Goodnight Night Stalker

Chef Jim

"Natural causes." Right. They just don't want to admit he was beheaded by The Kurgan.

Good !@#$ing riddance. Now if Charles Ng would just kick off..

Natural causes on death row should be on a gurney with a needle in your arm the day after the guilty verdict.

Natural causes on death row should be on a gurney with a needle in your arm the day after the guilty verdict.

It's too expensive. I'm sure some people out there would sacrifice a bullet to the cause.

What kills me about this thread is that many here are wishing death and suffering for murderers. The amount of murderers in the prison systems is absolutely unreal yet people always go back to the famous murderers and claim instantaneous death because of what they did. Yet, much of the population think that correctional officers beat and abuse inmates all day. Couldn't be farther from the truth, and the amount of men in prison that have killed someone is very high.

Just my view of this topic from an officers POV. A little off from the OP but still in the same room.

Fwiw, I strongly believe in the death penalty and don't disagree that certain people should be out to death, I just feel there's many more that the general public has no clue about. If they did, honestly, I think the days of feeling bad for these inmates would be over. Some of the stories I've got could make you ill.

No, I'm okay with having an appeals process.

Just not California's, where the method of execution seems to be "die of old age waiting for the appeals process." Why does California even have a death penalty statute, anyway? When's the last time they ever got around to executing anyone on death row?

No, I'm okay with having an appeals process.

Just not California's, where the method of execution seems to be "die of old age waiting for the appeals process." Why does California even have a death penalty statute, anyway? When's the last time they ever got around to executing anyone on death row?

Maybe the only thing I like about Texas. When they say "shall be put to death" they mean just that.

Maybe the only thing I like about Texas. When they say "shall be put to death" they mean just that.

I looked it up: since CA restored the death penalty in the '70s, they've executed 14 people. Roughly five times as many have died waiting to be executed (natural causes, or suicide). There's about 750 more on death row right now.

And they have a court-ordered moratorium on executions since 2006, when they determined that CA's execution process was "cruel and unusual" in part because they administered injections in the old gas chamber. :wacko: They just extended the moratorium because in building the new lethal injection room and creating new regulations, the Department of Corrections didn't seek enough input on the new drug cocktail from all "interested parties" - apparently, they didn't consult the inmates on death row.

California is a REALLY screwed up state.

I looked it up: since CA restored the death penalty in the '70s, they've executed 14 people. Roughly five times as many have died waiting to be executed (natural causes, or suicide). There's about 750 more on death row right now.

And they have a court-ordered moratorium on executions since 2006, when they determined that CA's execution process was "cruel and unusual" in part because they administered injections in the old gas chamber. :wacko: They just extended the moratorium because in building the new lethal injection room and creating new regulations, the Department of Corrections didn't seek enough input on the new drug cocktail from all "interested parties" - apparently, they didn't consult the inmates on death row.

Just make them endlessly read "last post wins" and provide accesses to a 3rd story window. That would clear up the backlog.

in New York there are Grievance Comities for Inmates. They vote on everything regarding the inmates. From what food to serve in chow, amounts of packages they are allowed to receive, what TV channels they want available to them. They get to watch ESPN and Showtime, HBO in some prisons. They get extended hours of TV privileges during fight nights on Showtime (only in prisons where they aren't allowed TVs in their cells, which they voted on).

After the Attica Riots and the death of George Jackson in San Quentin, the inmates recieved many more privileges. More rights in the system. Despite taking over a jail, murdering officers, and causing the most horrific prison riot in the history of the United States.

Just make them endlessly read "last post wins" and provide accesses to a 3rd story window. That would clear up the backlog.

The Supreme Court has ruled "last post wins" is cruel and unusual punishment, sorry.