Yesterday, Court Bad.... Today, Court Good

So DOMA is struck down??? So prop 8 is next???

So is this the same court that raped the right of minorities yesterday... Oh the drama!

One thing I've learned about liberals...you can completely count on them to NEVER think their reactions completely through.

I wanted to punch the first person who decried activist court yesterday, my guess is I will want to do it today..... lol

To those "low information Voters" who cannot read beyond a headline (not you "B") it is.

One thing I've learned about liberals...you can completely count on them to NEVER think their reactions completely through.

I wanted to punch the first person who decried activist court yesterday, my guess is I will want to do it today..... lol

Most jurists are activist in some way. The right just happened to get ahold of the term that stuck first. Scalia has his own activism, depending on the issue.

So DOMA is struck down??? So prop 8 is next???

So they killed DOMA and punted on prop 8, both decisions based broadly on states' rights?

I'm good with that. I'm !@#$ing great with that, actually. DOMA had no business existing as federal law, and Prop 8 is for California to figure out on their own.

So they killed DOMA and punted on prop 8, both decisions based broadly on states' rights?

I'm good with that. I'm !@#$ing great with that, actually. DOMA had no business existing as federal law, and Prop 8 is for California to figure out on their own.

Except...the guys who claim to be for states rights all dissented, Scalia even invoked states rights in his dissent.

"So convenient a thing to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for every thing one has a mind to do."

Except...the guys who claim to be for states rights all dissented, Scalia even invoked states rights in his dissent.\

Hadn't read the decisions yet, just the summaries. So I didn't know that.

That's !@#$ing retarded.

It already did. Twice. Unfortunately, no one expected the state to vote the way it did, so the losers puked a fit.

All that does is reinforce a well-known fact: you live in a stupid state.

The court got lambasted on Monday in coverage, different story Tuesday....

It appears to me the court is working just as it should....

The first time I've seen the word "lambasted" since this earlier in the day:

@ dog14787 : (28 June 2013 - 03:01 PM) I've been ridiculed and Lamb basted about as much as a dog can stand