Xbox One - WOW!!

ajzepp

It starts already.

The next COD will have 2.5x the resolution on the PS4 as it will on the Xbone.

http://www.theverge....nly-run-at-720p

720p vs 1080P

Most people won't even notice the difference with their tv and their playing distance from the screen.

What about the PS4 NOT being able to play audio CD's. That's worse than anything that has MS has done.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the media side the PS4 is a crippled device. No audio CD's, no MP3 playback, no DLNA streaming...lol. The feautres on the Xbox one blow the PS4 away.

The Xbox one is going to be main next gen system for media hub and games. The PS4 is just going to be used to play exclusives and better running 3rd party titles.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

720p vs 1080P

Most people won't even notice the difference with their tv and their playing distance from the screen.

What about the PS4 NOT being able to play audio CD's. That's worse than anything that has MS has done.

Most people won't be able to tell the difference? That's laughable. 720p vs 1080p is 900k pixels vs 2.3 million. To get the same picture you would have to have a 40 inch TV for the Xbone and a 100 inch TV for a PS4.

If no one can tell the difference, why even try for better graphics? The fact is that the Xbone is a gimped system. It's just a simple as that.

So yeah, get an Xbone if you enjoy lots of jagged lines and terrible lighting.

Also, CD and MP3 support can be patched in. Microsoft can't make their shitbox's hardware any better. Not to mention you pay $100 more for incredibly inferior graphics.

Edited by Fingon

People still play audio CDs?

Most people won't be able to tell the difference? That's laughable. 720p vs 1080p is 900k pixels vs 2.3 million. To get the same picture you would have to have a 40 inch TV for the Xbone and a 100 inch TV for a PS4.

If no one can tell the difference, why even try for better graphics? The fact is that the Xbone is a gimped system. It's just a simple as that.

So yeah, get an Xbone if you enjoy lots of jagged lines and terrible lighting.

Also, CD and MP3 support can be patched in. Microsoft can't make their shitbox's hardware any better. Not to mention you pay $100 more for incredibly inferior graphics.

Here is some education on resolutions since you don't quite understand its real world significance. I also didn't state that no one could tell the difference.

As to the PS4 being able to play audio CD's with a patch that will likely NOT happen because its rumored it does not have an IR laser diode. You can't fix that with a patch. That would be a hardware issue. Perhaps the ability to stream media from a home network might come with a patch but it is a crippled media device compared to the xbox one. Perhaps you should become more educated on the PS4.

http://arstechnica.c...esolution-wars/

The xbox one is the most advanced media server in the world with full cable/satellite integration, media streaming, dvd, cd, bluray (2k support), ESPN, hbo-go, netflix. Snap multi-tasking with complete voice and gesture commands and instant switching between apps, games and media.

Resolution is only a small and diminishing piece to the overall graphical argument. Forza 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome are some of the most impressive games graphically to start off next gen and they are xbox one exclusives.

Well it seems the PS4 has problems running Call of Duty: Ghosts in native 1080p because framerate suffers compared to the Xbox One version. That's where I assume the tradeoff is coming from.

Both IGN and Polygon updated their reviews of the game to note Ghosts consistently held at 60 frames per second, where the PS4 suffered noticeable framerate drops in multiplayer, as had been earlier mentioned by these publications and others.

"The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable," wrote Polygon. "As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout."1

IGN's reviewer said he dealt with "occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout."

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-call-of-duty-offers-better-framerate-than-ps4-1463163114

Picking up my ps4 Thursday at midnight. Can't wait...

The big PS4 launch exclusives are flopping. The Playstation eye isn't as advanced as the kinect.

Knack currently has a Metacritic score of 60

Killzone: Shadowfall has a Metacritic score of 70 (IGN gave it 8, gamespot a 7, polygon a 5).

I will be playing Killzone on friday but to be honest I'm looking alot more to playing around on the XBox One. The xbox one UI and kinect functionality looks sick. I wouldn't be suprised if exclusives are rated better too. More technology in the launch exclusives like using the cloud in forza for "Drivetar" AI. The kinect detects sounds in your living room which alerts zombies in Dead Rising 3. The Xbox One technoloy worked in at launch is better and more advanced in both gaming and multi-media functionality.

The big PS4 launch exclusives are flopping. The Playstation eye isn't as advanced as the kinect.

I don't know a single gamer that wants the "eye," and the PS4 doesn't force you to buy it. Launch day exclusives mean very little over a console's lifespan of 5+ years, and the PS4 is going to destroy the XBone over the long term with the sheer amount of exclusives it will have.

And as for that slick UI that they show at large conferences? Umm, you know that hooks to your cable box with an IR blaster, right?

I don't know a single gamer that wants the "eye," and the PS4 doesn't force you to buy it. Launch day exclusives mean very little over a console's lifespan of 5+ years, and the PS4 is going to destroy the XBone over the long term with the sheer amount of exclusives it will have.

And as for that slick UI that they show at large conferences? Umm, you know that hooks to your cable box with an IR blaster, right?

Who cares how it's connected, as long everything's integrated I'm happy.

As for the kinect, the simple fact that every Xbox one comes with one will open up tons of new avenues for developers to add features in their games. The stuff that some of these companies will come up with to use the kinect for will revolutionize gaming. Just give it a year or two to see what the kinect enables the Xbox to do. It's an amazing piece of technology and I can't understand why you wouldn't want it.

Piggybacking this thread for some Christmas shopping assistance...

My 9-year-old son had a Wii for a while before it just stopped reading discs over a year ago. We initially talked about replacing it, but in the end, he just didn't care.

His best friend next door has an Xbox 360 they play and he has been saving money to get his own. The price on the Xbox One is ridiculous for a kid who likely won't play it that much, and since the games aren't backwards compatible (he'd share with his neighbor), he's opting to just get an Xbox 360 while they're cheap ($179 for base model with 4GB).

We are not gamers here, so my question is this: for a kid who will play mostly with his friend on weekends, is it worth getting anything beyond the 4gb version? Or is it worth the extra $70 to get the 250GB (with a couple of games like Halo 4, etc.)?