Some real props for Nate Clements

Simon

I know most of y'all hate Dr Z cuz' he's sort of an overbearing, obnoxious tool. But he's also a former pro-am ballplayer who watches more film than any writer in the United States; which in my opinion makes him not only the most knowledgable football writer there is, but also the only I even bother reading.

He made Nate the #1 CB on his All-Pro team this year and I think I may very well have to agree with him. Clements' incredible consistency combined with the great danger he presents as a potentially devastating playmaker may well give the Bills the very best CB on the planet.

Congrats to Nate on the tremendous success he's had as a result of all the hard work he's obviously put in.

And congrats also to TD/Modrak and the Bills not only for drafting him but also for pulling off that incredible tradedown and still getting their man when I was pestering them just to take him at #14.

Cya

Dr. Z's 2004 All-Pro team

I know most of y'all hate Dr Z cuz' he's sort of an overbearing, obnoxious tool. But he's also a former pro-am ballplayer who watches more film than any writer in the United States; which in my opinion makes him not only the most knowledgable football writer there is, but also the only I even bother reading.

He made Nate the #1 CB on his All-Pro team this year and I think I may very well have to agree with him. Clements' incredible consistency combined with the great danger he presents as a potentially devastating playmaker may well give the Bills the very best CB on the planet.

Congrats to Nate on the tremendous success he's had as a result of all the hard work he's obviously put in.

And congrats also to TD/Modrak and the Bills not only for drafting him but also for pulling off that incredible tradedown and still getting their man when I was pestering them just to take him at #14.

Cya

205141[/snapback]

now imagine how incredible he'd be if he cut out all those stupid "ooh boy this should get me on nfl primetime ton....argggh, woops, aw sh--" plays.

now imagine how incredible he'd be if he cut out all those stupid "ooh boy this should get me on nfl primetime ton....argggh, woops, aw sh--" plays.

205147[/snapback]

you gotta take the bad with the good....and nate provides FAR more good than bad.

you gotta take the bad with the good....and nate provides FAR more good than bad.

205149[/snapback]

let me say it again....

now IMAGINE how incredible he'd be if he cut out all those stupid "ooh boy this should get me on nfl primetime ton....argggh, woops, aw sh--" plays.

no doubt bad comes with the good but his bad plays are absolutely and completely correctable with an attitude adjustment.

The kid has a fine honor bestowed upon him and you choose that thread as the place to take an unwarranted shot at him? Classy..... :lol:

Cut out "all" of them? Every single one? You mean all one this entire year?

Yes, here's to hoping that the best playmaker on our defense stops trying to make plays. Because after all, one !@#$-up a year is far too many for an NFL cornerback. :)

Dink.....

Cya

205141[/snapback]

Agree 100%... now let's extend him, TD!

The kid has a fine honor bestowed upon him and you choose that thread as the place to take an unwarranted shot at him? Classy.....  :lol:

Cut out "all" of them? Every single one? You mean all one this entire year?

Yes, here's to hoping that the best playmaker on our defense stops trying to make plays. Because after all, one !@#$-up a year is far too many for an NFL cornerback.  :)

Dink.....

205158[/snapback]

alright calm down. i guess i did a poor job of making a point. nate clements is awsome. i like him alot. he makes plays that other guys just aren't capable of making. but without those bonehead plays he would be a top 5 corner in this league.

ONE you say? as good as he is he sometimes is looking to make the highlight reel rather than make the best play for the team to win. here's 3 off the top of my head that put the team in BAD spots.

- last play of jax game when he went for int instead of batting ball down. bills lose on that play.

- ne (i think) when he had the fumble recovery but felt the need to try to pick it up on the run and scamper to the endzone. ended up with nothing. bills don't get the ball.

- fumble on return vs pitt when he tried to take off before he had posession. ball on our own 20, pitt TD.

i know, i know. he screws these up because he's trying to make the big play, which he often does make. that's why i like him alot. but sometimes thoe bad play can be devastating to the TEAM.

with all that said, congrats to nate on some well deserved recognition. if he fixes those mental errors, he will be a fixture in hawaii.

205147[/snapback]

What player DOSENT do that these days???

NC has a very consistent year, aside from late in the game against the Jags, he was vital to the success of the Bills defense.

he would be a top 5 corner in this league.

He already is.

And of your three examples, only 1 is legitimate; the blown play in the Jags game.

I hope every time Nate sees a ball on the ground he tries to pick it up and go with it (like he did the very next week vs Cleveland). It didn't have anything to do with Sportcenter and it didn't put the team in a BAD spot.

And your example from the P'burgh game is invalid because he wasn't even playing corner. Not to mention that in that P'burgh game when he was playing corner he shut down his side of the field, had a pick, forced a fumble, created another pick and scored a TD to boot. Having that kind of impact on a game from the CB position is nigh impossible. But he still does it in the biggest game of the year and you want to give him hell for a mistake he made when he wasn't even playing the position this thread is about?

