July Movies: Lone Ranger, Wolverine, & Pacific Rim.....

I just saw what is easily my favorite film of 2013...

11172428_det.jpg

I loved every minute of it...much different film than I was expecting. I give it a 9.5/10

Didn't get a chance to see this in the theater so I look forward to seeing it on dvd.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to get through Fruitvale but not sure i can make it...i know a bit about the story, but they are making this dude out to be just shy of a saint...my goodness, he tries to save a dog that's been hit by a car, he helps a lady in the grocery store figure out what the best way to fry fish is, the young daughter has a premonition, it seems like they are trying way too hard in the character development...i know good people end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, but this is getting ridiculous...they are just trying to hard....

Greg Kinnear will never be a leading man. He's a good actor, but not a bankable one. As long as he is part of an ensemble or in supporting roles he will continue to do well.

"Only God Forgives" got slammed at it's debut at Cannes. Oh well, everybody has their off days.

For me, I think the documentaries "Blackfish" & "The Act of Killing" look good, but more than likely they'll have to wait for dvd.

"Stuck In Love" could be fun, although it looks a lot like "Crazy, Stupid, Love".

"The Look of Love" could be good, I do like Anna Friel.

"Fruitvale Station" is getting massive hype, but I'm a bit skeptical on that one.

I like some of Woody Allen's movies and Cate Blanchett might be the best female actor around today, so I might see "Blue Jasmine".

I'm trying to get through Fruitvale but not sure i can make it...i know a bit about the story, but they are making this dude out to be just shy of a saint...my goodness, he tries to save a dog that's been hit by a car, he helps a lady in the grocery store figure out what the best way to fry fish is, the young daughter has a premonition, it seems like they are trying way too hard in the character development...i know good people end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, but this is getting ridiculous...they are just trying to hard....

You are echoing what many people have told me. I live in the Bay Area, and this was a shocking story when it happened.

From what I heard, the guy was far from a good citizen in real life, but you would not know it watching the movie.

Beware of movies with agendas.