Bills have $19M in cap space

Realists are getting hit hard on this thread. I love Byrd. I want to sign him. But we already drafted two S in anticipation of him leaving. He's smart. His agent smells money on the open market. Unless EJ shines in camp and Mario shuts his expensive mouth, I don't see him staying just because he likes the wings here.

Well that's on him then. We've offered the franchise tag and I don't think I'm cool with that. So if it's not good enough for him so be it. I think Mario is about to do more than we expected last year and will do it for a few years after that and will (god this makes me sick) earn his money. And note to Jarius, the wings really are worth staying here for. Duffs and any local pizza joint should confirm that. If he is willing to give that up then so be it. We will get a chicken wing eater in here to replace him. I like Byrd like everyone else and maybe more. But if you tell me he's cashing in 9 million + I'm throwing up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howard@hsimon6230 May

as per yahoo sports, #Bills gain $7.25 million in cap space thanks to post June 1 designation on Fitz release. will have $19 mill in space

Do you see us using any of that cap on someone, be it a free agent or extending a current player?

PTR

Sounds like opening up money for Jairus Byrd to me....maybe releasing that QB that I can't remember, which it doesn't matter what his name is, because he never threw a pass in the regular season for us anyways...but anyhow...maybe the savings between him and Fitz will be enough to resign Byrd?