Hackett Will Have Box Seats

"It's hard to score a TD" = setting expectations. There's nothing wrong with setting expectations properly. That is a sign of intelligence, not pretext for failure. The only "realistic" assesment of this team thusfar? We are going to have to accept that we have a rookie playing QB. Accept, as in use our brain, and deal with this intellectually, not emotionally.

EJ messing up doesn't mean it was a "wasted pick".

EJ messing up doesn't mean Buddy Nix Bad.

EJ messing up doesn't mean Doug Whaley FAIL.

Immediately jumping to these conclusions is not being "realistic". Jumping to these conclusions means trying to prove an agenda that existed long before anybody knew EJ Manuel would have anything to do with the Bills at all.

Now, 3 years from today? That's a different story.

Annnd now I'm imagining a cyborg Marrone

"Run Analytics.exe!"

What on God's green earth makes you think advanced technology like that...would be written for a Microsoft OS? (And, no, it wouldn't be written for Apple either)

Nope. Perhaps Windows support would be added later. Perhaps. And, only if you needed a lot of developers, and the model was open source.

Wait a minute here. Unless the DC is Wanny right?

I just picture Wanny standing in front of a mirror up in the box, combing in Just for Men into his mustache and yelling "Same thing, base D" into a speaker phone.

Will this be the newest Jauron-esque TBD catch phrase should the offense sputter this year?

The offense sputtering is inevitable. Anyone with expectations of simply prepping Manuel for a run at a respectable record/performance next year is setting themself up for disappointment.

Assuming that Manuel is what they/we hope, assuming that Spiller can be an above average RB in the rushing department while in a full-time role, and assuming that Woods steps up, next season might actually turn into something offensively.

The defense is a different matter.

Drama king needs to pull his head out of his arse, Dareus needs to move on from grieving now, several LBs have to step up, Gilmore needs to improve on last season, and they'll probably need a S after Byrd leaves not to mention another CB.

What on God's green earth makes you think advanced technology like that...would be written for a Microsoft OS? (And, no, it wouldn't be written for Apple either)

Nope. Perhaps Windows support would be added later. Perhaps. And, only if you needed a lot of developers, and the model was open source.

Rumor has it that OC Hackett will be sitting in the box with the Stadium Wall Shout Box opened up on his laptop looking for suggestions from our membership....keep your suggestions to a maximum of two words. Some suggestions include: "Go Deep!" "There's Stevie" "He's open!" "CJ screen!" "Pass the $%#&in ball (4 words)

Rumor has it that OC Hackett will be sitting in the box with the Stadium Wall Shout Box opened up on his laptop looking for suggestions from our membership....keep your suggestions to a maximum of two words. Some suggestions include: "Go Deep!" "There's Stevie" "He's open!" "CJ screen!" "Pass the $%#&in ball (4 words)

Don't forget - wear bag :bag: - if you listen to pundits or fans.

Annnd now I'm imagining a cyborg Marrone

"Run Analytics.exe!"

Oh, so many good answers:

"Because knowing our luck, it's running Windows Vista"

"The Robot Apocalypse has to happen somehow"

"If it was apple, we'd wind up losing two copies of the playbook in some bar"

"Windows 8 is better for touch screens...we ought to call a few"

"Siri, what play should we run next?" "I'm sorry, I can't answer that."

The defense is a different matter.

Drama king needs to pull his head out of his arse, Dareus needs to move on from grieving now, several LBs have to step up, Gilmore needs to improve on last season, and they'll probably need a S after Byrd leaves not to mention another CB.

It sure as hell is a different matter. Tell me that before they even take the field for a play in a game that the defensive players aren't in a totally different mindset. That they really appreciate the fact they have a guy now who is going to release the hounds instead of staying conservative vanilla. I'm saying these guys are just itching for the season to start. And in the event they fail to grasp the huge change in philosophy, direction, attitude or whatever you want to call it. Kiko will sure as hell remind them that physical nastiness is what it's all about.

Anything from the past is just that. We are going to eat the future! Go Bills! :pirate:

i think he trusts his coaches enough to keep the sidelines in good running order.

this.. is not a Wannstadt flashback folks.

Actually, i can see him getting penalized for running out on the field ! he is a bit over wound as he says all the Hacketts are. Excepting the wife .

Geez i love the guy already and wish him a ton of luck and long term success as i do Pettine , Hilliard Henderson et al. 1 HC on the field and two Coordinators in the box. good to go

go bills!

His wife is excepting? Doug is making him sit upstairs so he doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off making an idiot out of himself. Now you get up there to your room Nate and don't come down until I say so...lol

His wife is excepting? Doug is making him sit upstairs so he doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off making an idiot out of himself. Now you get up there to your room Nate and don't come down until I say so...lol

"His wife is excepting"

Link ?