Demographic death spiral

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Rob if you are saying there are more factors to poverty than work ethic then I agree with you, even though that will reduce your social standing among your ilk.

I think you misunderestimate my ilk. We're well aware that some level of free enterprise & enforceable property rights are prerequisite to the situation BF was describing.

all cohorts are ilk but all ilk are not cohorts

I won't be smoothed over by ilk, silk, a bedspread, or a quilt...

They're a step below cronies and above ilk, all of which are on a plateau far beneath that of minions. Minions is where it's at.

that all sounds reasonable, but where then to 'thralls' fit into the pecking order?

I think you misunderestimate my ilk. We're well aware that some level of free enterprise & enforceable property rights are prerequisite to the situation BF was describing.

as long as you understand that when unemployment goes from 4% to 9% 15 million people didn't say !@#$ it I'd rather not work- and when average CEO pay goes from 40x the worker pay to 400x the workers pay they didn't just work 10xs harder

I won't be smoothed over by ilk, silk, a bedspread, or a quilt...

I think you need talc

interesting data and salient to the later discussion in this thread (seems no one really cares much about political demographics which will likely shape policy for decades). the ben franklin quote doesn't apply because given your assumptions, only the top 60% did better. do we really want to consider the top 40% not poor? that would be admitting systemic defeat, wouldn't it. but what proof do you have that inflation is underreported? the argument rests on that premise.

nope can't prove it - I could point you to shadow stats or the like, or show you what inflation would be at given pre 1980 or pre 1990 changes in how CPI was calculated, we could discuss the merits of substitution and how hamburger and soon a bowl of lentils is as good as a piece of steak but I can't prove it because inflation like beauty is in the eye of the beholder in charge.

Not you, you're more a sidekick.

is a remora a sidekick, hangs around sharks lives on tiny morsels of recognition errr meat debris

nope can't prove it - I could point you to shadow stats or the like, or show you what inflation would be at given pre 1980 or pre 1990 changes in how CPI was calculated, we could discuss the merits of substitution and how hamburger and soon a bowl of lentils is as good as a piece of steak but I can't prove it because inflation like beauty is in the eye of the beholder in charge.

is a remora a sidekick, hangs around sharks lives on tiny morsels of recognition errr meat debris

Now I'll agree that this response wasn't somebody else's work that you stole. Something so poorly put together wouldn't be actually published somewhere.