Are the Pittsburgh Pirates going to put us on top (or bottom)?

dollars 2 donuts

I researched this a couple of years ago, but I haven't necessarily kept track so please forgive me if I am off by a team or two.

Last year the Baltimore Orioles made MLB's post season and the Florida Panthers did, as well in the NHL.

The Pittsburgh Pirates were 51-30 at the halfway point of this season and if they get into the playoffs this year it will be their first trip there since 1991, I believe.

Meaning, if my memory serves me, that the Pirates will be the last major professional American sports franchise to make their sport's playoffs since the Bills last made it in 1999.

...further meaning all 121 other pro sports teams have done in the last 14 years what the Bills have failed to do.

Again, I could be wrong.

It has nothing to do with the upcoming season and no rip on the franchise here.

Just an annoying little anomaly that I hope comes to an end soon.

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I'm from the Buffalo area originally, & I now live in Steelers country. I love my Bills, & I have Bucco fever! Nothing would please me more then to see the playoff drought end for my two favorite franchises! Yank down the goal posts & raise the Jolly Roger on 2013!

Nope, KC Royals: 1985 World Series was their last playoff appearance. So we have 14 more years of this to look forward to!

Go Bills.

kj

The Blue Jays haven't made the playoffs for nineteen seasons.

Mitch and Murray really researched the **** out of this one.

I have been a fan of both since 1979. The last time the Bucs won the whole thing. This is the year BOTH turn it all around. Pirates go for 10 in a row tonight. Can 't wait to knock Brady and BB off their high horse in Sept. GO BUCS GO BILLS

I'm from the Buffalo area originally, & I now live in Steelers country. I love my Bills, & I have Bucco fever! Nothing would please me more then to see the playoff drought end for my two favorite franchises! Yank down the goal posts & raise the Jolly Roger on 2013!

Same! Going to the game on the 4th of July!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...