If you don't believe in global warming, you're standing in the

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barack Obama is saying that for 1 reason only:

The environtologists have rapidly decreasing clout, but, they do have some $ remaning. President Obama wants that cash, because he knows that he needs to get it, immediately, before it goes elsewhere. He also needs that cash, now, because the 2014 outlook is also rapidly declining. A causal persual of RCP's home page says as much, and it's liberals who are saying it, so spare me the "link?". In as little as 6 months, it will be exceedingly difficult to raise any money for any DNC Congressional candidate.

Yes, this is all about 2014 elections, as, EVERYTHING this President has been doing since January is ultimately about the 2014 elections.

Why? Because the 2014 elections are Obama's only hope of not ending up as Jimmy Carter = a joke, and a warning, that ensures only moderate Democrats win primaries for the next 20 years. That is what the big Dem donors are most afraid of = Obama killing "activist government" as a concept, such that it doesn't matter who they nominate going forward, that person will ingore them even if they win.

Obama has already proven that not only is the notion of going in and doing serious work with Congress distateful to him, it is also something he isn't any good at. Thus, the only chance he has, is to try and take the House.

What he would actually do, himself, with full control again? Besides, nothing, and letting the Dem loons in Congress create aonother "Obamacare"? Yeah, that's a question for the ages, :lol:, because Obama has a 3.5% chance of winning the House.

Climate Change: Is there nothing it can't do?

http://thehill.com/b...x#ixzz2RrkVzmJL

Several House Democrats are calling on Congress to recognize that climate change is hurting women more than men, and could even drive poor women to "transactional sex" for survival.

The resolution, from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and a dozen other Democrats, says the results of climate change include drought and reduced agricultural output. It says these changes can be particularly harmful for women.

"[F]ood insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health," it says.

Climate change could also add "workload and stresses" on female farmers, which the resolution says produce 60 to 80 percent of the food in developing countries.

That's right. It's turning women into whores.

Right, and extending the batshit logic here to it's fullest, Global Warming has a much larger chance of turning women into whores than does:

1. Obamacare ensuring that both entry level and full time jobs are decreased for everybody, including women

2. Stimulus packages that are spent on keeping overextended local/state governments afloat, and not on job training or anything that even remotely resembles a real Keynesian multiplier (Still can't get over the fact that the ultimate Keynsians there are, couldn't figure out how to organize and deploy their own methodology properly)

3. Making women dependent on government, rather than contributing to society...or dare I say: Independent? (Have the feminists have forced us away from a paternalistic society...and into a paternalistic government? How is that, by any definition, better?)

Yes, the real culprit is Global Warming...and not the obvious idiocy of 1-3.

Yes, "The life of Julia" is much less likely to have Julia swinging on a pole, than Global Warming is.

Then I guess global warming will be the cause of more abortions too.

So if Global warming/climate change increases fertility AND allows more women to abort their fetus, one could argue that global warming/climate change is giving women more opportunities to make a choice about their body.

So global warming/climate change is actually helping to end the war on women!

Is there nothing climate change can't do?

All I'm hearing is that global warming is gonna get me laid.

Why am I supposed to be against global warming again?

You know...I was gonna just write that. :lol: But I thought hammering away at Obamacare, Keynesian Stimulus FAIL Orchestrated by Keynesians, and mass feminist hypocrisy was better.

I don't know why I thought that. Responding to the stupid, with fact, dignifies the stupid.

I must do better.

http://thehill.com/b...x#ixzz2RrkVzmJL

[/size][/font][/color]

Some folks see the Global Warming Climate Change (We Can Believe In) Green Energy Scam as a means of the redistribution of wealth from rich countries to poor

So hey, if we're already getting f*cked...

Just to clarify though, do we all believe that man made climate change is real? more specifically that increases in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will lead to warmer temperatures on the planet?

:lol:

Just to clarify though, do we all believe that man made climate change is real? more specifically that increases in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will lead to warmer temperatures on the planet?

I don't believe anything until I'm told to believe it by no less than the foremost authority on all things climate change: Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I don't believe anything until I'm told to believe it by no less than the foremost authority on all things climate change: Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Well here you go:

Nye wanted his audience in Ottawa last night to come together and be inspired, much like participants of the sundial projects.

