Piling On - A response to the Draft Experts

The Bills didn't use their first pick on EJ Manuel.

They used their first pick on EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso and Chris Gragg.

Why is nobody framing their so-called "analysis" thusly?

+1

Guys, the "draft experts" like Kiper and McShay make their living off the relationships they have with certain scouts and GMs; the bottom line here is they are pissed off Buffalo completely pulled the wool over their eyes. It's really that simple, in my opinion. We made them look like they didn't know what they were talking about.

I've been wanting to write exactly this for a week. If there is a QB you want and need mid to later in the first round is the place. You don't over pay and you have the option for a fifth year.

This.

It's very clear that every team had a very different draft board on the QB than many of the media "experts", who were not in agreement at all.

I can't recall one pundit who had the QB draft falling out anything like it did. If anyone else does, let me know.

I think the closest was Mayock, who had Geno Smith at #21 in the 1st round (1st QB taken), EJ Manuel #41 in the 2nd round, and Barkley #43 in the 2nd round. Ryan Nassib #50 in the 2nd round, and Mike Glennon #81 in the 3rd.

And that's "closest" by a liberal definition of "closest" (eg flip Smith and Manuel, and pull out Barkley and Nassib to drop them back)

It's true that no one had Manuel going ahead of Smith, but some guys did have them 1,2 (ex: Mayock) and some seemed to regard Manuel as a bit of a "wild card" as far as where he would draft (ex: Cosell)

Guys, the "draft experts" like Kiper and McShay make their living off the relationships they have with certain scouts and GMs; the bottom line here is they are pissed off Buffalo completely pulled the wool over their eyes. It's really that simple, in my opinion. We made them look like they didn't know what they were talking about.

Yep. If we would have taken Barkley or Geno at 16 they would have graded it an A and the world would have never known that those two were 2nd and 4th round picks.

Fans like to be backed up by opinions of others though, especially on a national scale. If Kiper or McShay showered praise on the Manuel pick just as many here would have posted it as proof they sometimes do know what they are talking about.

Decide who you want.

Get him.

Especially at quarterback. The bills have sucked at evaluating QBs for years. I feel Whaley's and Marrone's fingerprints all over this. Younger thinking.

Git 'er Done. 4 years from now, when you Google the 2013 nfl draft, you'll laugh at the first round (same as any other year). Maybe 10-12 still in the league. So screw Kiper. If there's a guy you think will stick, take him. Especially at QB.

Edited by maddenboy