One thing we can all agree on: EJ 2-min drill>Fitz 2 min drill

YoloinOhio

Let's start another thread focused on the past and rewrite history at it

What the heck is with these new posters making a new thread just because they have a thought on an open topic?

Step up your game folks

My apologies. The good news though about a message board is that you don't have to open, read, or respond the threads that don't interest you. I didn't see this as an open topic, anyway, unless it is buried in one of the 20 page threads.

Wouldn't it be reasonable to wait until he does it against 1st team competition in the regular season before jumping to conclusions?

The only conclusion that can be drawn is one at the present time. Not trying to predict the future. Yes, today, I would take EJ over Fitz to run the 2-min drill for the Bills based on what I have seen from both. Could that change? Of course. Of course it is early. But Fitz's late-game antics last year play into this more than anything. Glad we moved on.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz went on an 80 yard drive with 3:41 left to beat Oakland. Then Fitz lead a great two minute drive against New England to put points on the board before halftime....which helped sparked a second half comeback and finally ended our long string of futility against that franchise. We all crowed that we finally had a coach and quarterback with the courage to lead such a drive with little time on the clock....a few weeks later Fitz was crushed by London Fletcher and was never the same again.

Trent Edwards lead the Bills to three exciting come from behind wins...we all marveled that we now had a quarterback with the savvy and skill to lead the Bills in pressure drives....then he was crushed by Adrian Wilson and was never the same again.

jp Losman leads the Bills to an exciting come from behind victory over the Texans including and amazing two minute drill culminating in a last second touchdown. We are all excited that we have found a gunslinger quarterback who will lead the Bills on many future comebacks. The next year, Losman gets hurt, Edwards steps in and does better...everyone clammers for Edwards. Losman's confidence seems rattled....and he is never the same again.

Drew Bledsoe....too much baggage and history to go into.

Rob Johnson steps in and replaces Doug Flutie who had struggled to score all year. He leads a great two minute drive to set up a field goal to beat the Titans....a Titans team, by the way, that went on to shut EVERYONE down that they would face in those playoffs with the greatest show on turf barely scoring enough to beat them (23 pts) and Peyton Mannings Colts scoring no more than Johnson and the Bills......but wait...a throw back on the kickoff run in for a touchdown. Buffalo looses...the next year starts with some injuries, some stupid one yard sacks...and that after the devastating loss destroys Johnson's confidence and he is never the same again.

Buffalo, you seem to have a good one there in EJ Manuel.....Try not to break him.

To me, the most important part of the drive was that EJ didn't panic at all. I thought he massively screwed up with the scramble on second down that picked up a first, but wasted way too much time with the pass over the middle to Dickerson. Those two plays wasted 15 seconds and Bills were still a bit outside comfort FG range. Woods then hleped out his QB and showed why people called him the most NFL ready of rookie WRs by running out of bounds. I liked EJ's confidence in lulling the D into a conservative stance by throwing short passes and then strike them with a bullet to Dickerson for the TD.

It's about time a Bills QB did to another team what's been done to the Bills for way too long.

Fitz went on an 80 yard drive with 3:41 left to beat Oakland. Then Fitz lead a great two minute drive against New England to put points on the board before halftime....which helped sparked a second half comeback and finally ended our long string of futility against that franchise. We all crowed that we finally had a coach and quarterback with the courage to lead such a drive with little time on the clock....a few weeks later Fitz was crushed by London Fletcher and was never the same again.

Trent Edwards lead the Bills to three exciting come from behind wins...we all marveled that we now had a quarterback with the savvy and skill to lead the Bills in pressure drives....then he was crushed by Adrian Wilson and was never the same again.

jp Losman leads the Bills to an exciting come from behind victory over the Texans including and amazing two minute drill culminating in a last second touchdown. We are all excited that we have found a gunslinger quarterback who will lead the Bills on many future comebacks. The next year, Losman gets hurt, Edwards steps in and does better...everyone clammers for Edwards. Losman's confidence seems rattled....and he is never the same again.

Drew Bledsoe....too much baggage and history to go into.

Rob Johnson steps in and replaces Doug Flutie who had struggled to score all year. He leads a great two minute drive to set up a field goal to beat the Titans....a Titans team, by the way, that went on to shut EVERYONE down that they would face in those playoffs with the greatest show on turf barely scoring enough to beat them (23 pts) and Peyton Mannings Colts scoring no more than Johnson and the Bills......but wait...a throw back on the kickoff run in for a touchdown. Buffalo looses...the next year starts with some injuries, some stupid one yard sacks...and that after the devastating loss destroys Johnson's confidence and he is never the same again.

Buffalo, you seem to have a good one there in EJ Manuel.....Try not to break him.

Thanks for making us re-live all of that :cry: If anything, we are a resilient bunch.

I love what the kid did yesterday. But really, I take Fitz' 2 minute TD against the Patsies for the win 2 years ago over the one on Sunday. That was in a real game against the Patsies. EJ's was against sad sack scrubs.

EJ looked great, but lets' not get ahead of ourselves. Yesterdays game was the first step in a journey of 1,000 miles.

I love what the kid did yesterday. But really, I take Fitz' 2 minute TD against the Patsies for the win 2 years ago over the one on Sunday. That was in a real game against the Patsies. EJ's was against sad sack scrubs.

EJ looked great, but lets' not get ahead of ourselves. Yesterdays game was the first step in a journey of 1,000 miles.

Point taken, the 2-min drives Fitz did have that were successful were clearly more significant. My point was that given both samples of work to date, I would take EJ over Fitz if we were in that situation today, preseason or reg season. Keeping in mind I did see him play in college so I am not only going off of the one drive against the Colts. That is all I am saying. I love Fitz for what he did for us, but am truly glad we moved on as he was brutal last year. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

LOL. They call me Captain Obvious for a reason. B-)

Can we all agree to stop comparing our current qb's to Fitz? I dont want a qb that can in any way shape or form be compared to him. I dont even want my third stringer to be compared to him. Enough!!!