Negativity

dayman

As with any NFL team it comes down to the QB. If Manuel develops into a good QB the Bills will be fine and on an upward path. If he turns out to be another in a long line of scrubs the Bills have placed behind center they will continue to wallow in the lower tiers of the league.

It's not any more difficult to understand than that.

For EJ to succeed this team needs to commit to Running the football and playing STOUT defense. We cannot put the game in the hands of EJ in his rookie year, that is a recipe for disaster. It demotivates the rookie as well as the veterans around him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for taking the time, Matt in KC.

Maybe I have overreacted because of the riduculous amount of hype this pre-season.

I just think fans tremendously overrate personnel of their teams in all sports. Then when things go wrong, the excuses rain down on the coach, the refs, bad luck etc,.

Fans hate to face up to the fact that perhaps their team usually stinks because of inferior personnel.

I get tired of people blaming Wannstedt or Gailey or Jauron or whomever. No coach would have taken these teams to the Super Bowl. Very few coaches in football are difference makers. I know that he is hated here but in my opinion Belichick is the best coach I have ever seen in any sport. Yes, Brady is great, but when he went down, a garbage qb looked great with the Pats.

I am just sick and tired of watching garbage for over a decade. If Manuel is the real deal and Marrone is good the future is bright. If not, it is going to be more of the same.

Edited by Kemp

I suppose I have been as negative as anyone...mostly because the team was heading and wallowing a negative situation in the past. Not so right now. I don't think Kolb was in the cards to do much, and don't think that we were in much of a position to win the New England game with him. Manuel is looking good from what we have seen and might still make game 1, but even if he doesn't he certainly should be ready for game 2. This is a transition year and I think we will be even better than last year (more than six wins) with the transition group as they look well led and talented (although raw). Should be an exciting year.

It is preseason .... sky is falling .... no-fun crowd is no fun .... shut up ... why are you here ... blah blah .... why watch the Bills if that is your attitude ... you are wrong these guys will play better ... coaches put players in difficult spots on purpose in preseason .... etc etc ... (there--we got that out of the way).

The bottom line that any rational Bills fan should understand (and I do believe Bills FANS should be able to be rational on this board) is that nobody in their right mind should believe this defense will be good until they see it at this point. Defensive line doesn't play the way it looks on paper consistently. LB crew is terrible. And DBs are barely a notch better than LBs.

Additionally, we have no QB at this point other than the hope that EJ will get it done. There is a strong likelihood that between the offensive line, QB situation, and WR corp....that offense will be inconsistent at best, if healthy, and terrible if even a few injuries happen.

IF....EJ ends up being awesome....we may be able to do something. IF that happens...we probably win 9 games (looking at the schedule now) and end up missing the playoffs. That would be an amazing season and I would love it if that became reality. But the best case scenario never becomes reality.

So what is the point of this topic? No point. Other than to just say that all signs point to another 5-7 win season ... which is fine b/c nobody on this board is here b/c we are front runners. But all in all ... it is time to get our heads straight since the season is about to start. No sky is falling threads once the season actually starts b/c we all know what is coming deep down. Unless EJ lifts us to the heavens (which will almost definitely not happen based on his college career) ... it is the sameoldbills.

Go Bills. Lets enjoy the season, and be happy to root for this average at best team yet again. :)

PS: Preseason means nothing ... but the players you know you have do.

That's what I love about this board. It's the eternal optimism of the members. Yes, let's all set our sights on 5-7 wins and be happy with that. The fact is that until we are a few weeks into the season, nobody knows what kind of team this will be. And even then, things can change very rapidly during the course of the season. That is why I never look at the schedule before the season starts and try and predict how many games the team will win. Our team and every team on the schedule changes as the season goes on. I agree with you that we should enjoy the season and root for our Bills to win each and every week. Let's just see how things play out. Enjoy the games brother.

Maybe you have been wrong twice.

I can assure you that I'm not wrong about not being a whiner.

That's what I love about this board. It's the eternal optimism of the members. Yes, let's all set our sights on 5-7 wins and be happy with that. The fact is that until we are a few weeks into the season, nobody knows what kind of team this will be. And even then, things can change very rapidly during the course of the season. That is why I never look at the schedule before the season starts and try and predict how many games the team will win. Our team and every team on the schedule changes as the season goes on. I agree with you that we should enjoy the season and root for our Bills to win each and every week. Let's just see how things play out. Enjoy the games brother.

