Is there a concern on the lack of challenges?

ShelfromNJ

A few of us were in the chat room and there was a concern on the lack of challenge on the call that the Colts made it to the 50 for a first down. This was during the series of plays after we kicked the ball out of bounds and the ball was placed on the 40. It was obvious on replay that the ball never made it to the 50.

We were wondering why the place of the ball wasn't challenged. I haven't watch enough college ball to know about the challenges. Do you think there might be a problem for the lack of experience as a head coach to challenge? Maybe they didn't challenge because it was a preseason game? What do you think?

A few of us were in the chat room and there was a concern on the lack of challenge on the call that the Colts made it to the 50 for a first down. This was during the series of plays after we kicked the ball out of bounds and the ball was placed on the 40. It was obvious on replay that the ball never made it to the 50.

We were wondering why the place of the ball wasn't challenged. I haven't watch enough college ball to know about the challenges. Do you think there might be a problem for the lack of experience as a head coach to challenge? Maybe they didn't challenge because it was a preseason game? What do you think?

They have a guy upstairs who is supposed to let Marrone know when there's a challenge worthy play. I'm guessing they thought the situation in the first pre-season game wasn't worth challenging.

I was wondering that myself. Maybe Marrone wanted to see more of the defense but that clearly wasn't a 1st down and should have been challenged

This was my only gripe about the coaching. This is where a coach can keep a team from putting points on the board. Coaches have to be sharp as well with what is going on. This one was a gimme. Edited by VADC Bills

It's worth ignoring a winning challenge in preseason to find out who the whiners on the team are. I'm sure Morrone just wanted to see who'd get distracted by it. Or the new coaching staff is still working out the kinks too....

I would like them to challenge aggressively and get game-ready just like the players. Was there no post-game Q&A on this? (I didn't watch/listen.)

There was a first down ctach by TY that did not look like he got two feet down.

Its not a concern but it is a tool Marrone will have to get more comftable using.

Even the colts loopy color man was like "well it looks like he got a great spot there . . . ."

They have a guy upstairs who is supposed to let Marrone know when there's a challenge worthy play. I'm guessing they thought the situation in the first pre-season game wasn't worth challenging.

I hope he gets a mouthing if that's the case.