4 WRS ARE NEEDED

We can't debate forever, if guys are being taken too early. However, No one knows for fact that guys are going to be available in later rounds. So you draft them where you value them.

Saints best run came with Colston,Henderson,Meachem and Moore...and they had Shockey at TE who was solid but Not special....

If Marrone is going to run a similar offense like the saints with 4 wrs are needed.

Comparing TJ and Goodwin, is fair but if you are going to have one guy running 30-40 yard fly routes to stretch the field, that guys is gonna have no legs after the first 5 or 6 games ....

So let's see how they are used, and remember also these guys are needs we have no WRS and now we potentially have 3 big play making WRs, and Stevie who will make plays in space.

If we are going to run a version of the run and shoot (KGun) -- we need 4 and small are quick are the best.

Look at the Houston Gamblers stats from 1985---

Richard Johnson wr 18 103 1384 14 13.44 76.9 5.7 0.8 7.36 0 Clarence Verdin wr 18 84 1004 9 11.95 55.8 4.7 0.5 9.33 0 Gerald McNeil wr 18 58 1017 6 17.53 56.5 3.2 0.3 9.67 0 Sam Harrell rb 18 51 491 2 9.63 27.3 2.8 0.1 25.50 0 Ricky Sanders wr 18 48 538 7 11.21 29.9 2.7 0.4 6.86 0 Scott McGhee wr 18 47 671 3 14.28 37.3 2.6 0.2 15.67 0

5 receivers with 47 or more catches -- 3 with 1000 yards or more. If I recall all of these receivers were below 6' tall all were lightning quick. The game has changed some but the concept of small quick receivers holds true in this quick read offense. You horizontally stretch the field -- defense cannot defend everyone and the QB gets the ball out quick. Then when the D comes up to close you go down the field.

Kelly missed I think missed 4 games that year and still had amazing stats.

Before the last pick, we had 4. SJ, Woods, TJ, Brad Smith, and Easley.

So this would make 6......We don't need 6 when we still have needs at G, CB, and TE

Edited by Derek in Va

Before the last pick, we had 4. SJ, Woods, TJ, Brad Smith, and Early.

So this would make 6......We don't need 6 when we still have needs at G, CB, and TE

We know you menat Easley, but don't forget Kevin Elliott who might compete for a spot. (Chris Hogan is technically there also). I'm believing this is going to be a strength in the near future.

We know you menat Easley, but don't forget Kevin Elliott who might compete for a spot. (Chris Hogan is technically there also). I'm believing this is going to be a strength in the near future.

Nope, I meant Quinn Early. Didn't you know he was making a comeback?

Before the last pick, we had 4. SJ, Woods, TJ, Brad Smith, and Early.

Quinn Early came out of retirement? To bad Easley couldn't give us Early's first two years of productivity.

Pay attention to your own sig, Derek,"I will be following the decisions made by the organization with optimism until further notice. I apologize for the inconvenience". The draft is not the only place to fill holes from. There are plenty of players available through FA, UDFA, and impending roster cuts.

We still need another guy. Honestly I would feel better if we had what we have plus David Nelson.

The NFL rated Nelson so highly his best deal was 1 year with the Browns. Don't get me wrong, I like David Nelson, but either his knee rehab isn't going very well or people watching coach's film see him differently than Buffalo fans do.

We can't debate forever, if guys are being taken too early. However, No one knows for fact that guys are going to be available in later rounds. So you draft them where you value them.

Saints best run came with Colston,Henderson,Meachem and Moore...and they had Shockey at TE who was solid but Not special....

If Marrone is going to run a similar offense like the saints with 4 wrs are needed.

Comparing TJ and Goodwin, is fair but if you are going to have one guy running 30-40 yard fly routes to stretch the field, that guys is gonna have no legs after the first 5 or 6 games ....

So let's see how they are used, and remember also these guys are needs we have no WRS and now we potentially have 3 big play making WRs, and Stevie who will make plays in space.

But why take a guy like Goodwin when a guy like Patton is sitting there for the taking & has the resume he has ??

This goes back to the same thing as past drafts when we take Maybin & we pass on guys like Orapko, Mathews, just the process of their thinking blows me away sometimes .

B/C Goodwin wasn't the BPA thats for sure !!

Edited by T master