WR- Johnson, Woods, Goodwin, Graham, Smith, Rogers, Kauffman

DL - Mario, Dareus, Kyle, Branch, Carrington

LB - Anderson, Alonso, Bradham, Lawson, Moats, Dotwin, Scott, Pugh, Hughes

S- Byrd, Searcy, Williams, Williams, Meeks

CB - Gilmore, McKelvin, Brooks, Roby, Rogers

K- Hopkins

P- Powell

LS - Sanborn

There is no chance we carry seven WRs and just five defensive linemen.

Thanks for all the input!

v. 2 will have Kolb on the roster. So do I cut Tarvaris or Tuel, or keep all 4? I'm leaning towards cutting Tuel.

A few of you have said they won't keep 2 FBs. I'm not going to look it up now, but I'm fairly certain that Marrone said they will have a traditional blocking FB on the roster.

Dickerson isn't really an FB, but I just threw him there instead of at TE. I see Kirby has Gaskins over Summers. Anyone else agree?

Either way you slice it, if we decide 5 TEs/FBs is too many, and I make a cut there, where do I add a player? So far I've seen WR and LB as suggestions. Personally, I think I'd add a DB if I were cutting somewhere else (you can never have too many, lol).

If it get some more input today, maybe I'll change it tonight. Most likely, I'll wait until Monday night and we can take it from there.

Thanks again for the feedback!

No way Kolb gets cut. Even on a stretcher he is better than Tjax

Actually, I agree. Like I said upthread I wanted to have something controversial to keep the discussion going. :devil:

I'll have him on the next one.

-- One other thing I wanted to ask: Since it's likely there will be some additional roster moves before the cut down to 53- are there any players or positions you guys think the Bills will add and subsequently take a spot on the final 53?

/shameless bump now that everyone's on to discuss Buddy and OTAs. :flirt:

I think it's highly unlikely Tuel stays over Kolb in the "keep 2 QBs" scenario. This isn't RGIII and Cousins we're talking about here, where the QB has the full confidence of the staff from day one. No one has yet won the starting job and if Manuel does win it, the backup needs to be someone who has some NFL experience. This isn't just for what the guy does on the field, but also for mentoring and providing another set of eyes from someone who has been there before.

I think it's highly unlikely Tuel stays over Kolb in the "keep 2 QBs" scenario. This isn't RGIII and Cousins we're talking about here, where the QB has the full confidence of the staff from day one. No one has yet won the starting job and if Manuel does win it, the backup needs to be someone who has some NFL experience. This isn't just for what the guy does on the field, but also for mentoring and providing another set of eyes from someone who has been there before.

Agreed- good point!

Although I'm thinking, or at least hoping, that the staff does have confidence in Manuel. Yes, there will be a competition, but I think it's Manuel's job to lose.

I had a handwriting analysis done based on your notebook page. The findings are pretty disturbing. I've pm'd you so you know where to send the money…. unless of course you want me to publicly disclose the results.

:lol:

Bryan Scott is an interesting case. Like Tashard Choice, the new regime saw fit to offer him a contract when they didn't have to. They've cut a few veterans and shoo'd another one into retirement and they've retained Brad Smith in spite of a hefty price tag so it's all a guessing game as to the fates of these guys. On the plus side, Scott is a versatile player who can play LB and DB and this certainly has value to Pettine. On the other hand I don't think there are any guarantees for Scott. I think that they think that he has just enough value to bring in and compete for a job.

I think they carry 6 wideouts and 2 QBs and try to carry Tuel on the practice squad.

To the bolded above, I like the way you characterized that thought.

I've been trying to make the argument that the wild cat is obsolete due to the huge influx of athletic QBs. Certainly the repertoire of plays is similar to what it is when you simply have an athletic QB. The Wildcat is going out of vogue because it makes it too easy for the defense…. you know it's most likely a run play.

With EJ Manuel, the Wildcat is pointless which (as has been pointed out) now allows Brad Smith to focus all his efforts on one position.

I happen to think he has great potential at wide receiver.

I think Easley will be the odd man out unless he shows us something way beyond what he's shown us so far.

No way Kaufman beats out Easley.

No way Kaufman beats out Easley.

Really? A 6-5 guy that was very productive in college and brought in by this regime vs. a guy that has never stayed healthy and only had 1 productive college season. I think that Easley is a long shot to make this team.