Big Brother 15 (Warning: Spoilers!!)

ajzepp

It was bound to happen, but this is officially the first season where every house guest is younger than me...very weird feeling! I first started watching this show back when I was 28, and slowly but surely I've felt older and older as each season passed lol.

Anyhow, the cast isn't very diverse, which is a disappointment to me. It's basically 8 high maintenance barbie types, the token gay guy, the token black guy, and six white guys in their 20s. Not very inspired casting, if you ask me...the more diverse the better, that's how I see it.

So far there has been one twist announced for this season, and it could end up really being a significant factor. Essentially the HoH will nominate two house guests for eviction, per usual, but this season there will be an "MVP" each week based on the viewers votes. The MVP will be notified secretly and it's his or her discretion if they want to disclose their identity. They will have the ability to nominate a THIRD house guest for eviction, and this will be made known to the house prior to the veto competition each week.

BB15 airs Tues, Wed, and Sundays each week. Also, for those who like to watch Big Brother After Dark, the show is now on some channel called TVGN (wtf?) and airs from 12 midnight until 2am EST.

So...who's watching?

**This thread allows spoilers, but ONLY as they pertain to something that has already aired. If it's something that hasn't happened on the show yet, PLEASE use spoiler tags**

Edited by ajzepp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for you to start this thread.

Personally I can not stand this show, but my sister loves it a lot, and I did read some of the opinions from last season's show from this board to her and she enjoyed them.

She really loved getting the big spoiler news you had from last season, involving the move that changed the entire game.

So while I will not be watching, I will be reading the posts you all have to say about this show.

I think this season is starting off much weaker than last, but too early to tell.

I don't know if your sister has seen the Big Brother Canada show that ran from February of this year and ended a month or so ago, but every episode in its entirety is available on youtube. That's how I watched it and it ended up being a really good season. It had a very controversial ending that had everyone up in arms. If she hasn't seen it already, I feel pretty confident she'd enjoy it.

Just out of curiosity, how come you dislike the show? Just not your cup of tea?

I think this season is starting off much weaker than last, but too early to tell.

I don't know if your sister has seen the Big Brother Canada show that ran from February of this year and ended a month or so ago, but every episode in its entirety is available on youtube. That's how I watched it and it ended up being a really good season. It had a very controversial ending that had everyone up in arms. If she hasn't seen it already, I feel pretty confident she'd enjoy it.

My sister has a friend who lives in Canada, and he followed last season's BB Canada show and he told my sister all about it. I don't think she saw it, but she knows what happened. That was the first time he saw Big Brother in any form for the first time and now he is really looking forward to BB15.

As for myself, I did watch some of Big Brother, but I don't remember which season, and while I did like some of the crazy challenges I find the melodrama of the show to be tedious and boorish. There is only so much of it that I could take.

My sister does keep me informed of what's going on in the show. She get's so into it that she has to tell me all the details. I find it funny how she loves it so. She and another friend of mine were so in love with Jeff the year he was in it the first time. They both loved how Jeff & Jordan were together, and it was fun seeing them on Amazing Race.

There are some "reality" shows that I do like: Amazing Race(my favorite), Hell's Kitchen, American Idol & Master Chef. I know that Hell's Kitchen does have melodrama, but I skip through all of that garbage.

Arryn is hot. Want to touch the heiny.

She was very pretty when she entered the house, but when she did her hair and makeup for the "fashion show", holy WOW is she beautiful.

Yeah, tough for me to get excited about the cast. I'm getting too old to watch 20-somethings act douchey to one another.

Yep, very disappointing that they didn't have more variation and diversity. There have been times when the older house guests have been the most interesting. I don't know why they casted it this way.

I never knew this show made it past season 1...

Yep, it's a summer ritual for many of us each year :)

My sister has a friend who lives in Canada, and he followed last season's BB Canada show and he told my sister all about it. I don't think she saw it, but she knows what happened. That was the first time he saw Big Brother in any form for the first time and now he is really looking forward to BB15.

As for myself, I did watch some of Big Brother, but I don't remember which season, and while I did like some of the crazy challenges I find the melodrama of the show to be tedious and boorish. There is only so much of it that I could take.

My sister does keep me informed of what's going on in the show. She get's so into it that she has to tell me all the details. I find it funny how she loves it so. She and another friend of mine were so in love with Jeff the year he was in it the first time. They both loved how Jeff & Jordan were together, and it was fun seeing them on Amazing Race.

There are some "reality" shows that I do like: Amazing Race(my favorite), Hell's Kitchen, American Idol & Master Chef. I know that Hell's Kitchen does have melodrama, but I skip through all of that garbage.

I hear ya. There is definitely a lot of the melodrama, especially in the early part of the season. I like the psychological aspects of the show, personally. The whole thing is one big social experiment, especially once it gets going, and it's pretty interesting the way the relationships can become intensified and complicated. Being stuck in a house with zero contact with the outside world, among others you may or may not gel with, as the power shifts up, down, and sideways among the house guests. People often times get stripped down to a pretty raw state of mind, and that's why I become fascinated.

