F-35 Super Fight Plane

C-Span did shows about this plane all last week and It looks like a great plane and does all sorts of neat stuff but what can it do that a drone or a series of special drones can't do better? Much like the battleship supporters of the 1930's or the cavalry promoters of that same decade, the manned fighter jet just isn't a necessary platform anymore, IMO.

Here is a link just because:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0612-fighter-jet-testing-20130612-dto,0,4701367.htmlstory

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C-Span did shows about this plane all last week and It looks like a great plane and does all sorts of neat stuff but what can it do that a drone or a series of special drones can't do better? Much like the battleship supporters of the 1930's or the cavalry promoters of that same decade, the manned fighter jet just isn't a necessary platform anymore, IMO.

:lol:

Here is a link just because:

http://www.latimes.c...01367.htmlstory

Oh, really? Tell me more about your expertise in tactical combat strategy.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yes, drones will solve everything. No.

Don't worry about communication and control uplinks that can be hacked, because its already happened.

And the more expensive F-35 systems can and will also be defeated, that's going to happen with everything we build

at this point in time, replacing figher jets with drones seems a bit like replacing eagles with mosquitos. maybe someday, but not today.

With the pace of technological change we are seeing, its going to happen soon rather than later

Still laughing..... note this is also the person who drinks Bud Light Lime. I'm starting to think we may have a Hogboy on our hands.

Your argument is a Lime Beer??? Well thought out, well argued shows your brilliance :doh:

As soon as i saw your name I knew you wouldn't say anything but ask me to write more. Change your name to "zero" it better suits you

It's becoming obvious to anyone reading that you're likely the laziest and most intellectually inept poster this board has ever seen.

You have taken a position. Support it.

It's becoming obvious to anyone reading that you're likely the laziest and most intellectually inept poster this board has ever seen.

You have taken a position. Support it.

I already have zero, if you have a problem with it let's here it.

I don't think you know what "support" means. Source for me detailed tactgical combat strategies in which all of the functions of the F-35 are surpassed by an unmanned drone.

You want details?? For what? I'm saying that a drone can do anything better than a manned aircraft can do and do it better in many cases. If you want to research that, feel free.

You want details?? For what? I'm saying that a drone can do anything better than a manned aircraft can do and do it better in many cases. If you want to research that, feel free.

How about details which support the bolded. Had you done any research whatsoever its unlikely you'd post anything so stupid. Hell, if you had seen Top Gun you'd likely realize how dumb you sound.

No, see, you made a statement and took a position. It falls to you to defend that position.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

No, see, you made a statement and took a position. It falls to you to defend that position.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Because its a casual conversation, how about you add something to do it or go away? You have made several posts now and said zero, now do you disagree with me or agree with me?

Your argument is a Lime Beer??? Well thought out, well argued shows your brilliance :doh:

I don't argue with people who state the moon is made of cheese either. I just mock them.

Did you learn that by watching Sci-Fi movies? :lol: :lol:

Edited by KD in CT

I don't think you know what "support" means. Source for me detailed tactgical combat strategies in which all of the functions of the F-35 are surpassed by an unmanned drone.

Point of note: "tactical combat strategies" is a nonsensical statement. There's tactics, and there's strategy (and operations in-between). "Strategy" has ****-all to do with individual fighter aircraft - the constraints are tactical and operational.

Do anything better, and do it better in many cases? What the !@#$ does that even mean?

And under what doctrine? Naval airpower doctrine? US or UK doctrine? Do drones work as well as manned aircraft under US Marine close air support doctrine?