Top 40 WRs NFL.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link to the 27 ahead of him?

I like the guy but id agree he's lower tier number 1, or elite number 2. I would guess I'd put him a few slots higher but not significantly

Edited by NoSaint

That's a pretty bad list. Especially the group right in front of Stevie. Cecil Shorts, Eric Decker, Pierre Garçon, Antonio Brown, and Jeremy Maclin are better than Stevie? That's a joke.

Edited by biglukes

That ranking didn't seem that far off to me. I think that Stevie is really good but has been held back by inconsistent QB play and stiffs playing opposite him. It is difficult to be the only target in the passing game. Hopefully this changes this year and he moves up.

I would LOOVE Garcon as a #2 here, for one. But this list is a dumpster fire.

None of these guys biglukes listed could hold his own with Revis. Decker is a nice receiver but who doesn't look a little better with Peyton Manning throwing them the ball?

I wouldn't take any of Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin or Hakeem Nicks ahead of Stevie. Personally, I'd put Stevie below Wallace and in the neighborhood of Bowe and Cruz. Drop Nicks, Harvin and Nelson down, and call SJ somewhere between #16-18, which is where he belongs. I'll add that Steve Smith is really getting up there, Dez Bryant is always a step away from his next suspension, and Greg Jennings can't avoid injury. Colston is another good comparable for Stevie, and give Stevie the edge with youth. Can you imagine SJ on the Saints? Add about 4-500 yards per season and 4 TDs to his numbers.

That's a pretty bad list. Especially the group right in front of Stevie. Cecil Shorts, Eric Decker, Pierre Garçon, Antonio Brown, and Jeremy Maclin are better than Stevie? That's a joke.

What about Wes Welker at 29...that kind of makes that list a joke

People here still confuse production with talent.

Production depends on the team, QB and the WR's spot on the depth chart.

while SJ had poor QBing he was also the number 1 targeted receiver for the last 3 years so his production is probably equal to what hed get if he were on another team like say the patriots, broncos, falcons etc and sharing balls with another number 1.

No matter what his production is however, no Qb or team will make him run faster or get stronger. How often does he burn someone deep or out muscle someone for a jump ball? Or for that matter, catch a game winner?

weve been arguing for 3 years whether hes even a #1 or # 2. He rides the bubble between both. Even every article that ever rates him puts him between 30-15 best WRs in the league. I say we should all agree hes the 20th best WR in the league...and a number 1....barely.

People here still confuse production with talent.

Production depends on the team, QB and the WR's spot on the depth chart.

while SJ had poor QBing he was also the number 1 targeted receiver for the last 3 years so his production is probably equal to what hed get if he were on another team like say the patriots, broncos, falcons etc and sharing balls with another number 1.

No matter what his production is however, no Qb or team will make him run faster or get stronger. How often does he burn someone deep or out muscle someone for a jump ball? Or for that matter, catch a game winner?

weve been arguing for 3 years whether hes even a #1 or # 2. He rides the bubble between both. Even every article that ever rates him puts him between 30-15 best WRs in the league. I say we should all agree hes the 20th best WR in the league...and a number 1....barely.

well, if he's between the 15th and 30th best in the league that should make him a number one. Considering there are 32 #1s in the league.

But lets out it another way, since you stated his statistical production for jump balls and break away speed. How many WRs have the games against Revis that Stevie does? How many people have been able to consistently get open the way Stevie does against the other number 1 CBs in the league?

The fact is, just because someone doesn't have breakaway speed or supreme jumping ability, doesn't mean they aren't a number 1.

What are your opinions of Andre Reed? Do you think he was a number 1? Do you think he deserves to be in the HOF?

Being younger during his playing days it's hard for me to say, but in going to lump Stevie and his skill up there with Chris Carter. They seem very similar to me.

Anyone can flame all they want, but at the end of the day, when his career is over, Stevie will go down as the most decorated Bills WR in history. Time will tell and in about 7 years ill be drinking a cold one to his career.

As much as people try to poo-poo Stevie putting up 1,000 yards 3 years in a row, (because its "so easy" to put up 1,000 as a WR, or so i have been told) he's one of 7 WRs to do that in the last 3 years. Here's the other 6:

Megatron, Fitzgerald, A. Johnson, Colston, Marshall, R. White

I don't think there's any argument that those guys are clear cut #1 WRs, yet we've got people still claiming Stevie's nothing more than a number 2. No matter how you cut it, he's in some elite company.

As much as people try to poo-poo Stevie putting up 1,000 yards 3 years in a row, (because its "so easy" to put up 1,000 as a WR, or so i have been told) he's one of 7 WRs to do that in the last 3 years. Here's the other 6:

I don't think there's any argument that those guys are clear cut #1 WRs, yet we've got people still claiming Stevie's nothing more than a number 2. No matter how you cut it, he's in some elite company.

yup

But but but..... unproveable statements about his lack of breakaway speed and jumping ability and what not.

Only TBD posters try to put down their guy. Every other team message board would be trying to justify him as a top 10 WR. People on here want to knock their own guys (ie Mario is overpaid, Stevie is a number 2, Kyle Willams & Fred Jackson are done, etc...). So frustrating!! Appreciate the good players that you have!!

Only TBD posters try to put down their guy. Every other team message board would be trying to justify him as a top 10 WR. People on here want to knock their own guys (ie Mario is overpaid, Stevie is a number 2, Kyle Willams & Fred Jackson are done, etc...). So frustrating!! Appreciate the good players that you have!!

i agree with all of this. Except the K. Williams and Fred Jackson part. I will not deny they are good, used to be really good. But they are diminishing and suffering from some injuries in their older age.

Andre Johnson Steve Smith really they are 45 years old.

Jerry Rice was great until the end. These guys are both great receivers and Andre is actually only 32. Judge them on the merits. I do think Smith is getting up there in age but he is elite until proven otherwise.