Hackett on CJ Spiller's Role in the Offense

Absolutely.

And also it's silly to say Chris Johnson is the reason Tennessee loses. Or even that Tennessee is better off without him. Or even that a good running game doesn't help a team, no matter how poor the rest of the team is.

obviously.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

And also it's silly to say Chris Johnson is the reason Tennessee loses. Or even that Tennessee is better off without him. Or even that a good running game doesn't help a team, no matter how poor the rest of the team is.

when Fitz becomes the starter he will be the reason they lose, righ5)t?

CJ2K is not the reason they lose but a larger part of the picture of Tennessee's problems. Instead or investing in talent beyond just a RB they have let a lot of good talent go. Haynesworth may have busted elsewhere but he perfrormed in TN. I can't remember who else - Dyson? A few others.

A top QB getting 20 plus carries a game is ridiculous unless your RB is AP. And even then!!! if Minnesota had someone like FJax there AP would have ten less carries a game and 12 less touches. And it would not matter one bit to the final score.

The premise is that CJ Spiller is a threat to take it all the way every play or gain 20 yards at least. To the break one open for the TD I say that it happens only a few times a season. The rest is just a running play. That is nothing to take away from Spiller or add to FJackson.

As far as top ten backs I disagree with many people have said. lynch is not a top 10 back any more then FJ is. The Washington kid, please. A rookie with one year. Under Shanny anyone can get 1000 yards. Morris is good but not top ten yet and still a lot of improving to do. I'll have to get more time on everyone to figure the rest out

when Fitz becomes the starter he will be the reason they lose, righ5)t?

CJ2K is not the reason they lose but a larger part of the picture of Tennessee's problems. Instead or investing in talent beyond just a RB they have let a lot of good talent go. Haynesworth may have busted elsewhere but he perfrormed in TN. I can't remember who else - Dyson? A few others.

A top QB getting 20 plus carries a game is ridiculous unless your RB is AP. And even then!!! if Minnesota had someone like FJax there AP would have ten less carries a game and 12 less touches. And it would not matter one bit to the final score.

The premise is that CJ Spiller is a threat to take it all the way every play or gain 20 yards at least. To the break one open for the TD I say that it happens only a few times a season. The rest is just a running play. That is nothing to take away from Spiller or add to FJackson.

As far as top ten backs I disagree with many people have said. lynch is not a top 10 back any more then FJ is. The Washington kid, please. A rookie with one year. Under Shanny anyone can get 1000 yards. Morris is good but not top ten yet and still a lot of improving to do. I'll have to get more time on everyone to figure the rest out

I don't even know what to say. You just said Marshawn Lynch is no more of a top 10 back than FJax is. You must not pay attention to the NFL. Lynch has been a top 5 back for almost 2 seasons now. He had 1800 yards at 12 TD's last season and 1400 yards and 13 TD's the season before that. He was an All Pro candidate last year.

Wow, you're having an incredibly hard time following this conversation. What I'm saying is that a good RB who gains lots of yards NEVER hurts an offense. And as long as his QB and defense isn't awful, you can ride that RB to the playoffs. Just like Minnesota did last season. If you have a RB who gains lots of yardage plus a good QB plus a good defense, you're going to win the Super Bowl. There is a difference between having all those and just not having a QB and Defense that are crappy.

Problem is Chris Johnson is Tennessee's only threat and their QB and Defense is crappy.

I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

I'm also not sure what your point is in general.

Really?

I don't even know what to say. You just said Marshawn Lynch is no more of a top 10 back than FJax is. You must not pay attention to the NFL. Lynch has been a top 5 back for almost 2 seasons now. He had 1800 yards at 12 TD's last season and 1400 yards and 13 TD's the season before that. He was an All Pro candidate last year.

Obviously, Lynch is a top 10 back. But in 2011, FJax was every good of a back as Lynch. FJax was killing it and the sole reason Spiller (remember those idiots who thought he was a bust!) wasn't playing a lot.

And yes, we all know how talented Lynch. But a mobile qb with read option makes it so much easier for a rb. Spiller & Jackson never had that luxury. And to think I wanted the Bills to draft Kaepernick. Hopefully, EJ is the guy because Spiller will be downright impossible to stop.

CJ2K is not the reason they lose but a larger part of the picture of Tennessee's problems.

Like the Bills of 2012, the Titans of 2012's defense was pathetic. Worse even. They were dead last in the league in points given up. The Bills were 7th worst. Kindof hard to win that way, no matter what your offense does.

Edited by reddogblitz

Like the Bills of 2012, the Titans of 2012's defense was pathetic. Worse even. They were dead last in the league in points given up. The Bills were 7th worst. Kindof hard to win that way, no matter what your offense does.

especially if built around a running game.

