4 Wide

The defense should be exciting as well! If they can get Mario off the field on passing downs and get Justin Rogers out there the speed will be ridiculous.

Mario OFF the field on passing downs? Am I missing something??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya our D would b like WTF are the coaches thinking, while the other teams scores!

Unless you mean O, but i still think you hurt your team by taking 2 of the top3 D players on the team!

I say bad idea man!

SJBF was having some clever fun.

Knowing is half the battle snoops.

I'm not 100% convinced that EJ can hit (not throw) the long ball better than Fitz. When I see it, I'll believe. I'm pullin' for the kid. I know Kolb can though, but can he stay on the field?

Should be fun.

I saw somewhere EJs college deep bal completion percentage was better than Luck, who I would argue has a much better deep ball than fitz, for what that's worth.

I would love to see all of this, but I think removing Stevie from the field for anything is absolutely ridiculous. In any way shape or form. I would never in a million years remove Stevie from the field for anyone else on this team. He has the ability to get open every single play, short yardage especially. So if your talking about Woods, Rogers, and CJ running short, then I'd rather have SJ in there than one of the unproven rookies.

Why not? Nobody on this team should assume anything or take it for granted. If the coach feels that the other 3 WRs give a better chance for completion than Stevie being there, then the coach will put those 3 guys on the field and it is not a big deal. The NFL is all about match ups.

Why not? Nobody on this team should assume anything or take it for granted. If the coach feels that the other 3 WRs give a better chance for completion than Stevie being there, then the coach will put those 3 guys on the field and it is not a big deal. The NFL is all about match ups.

completely agree with this statement. coach's job is to come up with plays, or schemes, that take advantage of mismatches. hopefully our team speed at the offensive skill positions will give the other team some match up nightmares.

completely agree with this statement. coach's job is to come up with plays, or schemes, that take advantage of mismatches. hopefully our team speed at the offensive skill positions will give the other team some match up nightmares.

There'll be plenty of speed on the field where we won't have to remove our best wide receiver for marginally more speed.

The "law of diminishing returns?"

There'll be plenty of speed on the field where we won't have to remove our best wide receiver for marginally more speed.

You are a wise man. It is the same thing as suggesting the Pats send Gronk (if healthy) to the bench to get Donald Jones on the field because he is faster (maybe). Why would the Bills ever take your only consistent and best WR off the field in any situation (unless he is hurt or needs a breather)?

I am as excited as anyone about the speed on this team but it is there to compliment. Those speedsters job is to get the safeties away from the line off scrimmage to open things up or CJ and SJ. The Bills didn't scare anyone over the top last year and CJ and SJ were still productive.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

What is wrong with some of you people? I never suggested SJ13 should lose his starting spot. I merely mentioned all the speed that would be on the field when SJ is either injured or resting. Good grief.

i didn't mean to suggest we take stevie off the field to unleash all of the speedsters we seem to have aquired, i am suggesting we stretch the field and supplement stevie's skills by putting these guys around him and mixing up multiple personnel packages that are designed to keep defenses guessing and keep our guys fresh.

This isn't a black and white discussion.

What we're all striving for is the right balance of playing time.

The Bills would benefit from having Stevie on the field for about 90% of the offensive snaps…. and all of the important ones.

Give him just enough snaps off that he can go full speed on the ones in which he plays.

That's what I'm saying.

This isn't a black and white discussion.

What we're all striving for is the right balance of playing time.

The Bills would benefit from having Stevie on the field for about 90% of the offensive snaps…. and all of the important ones.

Give him just enough snaps off that he can go full speed on the ones in which he plays.

That's what I'm saying.

i don't know what the right percentage would be other than the percentage that allows him to go all out to the best of his ability on every play he is in. so i absolutely agree there. and lost in all of this is what kind of a decoy stevie could be. as of right now, he is the only proven reciever on this roster that teams must respect. if he draws attention away from the others, good things could happen. it all remains to be seen, but it is rather exciting!

If I were SJ I would be looking over my shoulder (no pun intended). Granted he did have over 1K last season but was unimpressive in key areas- example coming back on underthrown passes, positioning for the ball when in close with the defender as well as weak defending against an interception.

The new staff are not beholden to him. Woods and Day Rick Rogers both have no. 1 potential.

C'mon, a pass that bounces 5 feet in front of you is pretty tough to come back on. Stevie was pretty defeated toward the end of the year I think. Watching balls fly 10 feet over your head will do that. The guy is a consistent performer and a real talent. We don't even know what we have in Woods let alone a UDFA like Rogers. Don't get me wrong I'm hoping for the best, but to insinuate that Stevie could lose his job anytime soon is crazy.