^ This

The Negativity topic gets six pages of replies.

The Positivity topic gets three replies, one of which is negative.

it's the internet, it must be true -Anonymous

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! - Bluto

Edited by papazoid

Gilmore hurt. Vet QB's career ended. Brought in two worse QB's. #1 draft pick QB hurt. Defense looks bad. Da'Rick Rogers, a potential "Pro-Bowler" cut. Fred Jackson and Brad Smith were considered to play QB.

Lets be positive guys.

umm, our chances at getting clowney are improving ?

I can assure you that I'm not wrong about not being a whiner.

^ This

True, someone who is never wrong never does whine. It's an incomprehensible reaction for a resident of Mt. Olympus.

Gilmore hurt. Vet QB's career ended. Brought in two worse QB's. #1 draft pick QB hurt. Defense looks bad. Da'Rick Rogers, a potential "Pro-Bowler" cut. Fred Jackson and Brad Smith were considered to play QB.

The only thing on this list that concerns me in the slightest is Gilmore's injury.

I feel bad for Kolb, but he was junk, and never intended as more than a placeholder for EJ, so from the Bills fan's perspective, who cares if he's hurt?

Not at all convinced Leinart can't match Kolb.

Manuel is barely hurt.

Defense looked very good in two games, then came out both vanilla and visibly flat Saturday - makes for good coaching film. They'll be fine.

Rogers would have been nice, but there's a reason he went undrafted, right? And a big reason why they cut him is because of how well all the other young WRs on the team have been doing.

FredEx and BSmith are the "emergency QB's" - that's all Marrone was saying.

Edited by BobChalmers

The only thing on this list that concerns me in the slightest is Gilmore's injury.

I feel bad for Kolb, but he was junk, and never intended as more than a placeholder for EJ, so from the Bills fan's perspective, who cares if he's hurt?

Manuel is barely hurt.

Defense looked very good in two games, then came out both vanilla and visibly flat Saturday - makes for good coaching film. They'll be fine.

Rogers would have been nice, but there's a reason he went undrafted, right? And a big reason why they cut him is because of how well all the other young WRs on the team have been doing.

this is NOT how we handle things here...I demand a meltdown!

Now make with it...

Manuel is barely hurt.

Having to say that is troubling.

It is preseason .... sky is falling .... no-fun crowd is no fun .... shut up ... why are you here ... blah blah .... why watch the Bills if that is your attitude ... you are wrong these guys will play better ... coaches put players in difficult spots on purpose in preseason .... etc etc ... (there--we got that out of the way).

The bottom line that any rational Bills fan should understand (and I do believe Bills FANS should be able to be rational on this board) is that nobody in their right mind should believe this defense will be good until they see it at this point. Defensive line doesn't play the way it looks on paper consistently. LB crew is terrible. And DBs are barely a notch better than LBs.

Additionally, we have no QB at this point other than the hope that EJ will get it done. There is a strong likelihood that between the offensive line, QB situation, and WR corp....that offense will be inconsistent at best, if healthy, and terrible if even a few injuries happen.

IF....EJ ends up being awesome....we may be able to do something. IF that happens...we probably win 9 games (looking at the schedule now) and end up missing the playoffs. That would be an amazing season and I would love it if that became reality. But the best case scenario never becomes reality.

So what is the point of this topic? No point. Other than to just say that all signs point to another 5-7 win season ... which is fine b/c nobody on this board is here b/c we are front runners. But all in all ... it is time to get our heads straight since the season is about to start. No sky is falling threads once the season actually starts b/c we all know what is coming deep down. Unless EJ lifts us to the heavens (which will almost definitely not happen based on his college career) ... it is the sameoldbills.

Go Bills. Lets enjoy the season, and be happy to root for this average at best team yet again. :)

PS: Preseason means nothing ... but the players you know you have do.

You do realize this is a FORUM, right? Where people are allowed to express their opinions one way or another (respectfully of course). A BILLS forum at that. When negative things happen, people will react negatively, and why shouldn't they? If you want only the positive news and remain oblivious to the many bad things that have happened to the Bills over the last 2 weeks, BB.com is probably where you want to be.

Telling people to think only happy thoughts probably won't make the Bills any better. When positive things happen, I'm sure people with think positively.

Edited by Turbosrrgood