Free agent QB's per NFL.com, and camp cuts

boyst

This is not a doom and gloom thread, nor is it a cut Kolb and sign "this guy" thread. This is a thread looking at options should Kolb's injury be serious. And, personally, I believe this guy might need to hang it up to avoid long term damage to his dome.

Again, this is a thread about which option might be the best to head in to week 1 having on the roster with an injured Kolb and Manuel.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

you have to do some clicking, but you can see two pages of free agent QB's available now. There will shirley be more after Tuesday.

The current list of FA QB's includes:

Charlie Batch

Jerrod Johnson

Byron Leftwich

Matt Leinert

Alex Tanney

Tyler Thigpen

John Parker Wilson

TJ Yates

Graham Harrel

JP Losman

JaMarcus Russell

John Beck

The current list of QB's likely to be released includes:

(I will update this as they become available or mentioned)

I would have to think that Charlie Batch is the clear cut leader to bring on this team.

Oh, and Barbarian, Skelton is in Cinci, we could trade Byrd for Skelton?

edit: for spelling

Breaking:

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo 5m

Following today's injury to Kevin Kolb, the Bills will work out free-agent QBs Matt Leinart and John Beck, per source

Expand

Edited by jboyst62

Following today's injury to Kevin Kolb, the Bills will work out free-agent QBs Matt Leinart and John Beck, per source

Expand

odd, he is shown as a free agent if you go to their player tracker.

Right now Graham Harrell is Rodgers backup in GB.

listed as cut on espn

Oh, so they're going with VY. I didn't know they'd made that decision this soon.

Expand

odd, he is shown as a free agent if you go to their player tracker.

listed as cut on espn

Right now Graham Harrell is Rodgers backup in GB.

However there's a chance that Vince Young wins the job as the Green Bay backup.

On the Vince Young subject, is it just me or did it seem like Nix wanted Young but Gailey preferred Tyler Thigpen?

We know Nix liked Cam Newton, signed Vince Young, and drafted EJ. Seems like Vince fit Buddy's profile.

However there's a chance that Vince Young wins the job as the Green Bay backup.

On the Vince Young subject, is it just me or did it seem like Nix wanted Young but Gailey preferred Tyler Thigpen?

We know Nix liked Cam Newton, signed Vince Young, and drafted EJ. Seems like Vince fit Buddy's profile.

Agreed but I don't think many will give nix any credit for the pick.... Unless it flops.