Which QB would get you the most excited?

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB would get you the most excited

After hearing and reading so many of the experts dice up this QB class I'm beginning to lose conviction, if only because I'm merely an armchair GM/Scout. Still - I've been right about most of the QB's in the last 5 years with the exception of Clausen. I thought Kaepernick was as good as Newton coming out of college, and I thought Wilson matched up favorably with Luck and Griffin.

This year I've liked Barkley the most since I've begun really doing the research. I thought I'd like Geno a lot more than I did - you heard so much about him, his stats were so good, but when I watched him there was something that made me hesitant. I'm up in the air with Geno - he might be the best of the bunch, or the 4th - I just can't get a good read on him.

Manuel and Landry Jones were both QB's I think can be above average to Franchise QB's, given the right system and some time.

Nassib I actually didn't like that much. Well, there was a lot I really liked about him - his strength, toughness, intelligence, leadership - but when I watched him play I saw so many of his deeper passes thrown behind his recievers; it just seemed like he had a problem with accuracy. I worry about accuracy issues - more now than ever, since Fitzpatrick. Yet, guys I really trust, like Joe B. at WGR, Cossell, Polian - these guys like Nassib a lot. It makes me think I'm wrong about him. If his accuracy can be cleaned up he reminds me a lot of Jim Kelly or Brett Favre.

And lastly there is Wilson. I like him a lot. He seems to have everything (except big hands), or speed.

So, my list is as follows, with tiers, according to which I think the QB's are close in talent and prospect:

Barkley - Franchise QB, 1st round talent.

Wilson, Nassib, Geno, Manuel - Likely above average QB's with potential, depending on system. Late first, second round talents.

Landry Jones - Good QB. Potentially a frachise QB, but not as much in the upside/intangibles department. Still a solid 2nd round talent.

Glennon, Matt Scott - With time, in the right system, they could be good QB's. Worth a 3rd round pick.

Dysert - He's got enough of everything to spend a mid round pick on. If he doesn't end up challenging for a starter spot, he should prove to be a high upside backup, in the mold of a Frank Reich.

Your thoughts are similar to mine, especially WRT Barkley. I like his touch, his accuracy, his decision-making, his field vision. I'd like to know a little more about his arm strength and his ability to hit receivers in stride. But assuming those things are where they need to be, I'd have absolutely no problem with the Bills taking Barkley 8th overall.

It seems most people are voting their opinion on who is the best QB. We are in a very unique situation where on of the potential QB has been coached by our coaching staff for the past couple years. To me it is very obvious if Nassib is chosen it says volumes about his potential. I told my son early in the process Nassib is the only QB I would be comfortable at the#8 draft position. If our coaches are that confident then I most certainly would be happy. All the QBs have positives and negatives and should be gotten at a later round. We have too much need positions.

I'm shocked by all the votes for Manuel, living in FL and having watched more of his games than any other of the QBs, I can say this would be a horrible decision. He has had "potential" since he arrived at FSU and never has lived up to the expectations. I don't think he has the ability to process information quickly enough and I don't think this coaching staff wants a QB who will need at least 3 years to POSSIBLY develop into a starting QB. I would rather see Landry Jones in the 3rd if we want someone to develop. I would be most comfortable with Barkley if we must pick a QB at 8.

Really interesting to see how little excitement there would be for Geno, and how much there would be for Manuel.

Also.. I think it would be very interesting to see how many votes Nassib would get if we didnt have his former coach as our new HC. I think alot of people like Nassib just because of Marrone. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

EJ Manuel! that would be my first choice, but based on the what the talking heads say, Bills have settled on either nassib or barkley, of course.

I'm on board with EJ. He was interviewed on the Heard yesterday. He's smart, respectful, huge, and oozes with quiet confidence the way Russell Wilson did last year.

I think we have our veteran presence with the Kolb signing this year & they say Manuel isn't a finished product .

With the read option becoming more & more prevalent in the NFL why would you draft a pocket passer ?

Manuel has NFL abilities, strong arm, mobility, size, & a good college resume but needs a bit of time to develop per the experts, but they say that every year.

So for my money i think Manuel in the QB class this year would have the best upside of these QB's ...

But none are worthy of the 8th over all !!!

Edited by T master