[closed]So I guess all this time off didnt help the injury issues.

Eagles loose a WR to a torn ACL today, and NFLN Just now updated Dennis Pitta the TE from Baltimore is now out for the year. They took him into surgery for a dislocated hip and found a fracture as well. This is what day 2 for the Ravens?

But didn't the NFLPA site injuries as the reason the players get all this time off, all these soft practices?

Didnt Maclin have AIDS last year?

He was checked for a few things one of which was Lymphoma which has similar symptoms to HIV so im sure they checked him for that too

I don't see how time off prevents injuries like these... It's football injuries are part of the game

Edited by Max997

Eagles loose a WR to a torn ACL today, and NFLN Just now updated Dennis Pitta the TE from Baltimore is now out for the year. They took him into surgery for a dislocated hip and found a fracture as well. This is what day 2 for the Ravens?

But didn't the NFLPA site injuries as the reason the players get all this time off, all these soft practices?

I didnt realize the new CBA was supposed to eliminate injuries. If anything wouldn't the major injuries be proof that its dangerous any and every time you hit the field and players were right to want to reduce exposure?

I didnt realize the new CBA was supposed to eliminate injuries. If anything wouldn't the major injuries be proof that its dangerous any and every time you hit the field and players were right to want to reduce exposure?

Yeah, part of the CBA was no pads for one of the two-a-days. Only one practice a day in pads, the other must be a "walk through". This was because the players union said 2 a days led to player wearing down and getting injured. Not, you know, the full speed ramming into each other.

I always subscribed to the belief that a certain amount of contact builds up a resistance to injuries. Similar to Karate, or MMA fighters who start as children rolling their shins in or order to stop leg kicks.

who knows. Non contact injuries will always happen. knees come to mind. Darrelle Revis comes to mind. Sometimes a leg or knee just collapses...

Injuries will never go away. They could make it eyeball tag football and people would still get hurt.

Detached retinas out the yin yang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.