Of course Lunch had more yards and carries. He had more attempts. FJ split time. Neither had a QB. The Titans are a team just like the Bills. A defense like a sieve with quality vets who leave , though not all stars. Their offense could dind rhythm if it was on a drum. And both teams are dominated by their division rivals. I don't blame CJ2K but I do not celebrate the only option the Titans have and that is to feed him the ball.

Obviously, Lynch is a top 10 back. But in 2011, FJax was every good of a back as Lynch. FJax was killing it and the sole reason Spiller (remember those idiots who thought he was a bust!) wasn't playing a lot.

And yes, we all know how talented Lynch. But a mobile qb with read option makes it so much easier for a rb. Spiller & Jackson never had that luxury. And to think I wanted the Bills to draft Kaepernick. Hopefully, EJ is the guy because Spiller will be downright impossible to stop.

Agreed. But that was 2011.

In 2011 Mark Sanchez was bringing the Jets to the AFC Championship.

In 2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick was thought to be our franchise QB.

IN 2011 London Fletcher was a Pro Bowl quality LB.

A lot has changed since 2011.

Of course Lunch had more yards and carries. He had more attempts. FJ split time. Neither had a QB. The Titans are a team just like the Bills. A defense like a sieve with quality vets who leave , though not all stars. Their offense could dind rhythm if it was on a drum. And both teams are dominated by their division rivals. I don't blame CJ2K but I do not celebrate the only option the Titans have and that is to feed him the ball.

Lynch had 1800 yards and was an all pro candidate cause he got more carries? ok.. Lynch averages a yard more per carry than Fjax too.

I now see that your the forum jester. You will argue a point no matter how wrong you are.

IMO, and no particular order - Peterson, Spiller, Foster, Rice, Charles, Lynch, Doug Martin, Richardson, McCoy, Forte, Gore, Ridley, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, MJD....That's 15.....

Gore, Ridley, Jackson, Johnson, Richardson are not better than FredEx... I understand that puts him at 11... But that's more realistic than 16... We are talking skills, not Fantasy!!!

Plus 40% of 'my' top 10 can't pass pro... Fred is the total package... Legit runner, pass catcher, and blocker...

Gore, Ridley, Jackson, Johnson, Richardson are not better than FredEx... I understand that puts him at 11... But that's more realistic than 16... We are talking skills, not Fantasy!!!

Plus 40% of 'my' top 10 can't pass pro... Fred is the total package... Legit runner, pass catcher, and blocker...

Gore is about equal. Johnson has never had a season under 1400 yards so I'm not sure how you think Fredex is better?

Edited by AvengedSevenfold

Gore is about equal. Johnson has never had a season under 1400 yards so I'm not sure how you think Fredex is better?

since you're looking up stats, look up the stats of Johnsons QB's vs. Fred's. We already know Fred has split carries at least 75/25 every season he has been in the league.

since you're looking up stats, look up the stats of Johnsons QB's vs. Fred's. We already know Fred has split carries at least 75/25 every season he has been in the league.

YPC is linear. It does not deviate because one player has less carries.

We get it, you love Fred Jackson.

Edited by AvengedSevenfold

YPC is linear. It does not deviate because one player has less carries.

We get it, you love Fred Jackson.

You can take CJ to the ball. I am taking Freddy. I won't let you cut in for any dances, don't you worry.

You really will defend your opinions to the bitter end, no matter how wrong you are.

right and wrong is just sematics. I really do not see a list of the best 10 backs in this league that does not include Fred Jackson. His blocking, his team ethic, his willingness to run anywhere on the field, his pass catching. If you had a team, especially one like ours - which is fairly average in the league in that we have a lot of youth around the roster... how could you not want Fred Jackson being on that team?

right and wrong is just sematics. I really do not see a list of the best 10 backs in this league that does not include Fred Jackson. His blocking, his team ethic, his willingness to run anywhere on the field, his pass catching. If you had a team, especially one like ours - which is fairly average in the league in that we have a lot of youth around the roster... how could you not want Fred Jackson being on that team?

He is 100% not a top ten back and you continuing the thought of it is mind blowing.

Fred had a amazing half a year. But since when do we make a guy top 10 for having a half a years worth of work? Especially since you can't help your teams fumbling or being out with injury.

Fred is a great guy, he is a leader in the locker room, he has great work ethic, he is a great pass blocker. He isn't top 10 though but that isn't saying he is bad.

I will say he is a top 10 backup RB, probably the best backup RB in the league.

Edited by BuffaloFood