Bills sign WR DeMarco Sampson

As others have pointed out this draft broke the mold of Buddy's past drafts. To me that symbolizes that Whaley had a greater influence on this particular draft.

It is the end of May this signing does not realy signify anything really substantial...

I think you and the others are wrong. I think Buddy was joined-at-the-hip with his Head Coach and just drafted players that the HC wanted and that would fit into his system. Clearly that's why he took Spiller.

This one makes my head hurt a little. they have a lot of receivers, and many of them are their pickups...meaning they are at least somewhat invested in these guys. So, this pickup has another source.....maybe looking for receivers that can do practice squad....or maybe they have already written off Kaufmann because of lack of speed. And Smith and Easley. Easley was a 4 pick, but missing all that time...and likely no longer practice squad elgible.....anyhow this new signee would ,at least , be practice squad elgible. Could also be that the Bills have some insight that we don't know, Maybe Whaley likes this guy, or scouted him, or something.

Is DeMarco eligible for the Practice Squad if he played (dressed) for 12 games for Arizona in 2011.

Same issue for Kevin Elliott who played 13 games for the Jags in 2012.

Also not sure on Marcus Easley eligibility for PS. Been around for 3 seasons, but long term injuries and has played only 3 games.

Is there not a 9 game restriction? (Meaning DeMarco & Kevin will be not qualify for PS).

This one makes my head hurt a little. they have a lot of receivers, and many of them are their pickups...meaning they are at least somewhat invested in these guys. So, this pickup has another source.....maybe looking for receivers that can do practice squad....or maybe they have already written off Kaufmann because of lack of speed. And Smith and Easley. Easley was a 4 pick, but missing all that time...and likely no longer practice squad elgible.....anyhow this new signee would ,at least , be practice squad elgible. Could also be that the Bills have some insight that we don't know, Maybe Whaley likes this guy, or scouted him, or something.

Sometimes guys are signed for special teams.