Negativity

dayman

i actually thought the opposite. D line was still in the backfield, but nobody in the line bakeing, or Defensive back corps wanted to tackle anyone. Tuel had time to look down field, but dumped off short passes. I will agree the o line didn't run block well.

Like last year, there were plays for the LBs to make but they just whiffed. It's popular to always blame the DLine because everyone knows that LBs need to be clean as the driven snow in order to make a play; they should NEVER be asked to shed a tackle, fill a hole IN TIME, or not overpursue the play. Bradham was breasts on a nun yesterday. I still keep seeing that play where Kyle pursued to the sideline to make a play and I'm still waiting of the LB to come into view.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DOOOOOMED

:D

I mean really, I was disappointed as I am sure everyone here was last night. But holy crap. Kolb is terrible and the team doesn't play for him like they do EJ. And when the team was moving they would self destruct (SJ13 fumbles in the redzone, Goodwin doesn't catch a sure fire touchdown, etc.) It was a bad game, better to get it out of the way now.

Edited by Luka

Bellicheck has a QB. He has the team to actually go in without a gameplan. He has question marks like any other team.

When the pats* win pre-season games, they are level headed. When the Bills opened with 2 wins bowling over unprepared defenses.There's talk of dominating teams all year. How outstanding the rookie receivers are, on and on. yesterday everyone stunk with the D-Line being the worst. What the heck is going on there? Mario at one point standing with his hands on his hips as the play was too far away for him to even fake an effort. Saw it last year and prepared too see it again this year.

People on this board were happy and that Big tough Doug Marrone was instilling a new era, a new way of football. Them when they get torched by a 3rd and a 4th string QB, there suddenly fatigued, it was just practice, and my favorite they played a "vanilla" scheme. Well they suck at vanilla as Shanahan showed. Not a single good unit yesterday. Freud would have loved this board.

The Bills got their collective asses physically whipped at the POA yesterday.

Is that easier for you to wrap your brain around?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Bellicheck has a QB. He has the team to actually go in without a gameplan. He has question marks like any other team.

When the pats* win pre-season games, they are level headed. When the Bills opened with 2 wins bowling over unprepared defenses.There's talk of dominating teams all year. How outstanding the rookie receivers are, on and on. yesterday everyone stunk with the D-Line being the worst. What the heck is going on there? Mario at one point standing with his hands on his hips as the play was too far away for him to even fake an effort. Saw it last year and prepared too see it again this year.

People on this board were happy and that Big tough Doug Marrone was instilling a new era, a new way of football. Them when they get torched by a 3rd and a 4th string QB, there suddenly fatigued, it was just practice, and my favorite they played a "vanilla" scheme. Well they suck at vanilla as Shanahan showed. Not a single good unit yesterday. Freud would have loved this board.

And yet NE got destroyed by a 5-11 team without their best player. Why?

Oh yeah, because it's preseason and it doesn't mean a blasted thing.

Relax.

Like last year, there were plays for the LBs to make but they just whiffed. It's popular to always blame the DLine because everyone knows that LBs need to be clean as the driven snow in order to make a play; they should NEVER be asked to shed a tackle, fill a hole IN TIME, or not overpursue the play. Bradham was breasts on a nun yesterday. I still keep seeing that play where Kyle pursued to the sideline to make a play and I'm still waiting of the LB to come into view.

GO BILLS!!!

Bradham and Searcy were the two that stuck out to me...I also noticed DL men missing tackles too (specifically Dareus and Kyle once each).

Just an all around poor performance. Will be interesting to see how they get it corrected.

I can tell you one thing though: I wouldn't want to take part in Monday's practice.

Its all just excuses. Excuses and speculatuion mean squat. The team sucked top to bottom. For me thats all that matters. Yesterday i watched the 2000-2012 buffalo bills play. As someone with a memory its cause for concern.

EJ didnt play so thats something. He doesnt get lumped with the rest of this giant turd.

K. Williams and dareus dont get any more passes from me. Either beat the second stringer in front of u or !@#$ off m'kay. Its an absolute embarrassment.

Cornerback well what can be said, all i know is when your two starters are both high 1st rounders and are either getting burned consistently cough..mclovin..cough or dropping INTS delivered into both hands by a swarm of butterflies then you might have some problems.

On offense we have a OL that cant open up holes for our best player. That had better change and quick. If EJ is THE guy then he'll make the OL better, we can hope.

One last thing, this they were tired meme going around THATS ridiculous. If these guys are gassed thats a problem considering the offense they expect to run.

Either way it gonna be a long two weeks til NE. I want this team to lay 50 on brady and co so bad.

Edited by AKA Bigdog

I can tell you one thing though: I wouldn't want to take part in Monday's practice.

