The Josh Brent saga continues

Many of you undoubtedly remember this topic:

http://forums.twobil...ge__hl__cowboys

Brent was arrested and indicted after a December 2012 car crash killed his teammate, 25-year-old Jerry Brown Jr. Brown was a passenger in the car that Brent was driving. Police said that Brent was speeding when his car hit a curb, flipped and came to rest upside-down. Police alleged that, at the time of the crash, Brent had a blood-alcohol level that was more than twice the legal limit.

The latest is that Brent has been misbehaving and is being affixed with a different type of alcohol monitor:

http://dfw.cbslocal....oys-josh-brent/

Lawyers in the office said that Brent’s ankle monitor showed signs of alcohol use at least four times. The monitor tests the wearer for alcohol every 30 minutes of every day. In court on Friday, prosecutors pointed to a number of occasions where Brent’s monitor detected low levels of alcohol.

However, defense attorneys on Friday morning were adamant that Brent had not been drinking, and said that common household items can register as alcohol to the ankle monitoring device, including yeast and hand sanitizer.

In addition to possible alcohol violations, the district attorney’s documents claimed that Brent had failed to show up for multiple bond supervision appointments, and also pointed to 22 occasions — on 22 different days — where Brent’s ankle monitor data did not properly download to the system. An employee for the company who runs that system explained that Brent needed to be at home for that download to work correctly.

Lawyers said that this is not the first time the Cowboys defensive tackle has been cautioned. According to the documents, a judge warned Brent in March about violating the terms of his bond.

While on the subject of drinking and driving, it's Memorial Day weekend and I hope all of you act safely and responsibly this holiday weekend.

Also please remember to take a few moments to appreciate why we Americans observe Memorial Day.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

This story bothered me for so many reasons when it happened last year. The fact he was on the sidelines seriously made my blood boil. How you could be at your job, when your were responsible for a co workers deth, laughing and joking around. It drove me nuts that the cowboys allowed him to o that and he felt it was ok.

No excuse for what he did, none.

This story bothered me for so many reasons when it happened last year. The fact he was on the sidelines seriously made my blood boil. How you could be at your job, when your were responsible for a co workers deth, laughing and joking around. It drove me nuts that the cowboys allowed him to o that and he felt it was ok.

No excuse for what he did, none.

The laughing on the sidelines incident really bothered me, and for a couple of strange reasons.

I remember thinking "someone on the Cowboys should have gathered the players before that game and said 'It shouldn't be necessary to even say this but you guys can't be laughing and joking around on the sidelines with Josh. To do so is definitely inappropriate behavior.' "

Then I remember thinking, "there's no reason anyone should even have so say something like that."

In other words, it's sad that someone would even have to say "now make sure you guys don't act like a bunch of idiots." Sad but apparently necessary if you've made the decision to put him in that situation.

It shows you how having money and being a famous helps.

Brent has neither money or fame. He was a 7th rounder in the supplemental draft.

However it remains to be seen how helpful being a member of the Dallas Cowboys is as far as him avoiding prison time.

Alcoholism is no lauging matter and his behavior lead to the death of a teammate. The team should provide support to get him counseling and rehab but it is up Mr Brent. It seems that he wants to continue to drink. I am not suprised. Alcoholism has ruined the lives of some of my family and friends. The entire Dallas organization does not need to coddle him anymore.

Alcoholism is no lauging matter and his behavior lead to the death of a teammate. The team should provide support to get him counseling and rehab but it is up Mr Brent. It seems that he wants to continue to drink. I am not suprised. Alcoholism has ruined the lives of some of my family and friends. The entire Dallas organization does not need to coddle him anymore.

Absolutely he doesn't need any more enablers.

Even the mother of the teammate whose death he's responsible for pleaded for compassion and understanding towards Brent.

That's way more generous than I would be to a person responsible for my son's death.

But yes, this kid needs the cold, hard slap of reality. The sooner the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboys DT Brent tests positive for marijuana

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-dt-brent-tests-positive-205144399--nfl.html

"

DALLAS (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent tested positive for marijuana while he awaits trial in a car crash that killed a teammate, prosecutors said Thursday in asking a judge to revoke the player's $100,000 bond and issue a warrant for his arrest.

Police have accused Brent of driving with a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit during the Dec. 8 car crash that killed Jerry Brown, a Cowboys practice squad player.

Prosecutors said in their motion that Brent failed a urine test taken after a May 24 court hearing in which they had sought for his bond to be revoked due to problems with his alcohol monitoring. While the judge declined to do so, he did order Brent to provide a urine sample........"

• 3 weeks later...

Roger Goodells real bad no good totally rotten week continues.

DeMaurice Smith is certainly on the phone calling Roger telling him how responsible the players are and that they don't need the league to discipline them.