Pete Rose: I should have beaten up my wife instead of gambling

So which one does the use of PEDs fall under? The thing thats putting asteriks all over the history books and stats sheets in the league and currently making the game into a big joke?

Not to mention everybody makes a sh-- ton of money, takes what amounts to a 5% fine, and baseball looks exciting again because JACKS. But Bud Selig hasn't been quietly complicit for years and isn't totally using this as a disingenuous PR stunt.

So which one does the use of PEDs fall under? The thing thats putting asteriks all over the history books and stats sheets in the league and currently making the game into a big joke?

clearly under integrity of the game - hence you see the massive penalties for a positive test, and not wife beating.

now if pete wants to make that argument ill say its a lot more rational than the wife beating comparison which was clearly designed to play with emotions not logic- though baseball is essentially attempting to toss ARod with what basically amounts to an "and dont come back" suspension for likewise pulling the integrity of the game into question and lying about it etc....

What, he's selling houses now?

Wife has a fantastic body, but definitely a butterface.

Actually, he is pulling in bucks. If he is still there, he had a hole in the wall dedicated to himself on the Vegas strip.

So, if I remember correctly he will sell you a MLB ball then sign for a extra $50. But, the best deal (for him) was to have him inscribe

"I Cheated" then sign for a mere $150 bucks or more. Suckers lined up all day long.

i guess i am just confused as to why a-rod is being made out to be a pariah...to my knowledge he never failed a drug test or admitted to doing banned substance since he rules were put in place to make it against the rules. He hasn't been proven to have obstructed justice or anything, MLB is simply taking the word of someone who is saving face and made a deal with them to tell 'the truth'.

clearly under integrity of the game - hence you see the massive penalties for a positive test, and not wife beating.

now if pete wants to make that argument ill say its a lot more rational than the wife beating comparison which was clearly designed to play with emotions not logic- though baseball is essentially attempting to toss ARod with what basically amounts to an "and dont come back" suspension for likewise pulling the integrity of the game into question and lying about it etc....

i guess i am just confused as to why a-rod is being made out to be a pariah...to my knowledge he never failed a drug test or admitted to doing banned substance since he rules were put in place to make it against the rules. He hasn't been proven to have obstructed justice or anything, MLB is simply taking the word of someone who is saving face and made a deal with them to tell 'the truth'.

its kind of in limbo right now i suppose. if you trust the MLB leaks they have a lot of info not only on him frequenting these doctors and venues for years but also attempts to buy evidence before MLB could get it, paying witnesses they wanted to use etc....

but until you see the evidence, its a tough spot to be in as a fan.

its kind of in limbo right now i suppose. if you trust the MLB leaks they have a lot of info not only on him frequenting these doctors and venues for years but also attempts to buy evidence before MLB could get it, paying witnesses they wanted to use etc....

but until you see the evidence, its a tough spot to be in as a fan.

Yes, but the fact that not a single other suspended player has appealed, coupled with the fact that MLBPA isn't defending these guys, suggest evidence is strong. What is unfair about the A-Rod situation is the unduly long suspension that in truth is a major gift to the N.Y. Yankees.

Thats my point, PEDs ruin the integrity of the game and all of the players in this scandal can still continue to play when their suspensions are up, or now if they would have appealed their suspensions. Pete Rose never did anything to ruin the integrity of the game, he never gambled on a game of his and did something to throw the game or effect teh results in the game yet he is banned for life.

A-Roid, Braun, they should all be banned for life. A-Roid admitted to using PEDs while with Texas AFTER he couldn't get in trouble for it, and according to an article today may have also been the one to leak Braun and Cervielli (his own teammates) names out to the public with this Biogenesis Crap. Also according to the reports, the reason why the league is going after him so hard is because they actually have the most evidence on him being tied to Biogenesis and getting PEDs.

And its true, its pretty said that a long suspension for A-Roid is actually a really nice gift from MLB to the Yankees who seem to not want him anywhere near the team anymore

Thats my point, PEDs ruin the integrity of the game and all of the players in this scandal can still continue to play when their suspensions are up, or now if they would have appealed their suspensions. Pete Rose never did anything to ruin the integrity of the game, he never gambled on a game of his and did something to throw the game or effect teh results in the game yet he is banned for life.

i understood your point, may or may not agree, i really havent dug enough into either story to have a strong opinion. i do get that gambling is a far scarier word to have associated with the game than steroid though. I also get that a guy doing something unique that no one else is is a lot easier to give the death penalty to than a large group with an "everyones doing it" mentality.

gambling vs ped is a much better discussion than gambling vs wife beating though. im just not sure im the right person to be in the debate as i only follow baseball casually and these are pretty major, and sometimes nuanced discussions that might be a bit outside my expertise.

Pete Rose never did anything to ruin the integrity of the game, he never gambled on a game of his

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowd_Report

"The most controversial conclusion of the report, that Rose had bet on baseball games while managing the Cincinnati Reds, was confirmed fifteen years later by Rose himself through his autobiography My Prison Without Bars."

:oops: