The 30 Harshest musician on musician insults

Buftex

. Far from being dull. Watch him and jeff beck from ronnie scotts. Plus many others

Yeah, no doubt, EC is a fantastic guitar player, and that Ronnie Scotts performance is great... just that his albums are just kind of un-inspiring, unless he is just doing flat-out blues stuff...

Yeah, no doubt, EC is a fantastic guitar player, and that Ronnie Scotts performance is great... just that his albums are just kind of un-inspiring, unless he is just doing flat-out blues stuff...

agree!

. His latest two cd i dont care for. Others really like. 461 ocean blvd is great.

Like I said earlier, I think MTV kind of killed Clapton, artistically. It gave him a broader audience, and probably helped him to sell more records, but instead of doing what he wanted to do (love "Backless", "Slowhand", etc etc), he was kind of trying to appeal to more people, and the music just became dull to me...couple of cool tracks ("Rita Mae" I always liked) but the records seem to become more about production values than great songs.

Actually I did see that and was impressed. Clapton is hugely talented on the guitar. And Beck is endlessly inventive and weird in an entertaining way. I just feel like Clapton's body of recorded work is a terrible disappointment.

Does Jeff Beck still have the hot bass player? And Clapton's last album was a dud, IMO.

Pretty lame list. For the most part, less talented people slagging more talented people...go figure!

(Although I did get a good chuckle out of Elton John's put downs. And Grohl is absolutely spot on)

Edited by Lurker

Yeah man. There's nothing quite as funny as a parent dealing with the death of a small child. Good stuff.

BTW, don't let anyone accuse you of lacking a basic sense of human decency, I mean, making fun of a dead 4 year old isn't nearly as insensitive as "Redskins". Keep fighting the good fight.

I'll dial it back a little bit and admit it's in extremely, probably unacceptably poor taste... I've just also found it in extremely poor taste how much Clapton capitalized off of this situation with one of his biggest hits. Some people love Clapton, I find him to be a cultural imperalist parading himself around as steward of the blues. As a parent of a small child, I I wouldn't wish losing a child on anybody, though, and I take back what I said earlier. I'm going to delete it because it was stupid to say. I'll blame a lack of sleep and coffee and an occasional propensity to be an **** when I don't mean to.

Anyway, someone's holding a grudge, I see (given that I'm really leading the charge in the Redskins thread, having not posted there in months).

Anton Newcombe is kind of a classic rock and roll **** and says these kind of things a la a Johnny Rotten or Keith Richards. This was a dick thing to say to anybody and there are more creative ways to blast Clapton.

I'll dial it back a little bit and admit it's in extremely, probably unacceptably poor taste... I've just also found it in extremely poor taste how much Clapton capitalized off of this situation with one of his biggest hits. Some people love Clapton, I find him to be a cultural imperalist parading himself around as steward of the blues. As a parent of a small child, I I wouldn't wish losing a child on anybody, though, and I take back what I said earlier. I'm going to delete it because it was stupid to say. I'll blame a lack of sleep and coffee and an occasional propensity to be an **** when I don't mean to.

Anyway, someone's holding a grudge, I see (given that I'm really leading the charge in the Redskins thread, having not posted there in months).

Anton Newcombe is kind of a classic rock and roll **** and says these kind of things a la a Johnny Rotten or Keith Richards. This was a dick thing to say to anybody and there are more creative ways to blast Clapton.

As an example, check out that "Teardrop Awards" clip posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the clarification.