Can the Bills name Tuel the starter...

Um, no. Mallett is crap.

Yes Mallett is crap but have you seen our secondary?

The only reason to start Tuel is so he can be a historical footnote as an undrafted rookie FA to start the first game of the season. It would be disrespectful to him to let him start and then get pulled just for this reason.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady was listed as "probable" with a shoulder injury for 3 whole years until the league changed the format of the injury report to (full practice, limited practice, or no practice) until Fridays when it reverts to the old format. Basically - the NFL will yell at you and slap your hand if you fib the injury report grossly but if you keep it nebulous they leave it alone.

Just watched the 6pm sports on Boston TV and they said Tuel was starting.

PTR

If their sports department is anything like most local news stations' this is hardly a surprise. Their "research" likely consisted of reading the ESPN ticker.

its all moot jus hear what Bellyache has to say

let me paraphrase

'Belichick grumble grumble I'm going to study the Bills’ preseason film as much as I can. grumble grumble “I’m sure they have some wrinkles and things they haven’t shown, grumble grumble but I can’t imagine they’d go through four preseason games and show up at the first game with some completely different offense,” grumble grumble.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/09/02/patriots-expecting-new-wrinkles-from-bills/yIaudRyTADDfYM6AE1qiDI/story.html

Of course, [defensive coordinator] Mike [Pettine] coming from the Jets and that background, Baltimore and the Jets, we’re pretty familiar with that style of defense. It’s a pretty experienced staff.” grumble grumblethey beat us a few times and um grumble grumble we sone one when the Refs nullified a sure Ravens TD grumble grumble to give us the win.

Tom Brady was listed as "probable" with a shoulder injury for 3 whole years until the league changed the format of the injury report to (full practice, limited practice, or no practice) until Fridays when it reverts to the old format. Basically - the NFL will yell at you and slap your hand if you fib the injury report grossly but if you keep it nebulous they leave it alone.

When isn't Tom Brady listed as grumble grumble "probable" day to day grumble grumble

...still have Manuel take a majority of the snaps (and not tell the press that), have Tuel hand the ball off on the first play and then put Manuel in, without getting in trouble with the League and disclosures?

Sorry for being long winded, but just wondering.

They can name my dog the starter (he is by the way is the emergency QB at the moment). They don't even have to let him off the bench.

I disagree. If he's not healthy enough to execute the gameplan then he shouldn't play. That's what practice this week is for; to make that determination.

But if tuel isn't good enough to execute the gameplan.... Well.... Ej should start even if a few runs are scrapped. I'd be willing to adjust it a little, as you'd adjust it for a backup anyway

the only naming a starter rule that I know of is 1 hour before kickoff

There are no "starters" outside of us talking. The term doesn't exist. The only lineup card the bills turn in is active vs inactive. There's no designation of who gets the first snap, the majority of snaps, formations or personnel packages to be used. Simply "active" or "inactive"