Who starts at QB for our first pre-season game ??

Who starts at QB for our first pre-season game ??  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts at QB for our first pre-season game ??

• Tuel
    • EJ
    • Kolb
    • Brad Smith

A certain guy in Green Bay would disagree with you.

Not necessarily. Green Bay didn't need Rodgers to play immediately because a certain future HOF'er was still playing at a high level. We have no idea whether Rodgers would have been able to come in and play well right away. Rodgers and Favre are not really similar players so it's not as if Aaron learned everything from Brett.

Based upon SF and Seattle this year, I start Kolb. Let him lose the job while EJ gains confidence facing 2nd stringers. By the 3rd week of preseason, you either find out that Kolb is elite or he shows you (much more likely) that you are smart to give the rookie a chance and that's the end of any controversy. That strategy worked perfectly for both Seattle and SF, though it took SF a little longer to make the move.

I've been a firm believer that Kolb would, and should start the regular season. But, given his embarrassing knee injury, his general poor performance in camp, and missing the scrimmage, I'b be surprised if EJ didn't start in the preseason. Especially, considering EJ's progression during the scrimmage. I wasn't there, and only know what I read (including on here- thanks, Mrags!), but it seemed like EJ started very poorly, but then calmed down, and kept his head. I think the coaches would be very interested to see if he can overcome the general criticisms that analysts had of him, pre-draft. It seemed like he exhibited some of them early in the scrimmage, but (perhaps) worked through them.

I've been a firm believer that Kolb would, and should start the regular season. But, given his embarrassing knee injury, his general poor performance in camp, and missing the scrimmage, I'b be surprised if EJ didn't start in the preseason.

Kolb missed scrimmage due to death in family but do not let the facts interfere with you posting.

Kolb missed scrimmage due to death in family but do not let the facts interfere with you posting.

No need to get insulting. I'm aware of why Kolb missed the scrimmage, and I certainly don't fault him for it. nor do I think the coaching staff would. I just think that the door has been opened a bit for EJ to step up and he seems to be taking advantage of it.

Pre-game#1- EJ (1st half), Tuel (2nd half), Kolb (out).

Pre-game#2- Kolb (1st half), EJ (3rd qtr), Tuel (4th qtr).

Pre-game#3- EJ(1st half), Kolb(2nd half), Tuel(out).

Pre-game#4- EJ (1st qtr), Kolb (2nd qtr), Tuel(2nd half).

Reg-game#1- EJ

Bills notebook: Manuel will get the start Sunday, Kolb to sit

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130810/SPORTS/130819876/1004