Holmes may miss 2013 season for Jets

Wow, between the train wreck of the pats off-season and the Jets possibly losing their best offensive player for the season, this could make things pretty interesting in the AFC East. Hopefully, some young players step up for us and make for a promising season

? ? ?

What's with the questions marks.

I am tempted to point out that you didn't use a question mark yourself.

The OP did not link his "report" to anything...................Yes, we all know Holmes was hurt, but missing the season would be new info.

see ? ? ?

The OP did not link his "report" to anything...................Yes, we all know Holmes was hurt, but missing the season would be new info.

see ? ? ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000221476/article/santonio-holmes-of-ny-jets-unsure-if-hell-play-in-2013

There ya go buddy

Miami might be the favorite to win the east for many. The Jets are going to be bad

Naw, it is still going to be the pats* most likely. They are still number 1 where it matters: QB and HC. Any other team has too much to prove to be a serious challenger.

And the hype surrounding miami is over the top. Tanahill had a solid rookie year, but hardly a break out star. Wallace is one of the best deep threats, but not a great all around reciever. Them losing reggie bush is really going to hurt them. Swapping Dansby for Ellerbe is a latteral move at best, and I think a downgrade in my opinion. Dion Jordan is a high risk high reward type. And they arguably are worse at LT than they were last year, I just don't see this team competing with the pats* anymore than the bills or jests really.

Unless one of the other teams pulls a big surprise, it will still be the Pats* division this year.

Naw, it is still going to be the pats* most likely. They are still number 1 where it matters: QB and HC. Any other team has too much to prove to be a serious challenger.

And the hype surrounding miami is over the top. Tanahill had a solid rookie year, but hardly a break out star. Wallace is one of the best deep threats, but not a great all around reciever. Them losing reggie bush is really going to hurt them. Swapping Dansby for Ellerbe is a latteral move at best, and I think a downgrade in my opinion. Dion Jordan is a high risk high reward type. And they arguably are worse at LT than they were last year, I just don't see this team competing with the pats* anymore than the bills or jests really.

Unless one of the other teams pulls a big surprise, it will still be the Pats* division this year.

I could honestly see this division being very close between with the Pats, Bills and Fins all with around 9-7 type records and the Jets at 4-12. New England lost too much and Brady isnt getting any younger and while Miami did make some moves in the off season I just dont see them being much better than .500 or so, especially with an unproven Tannehill.

His year, statistically was as good/bad as Brandon Weedon. I honestly don't get the hype for Tannehill.

Tannehill's stats last season from NFL .com :

G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Rate

16 484 282 58.3 30.2 3,294 6.8 205.9 12 2.5 13 76.1

Solid is being charitable. I would call it mediocre.

Edited by prissythecat

see ? ? ?

Oh. You mean you wanted the link.

My bad. I had already read the article on nfl.com so I didnt think about that.

I'm in the minority with what I'm about to say... in fact, I may be literally the only person on this board that feels this way, but since spygate, there has been one thing that the Patriots have had working in their favor over every other team in the AFC east, and that is the way the NFL schedules their season since realignment. With teams playing every team in their division 2x (6 games) every team from a division in the opposing conference 1x (4 games) and one division within your conferences 1x (4 games) that means that teams within a division share 14 out of 16 games. The Patriots are playing, essentially, the exact same schedule as the Bills--it's no coincidence that their "dominance" of the last decade has coincided with realignment.

If the formula (or lack there of) that was used pre-realignment was still in place, I think you would have seen the Jets win the division 2-3 times, the Dolphins win it once or twice, and yes, possibly even the Bills in 2011.

Think about it like this: the Pats play the Bills twice a year--Beli knows our offense, what we do, etc. Ditto for his working knowledge of the Phins, and Jets. Now, ff the Patriots are playing 14 out of 16 opponents that the Bills are playing, (as well as miami and new york) Beli can prep for that game by seeing how, let's say, Houston's defense, handled their game against the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets. It's crazy. Now, that's not to say that the Bills, Dolphins and Jets don't have that same "advantage", because obviously they do... but if we could consolidate this down to my overarching thesis, it's this:

The Patriots havent been as good as you THINK they are, for 6 or 7 years now. They look good in the regular season, then get executed fairly easily in the playoffs. In fact, they shouldnt have made that super bowl 2 years ago--but that's another story.

I'm in the minority with what I'm about to say... in fact, I may be literally the only person on this board that feels this way, but since spygate, there has been one thing that the Patriots have had working in their favor over every other team in the AFC east, and that is the way the NFL schedules their season since realignment. With teams playing every team in their division 2x (6 games) every team from a division in the opposing conference 1x (4 games) and one division within your conferences 1x (4 games) that means that teams within a division share 14 out of 16 games. The Patriots are playing, essentially, the exact same schedule as the Bills--it's no coincidence that their "dominance" of the last decade has coincided with realignment.

If the formula (or lack there of) that was used pre-realignment was still in place, I think you would have seen the Jets win the division 2-3 times, the Dolphins win it once or twice, and yes, possibly even the Bills in 2011.

Think about it like this: the Pats play the Bills twice a year--Beli knows our offense, what we do, etc. Ditto for his working knowledge of the Phins, and Jets. Now, ff the Patriots are playing 14 out of 16 opponents that the Bills are playing, (as well as miami and new york) Beli can prep for that game by seeing how, let's say, Houston's defense, handled their game against the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets. It's crazy. Now, that's not to say that the Bills, Dolphins and Jets don't have that same "advantage", because obviously they do... but if we could consolidate this down to my overarching thesis, it's this:

The Patriots havent been as good as you THINK they are, for 6 or 7 years now. They look good in the regular season, then get executed fairly easily in the playoffs. In fact, they shouldnt have made that super bowl 2 years ago--but that's another story.

Yup . You are definitely in the minority.

I could honestly see this division being very close between with the Pats, Bills and Fins all with around 9-7 type records and the Jets at 4-12. New England lost too much and Brady isnt getting any younger and while Miami did make some moves in the off season I just dont see them being much better than .500 or so, especially with an unproven Tannehill.

ill back this up. Agree completely. Am I saying we will be 9-7? Absolutely not. But I'm definitely hoping we surprise some people this year.

ill back this up. Agree completely. Am I saying we will be 9-7? Absolutely not. But I'm definitely hoping we surprise some people this year.

Yea I was being a bit optimistic putting us in the 9-7 discussion but every year the NFL has a few surprise teams and if we can catch a few breaks, anything is possible.