Top Chef is starting filming in New Orleans

NoSaint

Really like the show but have always had a problem with how they select the chefs to compete. I've heard the the number bandied about that only 15% of chefs employed are women. If this is true how come half the contestants on the show are women? Seems like the competition could be even better if they got more dudes on there. I mean there is a bigger talent pool with the guys.

Really like the show but have always had a problem with how they select the chefs to compete. I've heard the the number bandied about that only 15% of chefs employed are women. If this is true how come half the contestants on the show are women? Seems like the competition could be even better if they got more dudes on there. I mean there is a bigger talent pool with the guys.

id be curious to see more of the selection process and what goes into it. im surprised they dont do a selection show where they show all kinds of applications and such before they start the season and then on the first real episode unveil who made the cut.

id be curious to see more of the selection process and what goes into it. im surprised they dont do a selection show where they show all kinds of applications and such before they start the season and then on the first real episode unveil who made the cut.

Well they obviously force the 50% thing but why? Why not just get the best you can whether it be woman a man or something in between.

Well they obviously force the 50% thing but why? Why not just get the best you can whether it be woman a man or something in between.

because its a TV show driven by ratings, and not a true test of getting the 100% best chef in the country. im sure personality also plays as big a role as knife skills.