Sounds like your sister wants badly to be able to share and enjoy this show with her brother! ;)

I watched the first episode last night. It wasn't as dry and boring as I expected, which is good. Thanks for setting my expectations low. ;)

There's going to be some sort of major twist this season dealing with where the houseguests are from. There's way too many people from similar areas. For example, Kaitlin and McCrae are both from Minnesota. That NEVER happens. There's a couple of people from Texas, a couple of people from NY, etc. I don't know what the twist will be, but it's too much of a coincidence for it not to have some sort of impact.

I watched the first episode last night. It wasn't as dry and boring as I expected, which is good. Thanks for setting my expectations low. ;)

There's going to be some sort of major twist this season dealing with where the houseguests are from. There's way too many people from similar areas. For example, Kaitlin and McCrae are both from Minnesota. That NEVER happens. There's a couple of people from Texas, a couple of people from NY, etc. I don't know what the twist will be, but it's too much of a coincidence for it not to have some sort of impact.

Good insight . . . There must be more of a casting twist than Rachel Reilly's sister . . .

I was excited for this season to start but was hugely annoyed that they have Rachel's sister on here. Rachel was THE most annoying person ever on this show to the point I couldn't watch it. :lol: Not sure what it is about her that annoys me...she just does.

Anyway, Nick :wub: , Surfer Dude :doh::wacko: but funny and loud lady from Staten Island :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :death: .

:D

Surfer Dude :doh::wacko:

That's funny. When they were showing the cast members in their home cities, my wife said, "Ooooh, he's cute." Then he opened his mouth and she literally said, "Nevermind." :lol:

That's funny. When they were showing the cast members in their home cities, my wife said, "Ooooh, he's cute." Then he opened his mouth and she literally said, "Nevermind." :lol:

Well put by your wife. He, like Gina Marie became annoying very quickly. My early favorite to win is the short dark haired guy Nick. Cutest girl has to be Jessie. Edited by Dante

Cutest girl has to be Jessie.

Was she the one who kept saying how she's the prettiest in the house, and other girls attack her because she's pretty and blah blah blah? If so, she was really freak'n annoying too and not all that attractive after she started talking.

Was she the one who kept saying how she's the prettiest in the house, and other girls attack her because she's pretty and blah blah blah? If so, she was really freak'n annoying too and not all that attractive after she started talking.

Agreed not much on personality but she sure does look nice. I think she was the one in the cut offs playing volleyball. She had me at those!

I was listening to Rob Cesternino's podcast about the BB premier, and he and his wife were going one by one through the houseguests and the impressions they made. When they got to this guy, they said that he was annoying because while "arrogant and smart can work well, arrogant and stupid just doesn't...at all" lol.

Okay, I'm already hooked on this season. The Pizza guy has taken over the house and this surfer dude is so stupid that I was laughing every time he was on screen. I really don't think he has any idea where he is or what he's doing, he just knows there is free food and hot chicks. I am now officially "pro-dude".

I told my sister about Big Brother Canada on youtube and she thanks you for that info. She's going to watch it.

Her friend in Canada was watching it because his wife's, co-worker's, best friend was in the Big Brother show. That contestant was Gary Glitter. I take it you know who I am talking about. Just thought I'd pass that on to you.

I told my sister about Big Brother Canada on youtube and she thanks you for that info. She's going to watch it.

Her friend in Canada was watching it because his wife's, co-worker's, best friend was in the Big Brother show. That contestant was Gary Glitter. I take it you know who I am talking about. Just thought I'd pass that on to you.

oh wow, yeah, Gary was the one who was involved in the controversy at the end! I was annoyed by him in the beginning, but by around the middle of the season he had grown on me.

(I don't watch the show but like to comment on it from articles I read)

'Big Brother' Faces Backlash Over Racist, Homophobic Comments

Just one week into the season, "Big Brother" is already facing a huge controversy over the cast members' alleged racist, homophobic, and sexist comments.

Nearly half of the house guests made such slurs, according to Reality Blurred, on the CBS show's 24-hour online live feed. None of the remarks have aired during a broadcast episode, and it's unclear if the network plans to do so.

Various "Big Brother" fan sites called on CBS to air the bad behavior. Since viewers can vote for a most valuable player on a weekly basis this season, it's important to know who's talking trash on the side and should be bounced out of the MVP stakes. Former "Big Brother" house guest Ragan Fox (Season 12) agrees.

I think they should air them.

original article - http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_15/2013_Jul_01_bb15-racism-homophobia-misogyny

I hadn't heard about these bigoted comments until today, but honestly it doesn't surprise me at all. There are some major dbags in the house right now.

As for tonight's show, so much for my boy the Hairship Enterprise...at least he gave me one more "lol" moment when Chenbot asked him why he thought the houseguests turned on him...after some audible rattling noises coming from his head, he looks at Julie and says, "well I dunno...I mean, I'm pretty smart..." :lol:

Catch ya later, duuuude....we hardly knew ye!

