Where's the value at #8?

Billsguy

Here is how I see the value if the Bills stay at #8.

Offensive line: Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper. (safely assuming the tackles Joeckel and Fisher are gone)

Wide receiver: Tavon Austin

Cornerback: Dee Milliner

Second round

QB: best available

TE: best available (if QB has been taken early)

I don't fall into the QB in round 1 hysteria that has befallen Bills nation. The Bills acquired Kolb to fill the starting role for 2013. I think the Bills believe they can get a quality QB in round 2.

If the Bills trade down in the 1st round, then I believe they might draft a QB first. I have always believed that when a team reaches to fill a position need that they overlook better players.

I hope they take the best player regardless of position. I believe this makes sense because the Bills have needs in so many positions.

BTW, three days to complete the draft is ridiculous.

Once they signed Kolb, I believed they no longer needed to reach for a QB in round 1... as the draft as drawn closer it seems like all you hear is that they are taking a QB in the first..

Why bring in Kolb if you are drafting a QB at 8... you already have a veteran backup in Jackson. Rookies start from day 1 now and you can pretty much tell what the guy has after his first season...

i don't really think, or think that Bills think, that Guards or 175 lb receivers are value at 8 either. If OT or Jordan is there, they are, but otherwise... maybe Mlliner. Some D-lineman will be, but doubt Bills forego needs for a position of relative strength, which is why they are likely desperate to trade down.

If not, go with best combo of need/value... QB or CB.

I also believe Tavon Austin doesn't give us anything T.J. Graham can't give us. Second year receiver > rookie, even if it is Tavon Austin. Something I just got done saying in another thread. If they want a receiver and they don't want Patterson, I guess go after Eifert even though it would be hella high for a TE. I also would not like for us to reach for a QB here unless it's Smith which has pretty much been off the board's radar as well as the experts' radar for about a month now for some reason. I say we need to go DE/OLB/MLB.

Here is how I see the value if the Bills stay at #8.

Offensive line: Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper. (safely assuming the tackles Joeckel and Fisher are gone)

Wide receiver: Tavon Austin

Cornerback: Dee Milliner

Second round

QB: best available

TE: best available (if QB has been taken early)

I don't fall into the QB in round 1 hysteria that has befallen Bills nation. The Bills acquired Kolb to fill the starting role for 2013. I think the Bills believe they can get a quality QB in round 2.

If the Bills trade down in the 1st round, then I believe they might draft a QB first. I have always believed that when a team reaches to fill a position need that they overlook better players.

I hope they take the best player regardless of position. I believe this makes sense because the Bills have needs in so many positions.

BTW, three days to complete the draft is ridiculous.

If any of the three OT's drops to us, or Jordan, we should jump at it. I am hoping someone takes Smith, Floyd and Lotuleli before us so that Jordan lasts to the 8th pick. Otherwise, if things go pretty much as predicted, one of the guards or maybe Ansah. I think Austin would be a mistake, small fast receivers are just not that hard to find. A big guy with speed, now thats special.

If any of the three OT's drops to us, or Jordan, we should jump at it. I am hoping someone takes Smith, Floyd and Lotuleli before us so that Jordan lasts to the 8th pick. Otherwise, if things go pretty much as predicted, one of the guards or maybe Ansah. I think Austin would be a mistake, small fast receivers are just not that hard to find. A big guy with speed, now thats special.

I agree that Austin would be a reach myself after re-consideration. I have always believed the big men are the most important. I saw Kaepernick,Dalton and Wilson get drafted in round 2 so I think the Bills will pass on a QB in round 1.

They clearly have a need for a WR and TE, but they may wait until round 3 or later.

I could see the Bills trading down with San Fran for 3 or 4 premium picks. The Bills give up number 8 for #31, a couple of #2's or a 1st next year and a 4th. Something to think about.

Once they signed Kolb, I believed they no longer needed to reach for a QB in round 1... as the draft as drawn closer it seems like all you hear is that they are taking a QB in the first..

Why bring in Kolb if you are drafting a QB at 8... you already have a veteran backup in Jackson. Rookies start from day 1 now and you can pretty much tell what the guy has after his first season...

in signing kolb, they have put themselves in a position where they don't HAVE to take a qb, but if they truly feel that one of these guys has everything they are looking for in a franchise qb, i certainly hope they grab him. and as far as the backup qb thing goes, there is nothing wrong with having a couple vets slug it out to see who is better, wouldn't we have loved to see them bring in a legitimate player to compete with thigpen?

Austin seems to be very similar to Graham, a smallish, speedy guy. What the Bills don't have is that big Michael Irvin type, which is precisely Buddy's dream receiver. I don't know if there's one in the draft with a "can't miss" tag on him, but if there is, that's the guy Buddy's got his eye on.

Chance Warmack gets it done in the run game + long time.

Tavon Austin gets bonus points and grief from fans but will create mismatches aplenty and create fear in Def coordinators. and maybe most important score points first season.

neither are favorites for me as i love Defense. But make good good sense.

good sense

More picks please Buddy

Austin seems to be very similar to Graham, a smallish, speedy guy. What the Bills don't have is that big Michael Irvin type, which is precisely Buddy's dream receiver. I don't know if there's one in the draft with a "can't miss" tag on him, but if there is, that's the guy Buddy's got his eye on.

right you are. But they are in the 3rd round too .