Nice Write Up About Gilmore

I'm sure they're fine with it, they got the defensive rookie of the year.

No doubt. Both teams got good players. I really wanted Kuechly because our need at MLB was the most glaring on the team AND he was a legit top 10 player in the draft. I'm happy with Gilmore though and I think he'll be as good as Kuechly is at MLB eventually.

GO BILLS!!!

Enjoyable read, and what an incredibly detailed breakdown of Gilmore's rookie performance. It confirmed what I thought/hoped I was seeing out of Stephon in his rookie year. By that, I mean you can't possibly know how a DB moves until the camera finally follows the ball to the receiver he's covering.

I don't think I am going very far out on a limb in saying that, based on this article alone, the author (@Cianaf in twitter-land) seems to know an awful lot more about scouting football than Todd McShay even pretends to know for ESPN.

Thanks for posting this. Clearly, a great pick in the draft. Lets hope the Bills lock him up for time to come when they have to and don't end up in a Byrd scenario.

I don't think the Bills did anything wrong with the Byrd or Levitre scenario. In their last year of contract, both players clearly stated that they wanted to test Free Agency. One got his wish and the other was tagged.

We all know how imperative good Safeties are for Pettine's defense - and, I think we've got that position covered, and then some, so long as Byrd is playing for us. However, giving Pettine a shut-down CB like Gilmore, if he plays top 5, even, would pretty much allow Pettine to do all the things he did as a Jet - except, I think we have a better front 7. That would allow him to field a top 5 defense consistently. Imagine how much winning we could do with a top defense! I see wild-card very much in Buffalo's reach THIS YEAR.

There are two PI plays that rankle me. Third and 10+ do not draw a flag on an underneath route and on a throw deep down the field do not make contact with the receiver without looking back for the ball. Both of these are clueless signs of overmatched CB play. Most of the rest come with good, aggressive CB play that contests the route, the ball and the man attempting the catch.

I am of the opinion that the pass will be completed unless the CB successfully defeats some part of the process so I was very pleased with his rookie season. He competed very well.

As to the article, I respect any analyst that will go beyond the consensus beliefs and actually do some in-depth analysis. it's all the better when the end up agreeing with me. :thumbsup:

Edited by JESSEFEFFER