I don't think he will physically abuse them Monday. Not with another game Thursday night.

But, I would not want to be in any meetings with any of the coaches today or tomorrow. I'm sure all of them, particularly the #1's, will be getting multiple ears full.

Edited by CodeMonkey

John, are you channeling Joe Theismann?

:)

If we're going to debunk my theory that it was just one of those days and look for something more concrete, I would say that the Bills quarterbacking yesterday sucked and that the effect of the sucky quarterbacking had a big impact on the rest of the team.

From the very beginning of the game the defense played poorly too so whatever it was that was afflicting the offense was afflicting the defense too.

Kolb sucked and then Tuel sucked. That sack that Tuel took was equivalent to Rob Johnson running out of bounds for a 5 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away. It reeked of a guy who's played QB his whole life not understanding the position of quarterback.

The team was not gonna win yesterday. It was only a matter of how much they were gonna lose by, IMO.

Even the very loqacious Joe Theismann can make a good point.

As you noted the Bills were simply bad on both sides of the game for most of the game. But watching the game it is obvious that running a fast paced offense with the backups or even with EJ, a rookie, it is an approach that places a lot of stress on a defense that has plenty of vulnerabilities. Those liabilites become more exposed the longer they are on the field.

Its all just excuses. Excuses and speculatuion mean squat. The team sucked top to bottom. For me thats all that matters. Yesterday i watched the 2000-2012 buffalo bills play. As someone with a memory its cause for concern.

Actually it's a bit worse than that. The Bills blitzed quite a bit again yesterday which they diid not do last season. But most of the time the skins (3rd and 4th) QB had all day to go through their progressions and make the completion. Was what we saw yesterday the reason Wanny did not blitz last season? Hopefully not, but we will begin to see in just a couple weeks.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yes he would have.

And you're probably overreacting to yesterday's loss.

Probably so, one thing for sure though the Tuel best steal in UDFA comments, the next tom brady krap, can now be put to bed. Thankfully. He is what he is good against third stringers (games 1&2) and soon to be stockboys. Well until yesterday.

The kid may develop as a back up but he is no hidden gem like some thought....... It would be a nightmare to have him start game one if no one else was ready/available.

EJ didnt play so thats something. He doesnt get lumped with the rest of this giant turd.

K. Williams and dareus dont get any more passes from me. Either beat the second stringer in front of u or !@#$ off m'kay. It an absolute embarrassment.

Cornerback well what can be said, all i know is when your two starters are both high 1st rounders and are either getting burned consistently cough..mclovin..cough or dropping INTS delivered into both hands by a swarm of butterflies then you might have some problems.

On offense we have a OL that cant open up holes for our best player. That had better change and quick. If EJ is THE guy then he'll make the OL better, we can hope.

One last thing, this they were tired meme going around THATS ridiculous. If these guys a gassed thats a problem considering the offense they expect to run.

Either way it gonna be a long two weeks til NE. I want this team to lay 50 on brady and co so bad.

It was a brutal game, no doubt about it man.

I just wouldn't worry so much. The pass protection was sound, and surely most would agree that it's been a different team this preseason when EJ has been on the field.

Nothing to fear man. What's the worst that could happen? They stink? We've been there man; we know how to deal with that. Just think of the possibilities if they DON'T stink.

Let's let things develop before we panic. As evidenced by Detroit drubbing NE's starters fiercely on Friday, anyone can have a bad game. Up until now, it's been more good than bad, and that's something to be positive about.

I don't think he will physically abuse them Monday. Not with another game Thursday night.

But, I would not want to be in any meetings with any of the coaches today or tomorrow. I'm sure all of them, particularly the #1's, will be getting multiple ears full.

Could be...I was functioning under the assumption that they'll get brow beaten on the field Monday and then the prospective starters will play short time on Thursday to get them fresh for week 1.

It was a brutal game, no doubt about it man.

I just wouldn't worry so much. The pass protection was sound, and surely most would agree that it's been a different team this preseason when EJ has been on the field.

Nothing to fear man. What's the worst that could happen? They stink? We've been there man; we know how to deal with that. Just think of the possibilities if they DON'T stink.

Let's let things develop before we panic. As evidenced by Detroit drubbing NE's starters fiercely on Friday, anyone can have a bad game. Up until now, it's been more good than bad, and that's something to be positive about.

I wont argue with you. I want them to win as much as any other bills fan. Days like yesterday just bum me the !@#$ out.

Hey its preseason for the fans too. Cut me some slack.

Well played sir

Well, seeing Kolb get sacked with his back to the line of scrimmage was interesting. The 3rd game is the game that is supposed to be most "like a real game" of the 4, right?

It's all preseason and it's all equally worthless