One thing we can all agree on: EJ 2-min drill>Fitz 2 min drill

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In his dreams at night Fitz sees himself being able to throw a dart down the middle between three defenders for a TD like EJ did yesterday...defenders didn't even have time to react before the ball hit Dickerson, lol

In his dreams at night Fitz sees himself being able to throw a dart down the middle between three defenders for a TD like EJ did yesterday...defenders didn't even have time to react before the ball hit Dickerson, lol

But when Fitz's alarm goes off he is throwing a wobbly pass over the middle of the field for an INT when he had a guy open in the endzone. It is a good thing the Titans have a top-notch OL (was just reading how they look unbelievable)- he'll probably look decent with a ton of time to throw and will overtake Nashville with Fitz-magic the first time Locker goes down, and the Harvard Boy will rise again.

While EJ was quite impressive, I need to keep it in perspective. Fitz has won games with last minute drives in the regular season.

But I look forward to EJ doing it for years to come.

GO BILLS!!!

While EJ was quite impressive, I need to keep it in perspective. Fitz has won games with last minute drives in the regular season.

GO BILLS!!!

Fitz did? I remember plenty of loses that were direct result of Fitz but not really any wins... I mean we couldn't win more then 6 games in a season. His only record is he couldn't go 2 games in a row without turning the ball over ;)

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, but mostly he blew them...Tennessee and New England games come to mind immediately

Fitz did? I remember plenty of loses that were direct result of Fitz but not really any wins... I mean we couldn't win more then 6 games in a season.

Yes, he did. Not with any kind of regularity of course, but he did none the less. That is not a defense of Fitz, just a reminder that while EJ's work was impressive, it needs to be kept in perspective. That's all I'm saying.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, but mostly he blew them...Tennessee and New England games come to mind immediately

I don't dispute that at all. Fitz just isn't a winning QB. I think EJ can be.

GO BILLS!!!

Fitz did? I remember plenty of loses that were direct result of Fitz but not really any wins... I mean we couldn't win more then 6 games in a season. His only record is he couldn't go 2 games in a row without turning the ball over ;)

Fitz was 0 - 5 last season in leading comeback drives.

This in a nutshell. How many of Fitz's 2-minute drills resulted in interceptions or fumbles lost? I would bet that the number is staggering. I didn't hate Fitzpatrick by any stretch, but he clearly wasn't the answer that we thought he might become. Just another journeyman Kelly Holcomb type that got another chance.

Fitz may have made a pass or two like that, but never so effortlessly. EJs arm is pretty impressive.

the biggest thing with fitz was he couldnt make all the throws - in a two minute drill theres no waiting to fight another battle on the next drive, so he would have to throw up some of those low percentage throws for him and just see what happened. sometimes they worked, too often they didnt.

EJ should not have THAT problem. thats not to say his 2 minute drills will all be works of art, but if he struggles it will be for different reasons

EJ's two minute drill was against 3rd stringers.

Fitz's two minute drill was against starters.

There is a difference.

But were bashing Fitz so I'm sorta OK with it.

Based on how Indy's D played last year I'm not sure there is much of a difference, lmao

LOL. They call me Captain Obvious for a reason. B-)

Is that an apples-to-apples comparison?

Manuel did it against primarily if not entirely Colt backups.

It's a bit premature to be drawing any concrete conclusions.

Is that an apples-to-apples comparison?

Manuel did it against primarily if not entirely Colt backups.

It's a bit premature to be drawing any concrete conclusions.

Did you watch their D last year?? They looked like backups during the regular season too, lol

EJ's two minute drill was against 3rd stringers.

Fitz's two minute drill was against starters.

There is a difference.

But were bashing Fitz so I'm sorta OK with it.

It sure was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. The Colts pulled their starters in the 1st Q.

What matters is how 1st-teams match up with 1st-teams.

Manuel will improve, no doubt about it, he needs time and reps, just hope they continue to give them to him.

The cause for concern is the D where there were only a couple new players on the starting unit. They were terrible, even against the 2nd team and Hasselbeck, who's what now, almost 40.

Did you watch their D last year?? They looked like backups during the regular season too, lol

Yes, and they finished 26th in points allowed and 22nd in yards allowed. I saw nothing yesterday that told us to think that it will be better this season. If anything there should be more questions than answers. The Colt O has hardly any established offensive players, once Wayne came out, and he hardly played, they had none.

The second preseason game is usually the one that the starters play the most, so we'll see if there are any signs of hope on the D on Friday, and then the following Thursday. After that the opponent won't field a first team for long even if we do so it won't matter. Then it's for real. Preseasons are good for bad teams from the year before to work out their issues. Good teams just try to get thru the preseason intact.