Set your DVR's

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, don't forget the Motion Picture that is also being planned (for release in the fall of 2016 )

nothing really new here, the media will push for their favorite in every way possible........just as in 2008 & 2012

The All-Hail-Hillary Movies

Get ready for Hollywood’s love letters.

Edited by B-Man

rumor has it that they decided to pick up the story during Bill's second term because Max Von Sydow turned down the role of Jim McDougal, and Will Ferrell wanted too much to reprise his role as Janet Reno.

A 3rd "project" in the works (?)

the free campaign for the chosen dem continues............I'm sure it's all just a coincidence

CNN Taps Leftist For Its Own Film on Hillary Clinton

By: Tim Graham

Add CNN to the networks who are producing a Hillary Clinton movie. “CNN Films has tapped documentary filmmaker Charles H. Ferguson to direct a film about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,” reports

Dylan Byers at Politico.The film will air on CNN and be released in theaters (no word of a release date).

Like NBC News, CNN is insisting this doesn’t reflect on their editorial content. Spokeswoman Allison Gollust insisted “CNN's editorial side has no role in the production of the film, just as it has no role in any of the films produced or acquired by CNN Films.” Byers also pointed out CNN’s Jake Tapper called NBC’s film a lose-lose:

On Monday, CNN's Jake Tapper noted the editorial risks that NBC Entertainment will have to deal with over its forthcoming Hillary Clinton mini-series, calling it "a lose-lose situation editorially." The mini-series, which will star Diane Lane, will follow Clinton from the Monica Lewinsky scandal through her time as Obama's Sec. of State, Variety reported on Saturday.

{snip}

Byers also saw a down side:

Nevertheless, the project could cause some headaches for CNN as it seeks to ensure both Clinton's opponents and her supporters that the project will have no bearing on the network's news reporting. Conservatives will likely criticize CNN for devoting so much airtime to a Democratic candidate, while the Clinton campaign is likely to take issue with the network for dedicating so much of its energy to their candidate, rather than her likely competitors.

Byers didn’t quote any conservatives in response. We would have said picking Ferguson is picking a leftist. Ferguson’s two hallowed documentaries are “No End In Sight: The American Occupation In Iraq” (2007) and “Inside Job” (2010), a takedown of the bank bailouts from the Left (narrated by Matt Damon), which won an Oscar for Best Documentary.

The more speech the better? Something about Jefferson and Scalia and citizens United?

It's shocking that Hollywood would be interested in making a documentary and bio-pic about a woman who has sat in a position of influence on the world stage for over 20 years. Shocking I tell you. What's this world coming to?!

It's shocking that Hollywood would be interested in making a documentary and bio-pic about a woman who has sat in a position of influence on the world stage for over 20 years. Shocking I tell you. What's this world coming to?!

I don't think anyone said it was shocking.

I don't think anyone said it was shocking.

True. But what is shocking is the line of thought that assumes the reasons for the interest are politically motivated rather than financially motivated.

Edited by tgreg99

True. But what is shocking is the line of thought that assumes the reasons for the interest are politically motivated rather than financially motivated.

Why does it have to be politically motivated RATHER than financially motivated?

Why does it have to be politically motivated RATHER than financially motivated?

If you believe the political bent is stronger than the financial one then you are incapable of seeing the forest through the trees.

Which is exactly what they are counting on.

If you believe the political bent is stronger than the financial one then you are incapable of seeing the forest through the trees.

Which is exactly what they are counting on.

No one has said anything about NBC making money or not making money on this venture.

No one has said anything about the politics being more important than making money.

It can be a financial success and have political motivation at the same time.

Been living under a rock since 2008? It has nothing to do with financials. CNN and NBC's ratings have tanked since Obama took office way back when. They care much more about their "elite" street-cred (ie politics) than financials. CNN and NBC's movies will no doubt be "love letters" to the next democratic presidential nominee. They're clearly doing this to help Hillary and for the adulation and prestige of the NYC, DC and LA types. I don't see how you can even argue this point.

No one has said anything about NBC making money or not making money on this venture.

No one has said anything about the politics being more important than making money.

It can be a financial success and have political motivation at the same time.

Clearly you haven't read the earlier posts in this thread or are unable to detect subtext. But it's all good.

Been living under a rock since 2008? It has nothing to do with financials. CNN and NBC's ratings have tanked since Obama took office way back when. They care much more about their "elite" street-cred (ie politics) than financials. CNN and NBC's movies will no doubt be "love letters" to the next democratic presidential nominee. They're clearly doing this to help Hillary and for the adulation and prestige of the NYC, DC and LA types. I don't see how you can even argue this point.

Here's the best example of someone who just doesn't get it....

And I can argue this point because unlike you, I'm aware of how the business side of these deals work.

Clearly you haven't read the earlier posts in this thread or are unable to detect subtext. But it's all good.

You should probably focus on actual text before you start trying to figure out subtext.

Walk before you try to run.

You should probably focus on actual text before you start trying to figure out subtext.

Walk before you try to run.

Thanks for the tip.

nothing really new here, the media will push for their favorite in every way possible........just as in 2008 & 2012

The All-Hail-Hillary Movies

Get ready for Hollywood’s love letters.

A 3rd "project" in the works (?)

the free campaign for the chosen dem continues............I'm sure it's all just a coincidence

I remember the left going nuts when Arnold was scheduled to be a guest on Leno's show in the weeks prior to the election in california.

Care to revise your bullshiit statement, Mr. Miner?