Draft Day trades...Multiple teams, simultaneously

I couldn't find such a scenario w/in the last 15 years. I guess it just doesn't happen. Trades go 1 by 1, but why not got a few teams in the mix, all at once?

Obviously, I have an agenda here...

Bills, St. Louis & San Fran.

Buffalo gives up #8 and #41 to St. Louis for #16 and #22...per the value charts I've seen, not too crazy, but Buffalo ultimately makes out by a few points. Bring in San Fran and give them #16 for #'s 31 & 34.

Buffalo ends up with 2 1st rounders @ #'s 22 & 31 and a 2nd @ #34.

St. Louis gets their pick of WR and 2 pics on a talent rich day 2.

San Fran gets their pic of DL/DB ahead of Dallas, Cinci, Minn, NE, Atlanta and Baltimore...all who are in the market for either one. Plus they have 13 other pics to bargain with to move back up into the middle of rd 2 to close the gap between their pics at 16 and 61.

Bills mock resulting...

#22 - Matt Barkley, much better value than taking him in the top 10 and I billieve he's there for us.

#31 - Robert Woods, makes sense...automatic chemistry which eases Barkley's transition

#34 - Kevin Minter, ILB, Fills the hole @ ILB with a hole pluggn run stuffer. Compliments Sheppards latteral abilities...plus, they played together @ LSU..well, Minter replaced Shepp anyway

#71 - Gavin Escobar, TE, here's our version of a viable receiveing TE threat...nightmare match ups for LB's and Safties.

#105 - Sanders Commings, CB/SS - IMHO, could become the best SS out of this draft. (I know he's listed as a CB, just look at him, he's got SS written all over him)

#143 - Barrett Jones, C/OG - no Idea why he slides this far, but here's Levitre's replacement.

#177 - Josh Boyd, DT - very low risk, extremely high reward if he brings that motor with him. Can penetrate the line AND make plays outside the tackles.

Most likely a pipe dream, but that's why I'm an Armchair GM.

Very well thought out plan! Anythings possible. But i dont see Barrett Jones lasting that long...

Nice post though!

Me either on Jones. I'm dumbfounded as to the opinions being spewed about him. Bottom line, the kid is a winner...at every position he's played.

I couldn't find such a scenario w/in the last 15 years. I guess it just doesn't happen. Trades go 1 by 1, but why not got a few teams in the mix, all at once?

Buffalo gives up #8 and #41 to St. Louis for #16 and #22...per the value charts I've seen, not too crazy, but Buffalo ultimately makes out by a few points. Bring in San Fran and give them #16 for #'s 31 & 34.

San Fran gets their pic of DL/DB ahead of Dallas, Cinci, Minn, NE, Atlanta and Baltimore...all who are in the market for either one. Plus they have 13 other pics to bargain with to move back up into the middle of rd 2 to close the gap between their pics at 16 and 61.

Bills mock resulting...

#22 - Matt Barkley, much better value than taking him in the top 10 and I billieve he's there for us.

#31 - Robert Woods, makes sense...automatic chemistry which eases Barkley's transition

#34 - Kevin Minter, ILB, Fills the hole @ ILB with a hole pluggn run stuffer. Compliments Sheppards latteral abilities...plus, they played together @ LSU..well, Minter replaced Shepp anyway

#71 - Gavin Escobar, TE, here's our version of a viable receiveing TE threat...nightmare match ups for LB's and Safties.

#105 - Sanders Commings, CB/SS - IMHO, could become the best SS out of this draft. (I know he's listed as a CB, just look at him, he's got SS written all over him)

#143 - Barrett Jones, C/OG - no Idea why he slides this far, but here's Levitre's replacement.

#177 - Josh Boyd, DT - very low risk, extremely high reward if he brings that motor with him. Can penetrate the line AND make plays outside the tackles.

This would be a great scenario.

Bills mock resulting...

Get down to OBD and get in that room ASAP. :thumbsup:

I'd shed a tear of joy. I could see us going with one of the CBs or Elam, cyprien or Eric Reid instead of Minter though. Although I really like him, if we sign dansby (which is still alive), I think CB or safety is what we address.

SF is a logical trading partner. Charlie Casserly said on NFL Network that the team is already deep and with 13 picks they will want to shed some by trading up or trading for picks in next years draft. This is plausable and well thought out. Kudos.

By the way, I was wondering the same thing you were, about multiple team trades all at once. I think the reason you don't see it ( think the ridiculousness of like multi-team and player trades in basketball) is that trades between teams on draft day have to be done during their selection. So you're idea is completely possible, and they could set it up initially, but not be able to announce it until their next pick.

I could live with a Different QB or WR combo, although i do like woods. I would also prefer a true second WR than a TE, since we already have 5 or 6? As for the later rounds of the draft, basically anything past the 4th, you're just digging for gold, could really care less on who they pick, although i wouldn't mind if we picked up one of those 2 amazing kickers. God knows i want us to be able to hit 55yd fgs as often as possible.

the reason you wont see that in one piece of paperwork is SF has no incentive to sign off until they know who is available at 16.

teams trade picks they earlier traded for regularly though.

otherwise - id be happy come sunday if that was our end result.

Edited by NoSaint

Bills mock resulting...

i like it!