Alex Carrington - Secret superstar

In reading this thread, I agree carrington will be even better this year, and he will need to be. With our up tempo offense the defense can get gased fast if we do go 3 and out. We need two solid lines as the first string guys will not be able to be effective remaining on the field.

On a separate note with all of the disguising and mis direction from Pettine will get a lot out of the line. Think about how Mario had 10.5 sacks most from post wrist surgery and the most predictable line up. Put him in healthy and in this type of defense and you could see him double those sacks this year.

In reading this thread, I agree carrington will be even better this year, and he will need to be. With our up tempo offense the defense can get gased fast if we do go 3 and out. We need two solid lines as the first string guys will not be able to be effective remaining on the field.

On a separate note with all of the disguising and mis direction from Pettine will get a lot out of the line. Think about how Mario had 10.5 sacks most from post wrist surgery and the most predictable line up. Put him in healthy and in this type of defense and you could see him double those sacks this year.

I won't go so far as to say Mario will get "double" the sacks, but freeing him up is a focus of this defense. During Pettine's recent interview with Murph, he specifically talked about not allowing teams to automatically know where Mario is coming from. It was another damning indictment of the ridiculous "coaching" job done by Wannstedt last year.

I won't go so far as to say Mario will get "double" the sacks, but freeing him up is a focus of this defense. During Pettine's recent interview with Murph, he specifically talked about not allowing teams to automatically know where Mario is coming from. It was another damning indictment of the ridiculous "coaching" job done by Wannstedt last year.

Pettine actually had a package last year where he'd line up his best edge rusher Calvin Pace at middle linebacker. He also likes to bring 7 or 8 right up to the line of scrimmage. He'll do whatever it takes to confuse the offense in terms of who's coming and who isn't. This is gonna be like night and day from Wanny's "only linemen with their hand on the ground can rush" system. Welcome to the new millennium, Buffalo Bills defense, so glad you could join us.

https://www.profootb...lex-carrington/

Nice to see Alex Carrington getting his props and not only for his special team plays. The article notes that after a shaky start as a pro in the hybrid defense he found his place playing defensive tackle and being productive against OGs.

It will be interesting to see how he performs under his 3rd DC in as many years as pro.

I've actually been a huge fan of Carrington's, and thought he looked great in the limited playing time he saw last year...He really got screwed early in his career when he was forced to play LB, as ridiculous as that was.

Pettine actually had a package last year where he'd line up his best edge rusher Calvin Pace at middle linebacker. He also likes to bring 7 or 8 right up to the line of scrimmage. He'll do whatever it takes to confuse the offense in terms of who's coming and who isn't. This is gonna be like night and day from Wanny's "only linemen with their hand on the ground can rush" system. Welcome to the new millennium, Buffalo Bills defense, so glad you could join us.

For as dramatic a departure this is from last year, is it really so revolutionary? When we play (played) pick up games with friends, aren't we all over the place, with the best player coming from somewhere else every play?? Funny how the more things evolve..

For as dramatic a departure this is from last year, is it really so revolutionary? When we play (played) pick up games with friends, aren't we all over the place, with the best player coming from somewhere else every play?? Funny how the more things evolve..

Too bad you weren't DC last year. Sounds simple, doesn't it?

Edited by J-Gun Boone

Buffalo has the ingredients for a solid if not stellar D-line; Williams, Darius, Carrington, Branch, 100 mil $ Williams, and possibly Troup. It's the O-line that has me concerned. Regarding Carrington, is that 2010 Buddy Nix draft looking pretty good or what?

BTW, where in Tennessee do you live? I'm 30 minutes south of Knoxville.

I am in Jonesborough up about an hour and ahalf from Knoxville. Love it here in the mountains.

It would be awesome for all of our underachievers to suddenly become superstars for no reason. Lets keep hoping

There is a quantifiable reason .

It's coaching . from Marrone to Hilliard.

Intelligent coaching takes the player a rather long way. Especially with young-ish players , which Bills are chock full of as it turns out ,

Then when the players are all in , not just repeating the mantras , but fully engaged then it steps up to another level .

We have quite a few players that can be coached to be damned good players in my strong opinion and one heck of an opportunity to become a serious team for a change.

Theres a reason BB . Just nothing proven yet . Darn tootin i will keep hoping !

Go Bills