July Movies: Lone Ranger, Wolverine, & Pacific Rim.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rating for Pacific Rim... holy SH*T / 10

told ya bud. Aren't you glad you saw it in IMAX 3D?

Told you it would be worth it. Makes me want to see it for a 3rd time just talking about it. If its still in IMAX on Sunday I might go again.

told ya bud. Aren't you glad you saw it in IMAX 3D?

Told you it would be worth it. Makes me want to see it for a 3rd time just talking about it. If its still in IMAX on Sunday I might go again.

Heck yeah...I geeked out big time. I've never seen CGI like that. The extent of those special effects and the way they used audio to enhance the realism was just stunning. Makes me wish I still had my badass subwoofer for when this comes out on bluray. This film would probably take over from Cloverfield as my single best HT experience ever. That 50,000 watt IMAX audio system shook my innards and made it seem like the fighting was breaking out right in front of me. Just a friggin amazing movie experience.

I think I've revised my position on 3D...I don't really care for it when I'm at a regular theater, but if it's IMAX then it's totally worth the extra bucks.

I think the new Metallica 3D film takes over the IMAX spot tomorrow, so I'm glad I got over there to see it today. And like you, I'd very gladly dish out some more cash to see it again. It was THAT good.

Heck yeah...I geeked out big time. I've never seen CGI like that. The extent of those special effects and the way they used audio to enhance the realism was just stunning. Makes me wish I still had my badass subwoofer for when this comes out on bluray. This film would probably take over from Cloverfield as my single best HT experience ever. That 50,000 watt IMAX audio system shook my innards and made it seem like the fighting was breaking out right in front of me. Just a friggin amazing movie experience.

I think I've revised my position on 3D...I don't really care for it when I'm at a regular theater, but if it's IMAX then it's totally worth the extra bucks.

I think the new Metallica 3D film takes over the IMAX spot tomorrow, so I'm glad I got over there to see it today. And like you, I'd very gladly dish out some more cash to see it again. It was THAT good.

Glad you liked it.

Guillermo Del Toro really delivered the goods with this movie and even though his plate is full of other projects, I really hope a sequel will not be too far off.

I can not wait to see what Warner Bros. & Legendary Pictures can do with "Godzilla" next summer.

Glad you liked it.

Guillermo Del Toro really delivered the goods with this movie and even though his plate is full of other projects, I really hope a sequel will not be too far off.

I can not wait to see what Warner Bros. & Legendary Pictures can do with "Godzilla" next summer.

It's already in the black in worldwide gross I think, so I'm hopeful that we get a sequel, as well. I think it may have some box office legs since the word of mouth is getting around, along with the excellent critical reception. I can't believe people would rather spend their money on Grown Ups 2 when a film like this is showing... :doh:

It's already in the black in worldwide gross I think, so I'm hopeful that we get a sequel, as well. I think it may have some box office legs since the word of mouth is getting around, along with the excellent critical reception. I can't believe people would rather spend their money on Grown Ups 2 when a film like this is showing... :doh:

with all that said, this week will be the 3rd week showing on IMAX in 3D at Regal Transit. I haven't seen that since Avatar. Depending what else comes out this week, it might last even longer. Love this movie.

Ugh, me too.

One problem is that audiences might have been tired from the overabundance of action films. Couple that with the fact that there were no A-List actors in this movie and that female appeal was basically at 0%, "Pacific Rim" had a lot of obstacles against it.

Internationally it still has yet to open in China(July 31) & Japan(August 9), which are the last major markets. Even so it should still make over $100 million domestically.

Saw "The Wolverine" this weekend. Much better than the last Wolverine movie, but that would not be difficult.

The focus on a specific plot and story in this movie makes it much better. Some good over-the-top martial arts action is a lot of fun to see, as is the Silver Samurai.

Of course Hugh Jackman's portrayal of this character is always great to see.

Also, as has become a Marvel custom, do not leave right away when the end credits start to roll.

My rating for Pacific Rim... holy SH*T / 10

Awesome keep trying to find a time to see this what works around babysitting and putting down my little ones.

Just saw Wolverine and had a great time.

Awesome keep trying to find a time to see this what works around babysitting and putting down my little ones.

I was really hoping P.Rim would have some legs and give everyone more time to see it, but that's not proving to be the case...if you do get a chance, let us know what you think!

Enjoy "Pacific Rim".

Did you stay for the end credits of "The Wolverine"?

Been awhile between films for my wife & I, but at last minute the grandparents offered to mind (they live hours away) & off we went. Only film showing with a ticket together was the Lone Ranger. I have low expectations, if I wriggle a lot, the film sucks, if I hardly wriggle the film was ok and so forth. I hardly wriggled for what it's worth and my wife said she didn't hate it...

I just saw what is easily my favorite film of 2013...

11172428_det.jpg

I loved every minute of it...much different film than I was expecting. I give it a 9.5/10