Cya

205141[/snapback]

simon - i agree completely about dr. z - his writing and general level of intelligence are so much higher than his competitors (pete prisco, anyone?) that it's a joke.

He already is.

And of your three examples, only 1 is legitimate; the blown play in the Jags game.

I hope every time Nate sees a ball on the ground he tries to pick it up and go with it (like he did the very next week vs Cleveland). It didn't have anything to do with Sportcenter and it didn't put the team in a BAD spot.

And your example from the P'burgh game is invalid because he wasn't even playing corner. Not to mention that in that P'burgh game when he was playing corner he shut down his side of the field, had a pick, forced a fumble, created another pick and scored a TD to boot. Having that kind of impact on a game from the CB position is nigh impossible. But he still does it in the biggest game of the year and you want to give him hell for a mistake he made when he wasn't even playing the position this thread is about?

205186[/snapback]

That was not a blown play!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had great coverage, and tried to make a play on the ball - the lack of which everyone here has been complaining about since the days of thomas "stonehand" smith. as you may recall, he made a great INT earlier in the game. let's step back and give credit where credit is due: to the great jimmy smith, a criminally underrated player who made an absolutely sensational, hall-of-fame caliber play. sometimes your guy isn't making a mistake; it's the other guy making a great play.

That was not a blown play!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had great coverage, and tried to make a play on the ball - the lack of which everyone here has been complaining about since the days of thomas "stonehand" smith. as you may recall, he made a great INT earlier in the game. let's step back and give credit where credit is due: to the great jimmy smith, a criminally underrated player who made an absolutely sensational, hall-of-fame caliber play. sometimes your guy isn't making a mistake; it's the other guy making a great play.

I agree that he had great coverage (and I'll always wonder why he was the only guy anywhere near Smith) but it was a blown play because going up with two hands is wildly inappropriate to that situation.

And I also agree with the props for Jimmy Smith. Remember another huge play he made earlier on that game. On Prioleau's pick, Smith got off the ground, hustled like mad to catch Prioleau from behind and snared him at the 2. The Jags D holds and Jaxonville goes on to win by 3 thanx in large part to Jimmy Smith's 4point hustle play.

Bastard :lol:

Cya

I'm glad to hear it. I've thought that Nate is Arguably the BEST player on the Bills. Period. I haven't said much, but that's what my eyes saw. It's good when a respected source confirms what your seeing on a day to day basis.

I also think that next year, with McGee and Nate, we'll have two of the most dangerous corners in the league. Not that they're the all out best pure cover corners, but they're both bawl hawks and can catch and returners on special teams, so when they make an int, they know what to do with it.

I still don't like the scheme that the Bills play at times. I think with the talent we have on defence, we should be better than we are. Something just doesn't add up if you ask me.

For all the props that Sam and Pat have been getting, I think they've been doing a good job, but they're not even comparable to the wall that Pat and Ted had when we were the number one defence with far less talent in Wade Phillips years. I still think we're not as sound in our scheme as we could be.

Really, our defence is alot like the Kearse years Titans defence. Big defensive plays, but you can move the ball on them. Just like RJ did in the second half of the playoff games. I would say our defence was better than theirs that year.

I agree that he had great coverage (and I'll always wonder why he was the only guy anywhere near Smith) but it was a blown play because going up with two hands is wildly inappropriate to that situation.

And I also agree with the props for Jimmy Smith. Remember another huge play he made earlier on that game. On Prioleau's pick, Smith got off the ground, hustled like mad to catch Prioleau from behind and snared him at the 2. The Jags D holds and Jaxonville goes on to win by 3 thanx in large part to Jimmy Smith's 4point hustle play.

Bastard  :lol:

Cya

205303[/snapback]

Not to mention that he got the All-Pro pass on offensive PI on a game ending down, as opposed to the knucklehead on our team.

What is up with the Doc not even mentioning Takeo though?

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

Also wondered about about no mention of PhatPat and The Keg as well as Boomin' Brian Moorman. I guess there's only so much room to mention so many guys.

I almost dropped him a line but just couldn't bring myself to write a letter to somebody I've never met.

Cya

As opposed to posting on an Internet football forum

The thought actually occured to me as I was typing the sentence. But then I figured the difference was that here I can expect responses and interaction, whereas there I'd just be another fool hollering at the heavens.

The thought actually occured to me as I was typing the sentence. But then I figured the difference was that here I can expect responses and interaction, whereas there I'd just be another fool hollering at the heavens.

205421[/snapback]

Or you can look at it as, here you're hollering at the fools.

He already is.

205186[/snapback]

again...calm down. i think they're legitimate mental errors that he can and should correct. you don't. seems like in your mind he's as good as he'll ever be. i think he can be even better. sorry if i offended you. just offering my opinion.