“My friends, we are living in extraordinary times and you will see things nobody else has seen,” he said, before dedicating the rest of his lecture to climate change. He said that rapid growth in population and technology has messed with the atmosphere, and added “we have to do more.” He said it isn’t enough to lead a minimalist lifestyle; we must to produce less emissions too.

http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2013/03/15/bill-nye-urges-action-on-climate-change/

Yes, yes, we ALL believe that.

What to believe?

http://en.rian.ru/ru...5/53143686.html

ST. PETERSBURG, August 25 (RIA Novosti)- Global cooling could develop on Earth in 50 years and have serious consequences before it is replaced by a period of warming in the early 22nd century, a Russian scientist said Friday.

Environmentalists and scientists today focus on the dangers of global warming provoked by man's detrimental effect on the planet's climate, but global cooling - though never widely supported - is a theory postulating an overwhelming cooling of the Earth which could involve glaciation.

"On the basis of our [solar emission] research, we developed a scenario of a global cooling of the Earth's climate by the middle of this century and the beginning of a regular 200-year-long cycle of the climate's global warming at the start of the 22nd century," said the head of the space research sector of the Russian Academy of Sciences' astronomical observatory.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov said he and his colleagues had concluded that a period of global cooling similar to one seen in the late 17th century - when canals froze in the Netherlands and people had to leave their dwellings in Greenland - could start in 2012-2015 and reach its peak in 2055-2060.

He said he believed the future climate change would have very serious consequences and that authorities should start preparing for them today because "climate cooling is connected with changing temperatures, especially for northern countries."

"The Kyoto initiatives to save the planet from the greenhouse effect should be put off until better times," he said, referring to an international treaty on climate change targeting greenhouse gas emissions.

"The global temperature maximum has been reached on Earth, and Earth's global temperature will decline to a climatic minimum even without the Kyoto protocol," Abdusamatov said.

I know, maybe they're just trying to start another:

COLD WAR!

Edited by 3rdnlng

What to believe?

http://en.rian.ru/ru...5/53143686.html

ST. PETERSBURG, August 25 (RIA Novosti)- Global cooling could develop on Earth in 50 years and have serious consequences before it is replaced by a period of warming in the early 22nd century, a Russian scientist said Friday.

Environmentalists and scientists today focus on the dangers of global warming provoked by man's detrimental effect on the planet's climate, but global cooling - though never widely supported - is a theory postulating an overwhelming cooling of the Earth which could involve glaciation.

"On the basis of our [solar emission] research, we developed a scenario of a global cooling of the Earth's climate by the middle of this century and the beginning of a regular 200-year-long cycle of the climate's global warming at the start of the 22nd century," said the head of the space research sector of the Russian Academy of Sciences' astronomical observatory.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov said he and his colleagues had concluded that a period of global cooling similar to one seen in the late 17th century - when canals froze in the Netherlands and people had to leave their dwellings in Greenland - could start in 2012-2015 and reach its peak in 2055-2060.

He said he believed the future climate change would have very serious consequences and that authorities should start preparing for them today because "climate cooling is connected with changing temperatures, especially for northern countries."

"The Kyoto initiatives to save the planet from the greenhouse effect should be put off until better times," he said, referring to an international treaty on climate change targeting greenhouse gas emissions.

"The global temperature maximum has been reached on Earth, and Earth's global temperature will decline to a climatic minimum even without the Kyoto protocol," Abdusamatov said.

I know, maybe they're just trying to start another:

COLD WAR!

Heretic! :o Burn him!

Besides, how can anybody trust a guy with a name like Khabibullo Abdusamatov. Dude has got way too many consonants and not enough vowels in his name

Despite the many replies, no one actually answered the question I asked. I am interested if hearing what you guys believe...? Specifically, I want to know if you think that increases in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will cause the planet to warm?

Despite the many replies, no one actually answered the question I asked. I am interested if hearing what you guys believe...? Specifically, I want to know if you think that increases in the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will cause the planet to warm?

You have been a member here for over 6 years. This subject has been beaten to death, resurrected, and then beaten to death again here on PPP. From your post count most anyone would deduce that you don't come here often. If you are seriously going to quote Bill Nye, then you should probably come here even less often. There is a reason you aren't getting a serious response and if you can't figure that out then maybe I will suggest starting at the kiddie table, otherwise known as the Shoutbox. :devil: Damn, I love 2 fers.