Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

More pseudo-intellectual BS. Certain segments of the black population (Like all cultures) is f*cked up and nobody could argue that.

There are certainly plenty of internal and external factors that contribute to that. To paint an entire culture with one broad, dirty brush stroke is simply inaccurate and ignorant.

Thanks, I'll remember to do that next time.

I'm referring to no one is to blame. The under water mortgages, decimated 401Ks, lost jobs, worthless pension funds are all a figment of your imagination. No one is laughing. Carry on.

Decimated 401k's?? A market smackdown is the best thing that could ever happen to your 401k you dolt.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah no they're laughing at you.

Good for them if so. I lose not one wink of sleep over it.

Decimated 401k's?? A market smackdown is the best thing that could ever happen to your 401k you dolt.

That would depend the stage of life an individual might be at now wouldn't it you knucklehead!

A few things:

1. I don't think TYTT or 3rdnlng are racists.

Yeah, they're just creepy ass cracka's. Not racist.

2. The words you use matter.

And, you should be held to them. But, only a fool will judge a man on words alone. "What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." - Emerson.

3. When you take some of the worst traits about individual people and give it the name 'Black' culture, you are (intentionally or not), at a bare minimum, inferring (if not outright saying it) that those poor traits are 'Black' in nature. That's not OK.

Urban culture is the PC way to term it, also the simply logical way. I do disagree with the whole African American/Black/Colored whatever labels.

4. By definition, 3rd, if you are Black, you are part of Black culture. Your argument about being African-American or Black but not participating in Black Culture is just silly. By your own silly arguments, you should be able to see that the very idea of 'Black Culture' being reduced to the above mentioned traits is silly.

I have met many blacks who are not part of an "Urban Culture."

A few things:

1. I don't think TYTT or 3rdnlng are racists.

2. The words you use matter.

3. When you take some of the worst traits about individual people and give it the name 'Black' culture, you are (intentionally or not), at a bare minimum, inferring (if not outright saying it) that those poor traits are 'Black' in nature. That's not OK.

4. By definition, 3rd, if you are Black, you are part of Black culture. Your argument about being African-American or Black but not participating in Black Culture is just silly. By your own silly arguments, you should be able to see that the very idea of 'Black Culture' being reduced to the above mentioned traits is silly.

I didn't give it the name "Black Culture". Black men such as Bill Cosby, Don Lemon, Michael Eric Dyson, Damon Young, John McWhorter, Thomas Chatterton Williams, and hundereds of other black intellectuals have. They have done so because they have seen the overwhelming majority of their racial group participate in this culture.

Trust me when I tell you that nobody is keeping me down. I'm doing quite well. Not everyone is however.

But the blame is all Wall Street's not the individual who is not doing well. Why is it always someone else's fault with you folks.

Trust me when I tell you that nobody is keeping me down. I'm doing quite well. Not everyone is however.

Are you one of those keeping them down? I am still confused who is keeping who down?

Also, you disagree with the statistics that both of them presented? Why, because they are statistics or because they are truth? Urban culture embraces violence, sex, drugs, and a new school rock and roll lifestyle of lavish living, immediate and instant gratification, putting yourself over at others expense and the over reaction and romantic ideas of being "gangster." The loud music, the brash in your face behavior with little consequence. The no snitch'n. The handle your own. The #YOLO. The ignorance of the belief that "because you were not there or did not know you do not know" therefore you have no idea what may or may not have happened.

Urban culture is vulture like. Prey upon the weak.

Are you one of those keeping them down? I am still confused who is keeping who down?

Also, you disagree with the statistics that both of them presented? Why, because they are statistics or because they are truth? Urban culture embraces violence, sex, drugs, and a new school rock and roll lifestyle of lavish living, immediate and instant gratification, putting yourself over at others expense and the over reaction and romantic ideas of being "gangster." The loud music, the brash in your face behavior with little consequence. The no snitch'n. The handle your own. The #YOLO. The ignorance of the belief that "because you were not there or did not know you do not know" therefore you have no idea what may or may not have happened.

Urban culture is vulture like. Prey upon the weak.

Yep. It's a pervasive nightmare that does no societal good.

:worthy: Oh the magnificent benevolence of Wall Street. :rolleyes:

Chef is a old white dude in San Francisco. He is far from Wall Street. He is a bit of a jerk, but who isn't? Have you read about his upbringing? Did you realize that he made his own way? Did you realize that he also has more disposable income because he does not have children?

You, 26CB...are coming across like a finger pointing baby. Take responsibility for your actions, let others be responsible for theirs.

I'm pointing out what is observable and quanifiable. Do you really need me to data dump you, demonstrating the negative comparative results of black Americans vs. other groups, in virtually everything that matter? Crime rate, life expectancy, high school graduation rate, poverty rate, welfare rate, fatherless rate, median income, home ownership, education level, prison population, percentage of drug use, business ownership, unemployment rate, spousal abuse, alchoholism, cancer survival rates, access to quality medical care... I could go on forever. Black American's don't just lag behind, they fail in spectacular proportions; yet the leaders of that cultural comunity don't solve the problems; they shift blame allowing the poor results to normalize, and anyone of shared race who doesn't get on board is an "Uncle Tom". The culture demeans women, lionizes crime, drugs, and gun violence, and encourages puchasing baubles with fast money rather than saving and earning.

Black Culture is inferior because it incentivizes worse outcomes. It's as simple as that.

For a guy who I know is one to opine on his fair share of conspiracy theories, it's staggering to me that you can ignore the impact of history and American society on what you are (incorrectly) labeling as the shortcomings of "black culture".

Step your game up.

Chef is a old white dude in San Francisco. He is far from Wall Street. He is a bit of a jerk, but who isn't? Have you read about his upbringing? Did you realize that he made his own way? Did you realize that he also has more disposable income because he does not have children?

You, 26CB...are coming across like a finger pointing baby. Take responsibility for your actions, let others be responsible for theirs.

Bleep Chef Jim and whatever he's cooking up and I don't need an FN lecture from you. I'm quite responsible in all of my endeavors and I'm benefiting from them.

Jesus Christ, you're thick.

Not all black American's participate in Black Culture.

Correction, not all African Americans participate in what you are erroneously labeling "black culture". There's an ocean of difference between your conclusion and reality. Thanks for playing.

Yep. It's a pervasive nightmare that does no societal good.

So, now you're saying that black culture is what they said? Because that is exactly what I said. That is what they believe. I have read their crap enough to know.

However, you make me think of a guy who used to work for me. He was a warehouse worker making $8/hr at a high end LaZBoy company. He would steal furniture (valued at hundreds of dollars ) during lunch in his vechicle, drive home and unload it. He would then tell his parents he bought it, drive with them an hour South to a flea market and sell it for $80-100. When finally asked why he sold it like this he said it was the easiest way to make a dollar. I saw him a few years later after he was fired and asked him why he was so stupid to really drive an hour with a 10' uncovered trailer behind is SUV every weekend to sell it for pennies on the dollar when he could clearly get far more money if he just put in effort to sell it. His response was classic "Urban." "Man, I don't have no one I know like that. I have to make a buck the best way I can. I am not like you and know a lot of people who make a lot of money to spend on this stuff."