Quality Tight Ends....this past weekend proved

2 things I noticed from this past weekend....

- A quality Tight End is a big asset to any team....anybody see the Tight Ends on the playoff teams making big plays? It seemed every team had a good one....whether they won their game or didn't.

- Anybody also notice that the QB's on all the teams had at least a LITTLE escapability? In most cases they had a LOT of escapability

- A quality Tight End is a big asset to any team....anybody see the Tight Ends on the playoff teams making big plays?  It seemed every team had a good one....whether they won their game or didn't.

200725[/snapback]

Actually it made me recognize that the good teams have at least 2 good ones. I like Campbell a lot, but we fall off a precipice after that and obviously have no depth.

The main thing that I noticed from this weekend was that the Colts are an elite team -- while the rest of the teams that played on Saturday or Sunday are not. In fact, we stack up well against any of the other 7 teams that competed.

Think about this for a minute... If the Rams beat the Falcons this week, they will be in the NFC Chamionship Game. The same Rams that we pounded just a few weeks ago...

- A quality Tight End is a big asset to any team....anybody see the Tight Ends on the playoff teams making big plays?  It seemed every team had a good one....whether they won their game or didn't.

- Anybody also notice that the QB's on all the teams had at least a LITTLE escapability?  In most cases they had a LOT of escapability

200725[/snapback]

Excellent observations, John. I noticed these things too.

I'm not sure Euhus wasn't on his way to being good. For a rookie his play picked up alot as the season went on. Of course, I can't say any TE should feel comfortable with Drew being so damn inaccurate and late on passes over the middle - which is not good for the health of the TE.

I actually like Euhus very much.....he is one of those athletic basketbball type guys.....

But....he is too friggen skinny to be a dominating blocking TE....and we need that....

I only feel that Campbell is ok in the blocking department....

Freddie Jones or Bubba Franks would be a big upgrade in that department

I think TD was basically saying that given the nature and timing of their injuries, he's hopeful they return for TC, but isn't counting on it and will make plans just in case. Hopefully that means getting a new TE. Campbell was slow BEFORE the leg injury, so I think we can pretty much write him off next season. So that leaves Euhus and Neufeld, plus a rookie or FA.

What about Mili?

He is a free agent..... He looked really good against the Rams.

I don't know about blocking but, he is a recieving threat for sure.

201035[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing - I think he'd be perfect. They definitely won't be able to sign all of their FAs, and he might well be the odd man out...