How good does it feel to know that our QB wants and loves being in Buf

Gilmore will be gone after his rookie contract is up. You can bet on that. Watch 'em draft corners in 2014-15. Bills = minor league baseball farm team for rest of NFL

Where do you get THAT from? Last time I checked, the NFL isn't exactly stocked with former Bill Pro Bowlers... geez...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Mayock, Jaws and Cosell all had some reservations about EJ. None of them had him going ahead of Geno Smith.

Mayock revised his opinion of EJ after watching more game tape. Initially he wasn't too keen on him, but he said that was mainly because the game films he saw initially included the Florida game and one or two others that weren't his best showings. But once he included a few more games and looked at a larger body of work, he moved EJ into his #2 QB position and was very positive on him as a prospect.

I have to say that I am kind of wishy washy on this Manuel thing becuase I get both the good and bad points of this pick. it is all part of the drat I guess. I think I will just wait and see what happens becuase that is all I can do at this point any way.

+1. Well said. Let us enjoy the ride, if there is magic in it.

I refuse to get too high on the Bills. Picking up Mario and Anderson last year had me pumped for a SB year. The first regular season game crushed my hopes like a grape.

Aah...That Jets Game....Why did you have to remind us of that pain...A game where we were supposed to kick Mark Sanchez in his B***......Instead he kicked us all around.

If you subscribe to the notion there was a decent amount of talent already on the roster, coaching has been significantly upgraded, and several needs were adequately addressed (most importantly, at QB and WR), then there is no reason to believe the Bills can't turn a 6-10 record the other way.

Or, you can take the opposite perspective (no talent, "raw" coaches, can't expect rookies to contribute) and conclude the Bills will go 2-14.

It's your choice.

And with everything so new and not even a camp to watch at this point, both are equally valid.

Or neither, and go with the tried and true "wait and see" :)

I hope you're wrong. Doug Marrone hopes you're wrong also, because if you're right, he will be fired after 3 years. For better or worse, Marrone is forever tied to the success of EJ manueal. Also, I feel the Eagles would have drafted him in the second round if the Bills had passed.

That's why I said we should have just waited one more year for a quarterback. I know it was our biggest need and people have been craving that franchise quarterback for a long time but we could have rode it out with Kolb for one season and we could have had a shot at a better qb next year instead of reaching on any quarterback in this draft. I hope EJ pans out because like you said if he doesnt Marrone will be fired along with probably everyone else 3 years from now

Edited by bufffan031

That's why I said we should have just waited one more year for a quarterback. I know it was our biggest need and people have been craving that franchise quarterback for a long time but we could have rode it out with Kolb for one season and we could have had a shot at a better qb next year instead of reaching on any quarterback in this draft. I hope EJ pans out because like you said if he doesnt Marrone will be fired along with probably everyone else 3 years from now

As you know, this is an opinion and an assumption.

No one can read the future.

The Bills have a conviction that EJ is a franchise QB.

In a worst-case scenario guess what?

The Bills can draft a quarterback next year.

Everybody seems to be saying its not a big deal that he wants to be here, because other qbs have wanted to be here in the past and look how that turned out. But look at the flip side of the coin. If EJ did not want to be here, and had a bad attitude about Buffalo, his chances of success would be slim to none. Attitude has a huge impact on everything in life.

I am so happy we didnt draft Geno Smith. That guys has some serious emotional baggage. He seems like a very sensitive, and defensive guy. On top of the fact that there is alot of speculation out there that the reason he dropped so far is because when coaches interviewed him he acted like a know it all and gave the impression that he feels like he is so good he had nothing to learn. That is going to be a mess in New Jersey.

I think the stars are aligning in Buffalo. The fact that Bruce is EJ's godfather and he is happy to be here makes me feel good. We finally have some NFL caliber talent at WR and we have a defensive coordinator who actually knows how to create a modern scheme. Something feels different about this year. I dont see this team going to the Superbowl or the playoffs this year, but I think they will develop and identity and be fun to watch. Lots of young talent that have all the tools to be great players if the coaches can reach them and teach them. Big things baby. Big things coming.

I refuse to get too high on the Bills. Picking up Mario and Anderson last year had me pumped for a SB year. The first regular season game crushed my hopes like a grape.

I can relate to this for sure. Last season was the first time since becoming a Bills fan almost 30 years ago that I really didn't give a fart if they won or lost by the time the end of the season rolled around. In fact, it depleted my interest in football as a whole for about three months, which never happens to me. If they didn't wipe out the coaching staff and bring in some guys that I have a great deal of faith in, I'd still be feeling that way. But I've learned enough about Marrone, Hackett, and Pettine that I'm really starting to get excited about the possibilities of this upcoming season. I really like what they did in the draft and I feel pretty strongly that Dave "Im only here as a favor to Chan" Wannstedt didn't even come close to tapping into the potential of some of our players on that side of the ball. Pettine WILL, and I think the D will be the biggest surprise of our 2013 campaign.

If we end up flopping again, I'll be the first in line to kick myself in the balls.

I get the overall point and I love Manuel's attitude but it also makes me think how low self-esteem WNY has. It's a great place to raise a family and if you're a bachelor, Toronto and NYC are about an hour away. I doubt Green Bay worries if players like being there.

The hell you will, line is already halfway around the block!

In that case, I better start working to improve my 40 time!

:D

Edited by ajzepp

I get the overall point and I love Manuel's attitude but it also makes me think how low self-esteem WNY has. It's a great place to raise a family and if you're a bachelor, Toronto and NYC are about an hour away. I doubt Green Bay worries if players like being there.

When your starting QB goes by Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers for the last 15+ years, then no one cares if you are playing in GB or not. It was the same way here in Buffalo, when the K-Gun was operational. In fact, the players loved playing for the Bills even post-Kelly era when the Flutie show came to the town.