I hadn't heard about these bigoted comments until today, but honestly it doesn't surprise me at all. There are some major dbags in the house right now.

As for tonight's show, so much for my boy the Hairship Enterprise...at least he gave me one more "lol" moment when Chenbot asked him why he thought the houseguests turned on him...after some audible rattling noises coming from his head, he looks at Julie and says, "well I dunno...I mean, I'm pretty smart..." :lol:

Catch ya later, duuuude....we hardly knew ye!

Chenbot?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chenbot?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, I can't take credit for that one, just always thought it was hilarious when others called her that

Here's one of the biggest dbags in the house, btw.... http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBMedia&Number=19502869&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&rc=&fpart=1

lol, I can't take credit for that one, just always thought it was hilarious when others called her that

Here's one of the biggest dbags in the house, btw.... http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBMedia&Number=19502869&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&rc=&fpart=1

Save the wine for midnight!

Oh, the hot, racist chick wants wine? I'll open the wine.

Epic d-bag.

Save the wine for midnight!

Oh, the hot, racist chick wants wine? I'll open the wine.

Epic d-bag.

Totally. I'm sure his Cherokee ancestors must be very proud of the way he's honoring their tradition...

I had some fun with Rob C's podcast when he interviewed David, the first evicted houseguest...got a mention at the end of the interview when he asked David my question. Was pretty funny.

(I don't watch the show but like to comment on it from articles I read)

'Big Brother' Faces Backlash Over Racist, Homophobic Comments

I think they should air them.

original article - http://www.realitybl...phobia-misogyny

My sister told me that a couple of the house guests, unbeknownst to them, have been fired from their jobs due to the insensitive remarks they have made.

Yikes! What will happen when they find out about this?

Too bad for Nick, it should have been Jeremy, but he had to go at some point.

I hope "Racist Barbie" goes home next.

Her and Kaitlin are prime examples that beauty is only skin deep.

As beautiful as they are on the outside, they are ten times as ugly on the inside. Complete POS's

As beautiful as they are on the outside, they are ten times as ugly on the inside. Complete POS's

I really wanted to root for Kaitlin and McCray this year since they're both from MN... But yeah, not going to happen. :( McCray seems cool though.

My sister told me that a couple of the house guests, unbeknownst to them, have been fired from their jobs due to the insensitive remarks they have made.

Yikes! What will happen when they find out about this?

I was wondering about that, if they don't find out until leaving the house, that they have no job to go back to.

I was wondering about that, if they don't find out until leaving the house, that they have no job to go back to.

Could they legally sue CBS for this?

CBS did not have to air their comments. Of course there is the internet feed which people can see uncensored.

This will be a most interesting story.

Could they legally sue CBS for this?

CBS did not have to air their comments. Of course there is the internet feed which people can see uncensored.

This will be a most interesting story.

They were fired BEFORE CBS aired the comments on television. They aired it because of all of the negative buzz online -- there was question whether they'd air it at all.

Aaryn dug herself an even bigger hole last night -- Amanda went to tell her that she needed to tone it down because some people were getting offended, and she dismissed it, said that was ridiculous and that she's not going to change anything... And I think that shows that CBS hasn't told her that she has no job anymore...

They were fired BEFORE CBS aired the comments on television. They aired it because of all of the negative buzz online -- there was question whether they'd air it at all.

Aaryn dug herself an even bigger hole last night -- Amanda went to tell her that she needed to tone it down because some people were getting offended, and she dismissed it, said that was ridiculous and that she's not going to change anything... And I think that shows that CBS hasn't told her that she has no job anymore...

Which gets back to what will happen when they do find out that they have no job to go back to?

Also, I can not imagine any company out there that would want to hire these people to work for them for fear of backlash.

Society is very unforgiving about this stuff, unless you have money or power.

Bill Maher called a female politician the C word, and nobody raised hell over that.

No doubt...it makes me sick to my stomach when people start up with the racial crap...one of these days clueless barbie is going to say this stuff in front of the wrong people.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, so much for that...Elissa has succeeded in annoying the hell out of me now, as well. I've never seen a cast on BB in all these years where I either disliked or was annoyed by every single cast member.

I've also never seen a cast that was so intolerant of the fact that others may DARE to actually play the game. I don't get these people at all...

Hopefully the episodes for BB Australia will be up on youtube just like the BBCanada episodes were, and then that cast will actually play the game like it's supposed to be played...this is getting lame.

Well, so much for that...Elissa has succeeded in annoying the hell out of me now, as well. I've never seen a cast on BB in all these years where I either disliked or was annoyed by every single cast member.

You don't like Amanda? She's playing the game (albeit a bit forcefully at times).

Well, Spencer won veto and took himself off the block, so it will be Howard, Amanda, and Candice up for eviction this week. Helen/Elissa debating who should go first - I say Amanda, but looks like they are leaning to protecting Amanda and evicting Howard. Makes the game even more lopsided.

Edited by HurlyBurly51