Did Anyone see Marrone today on NFL Network at 5:15? -Missed it

Amstel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i saw it, the anchor was asking really dumb questions, like please tell me who are you going to pick at 8? Anyways he said he a great conversation with Matt Barkley and he seems intelligent about the system there running in buffalo. From what i came away with is that we will be drafting a Nassib or Barkely hands down. I dont think @ 8 though.

Edited by BILLS #1

trade down if possible but we cant watch them pass us by again . i have given in to a QB at 8 Barkley Nassib Manuel. i dont care. if they like him get em.

but a tough draft spot this year.

Thanks Bills #1. i'm not bummed i missed coach's interview now.

anything else ?

Edited by 3rdand12

From what i came away with is that we will be drafting a Nassib or Barkely hands down. I dont think @ 8 though.

I guess I didn't come away with that. He was being very tight lipped on draft strategy as he should be. Saying once again "we are in the information gathering business, not sharing".

What I came away with was a no-nonsense demeanor. Frankly I thought he made kind of an ass out of that dweeb that was asking the questions. Or maybe, the reporter did a good job of that on his own.

Bottom line, from a strategy/ draft perspective you didn't miss anything. It was nice to see him on the network though.

jb

We watched the interview. I really like this guy...unfortunately I liked Gailey at the start. He reminds me of O'Brien at Penn State and I know that's college and that's where Marone is coming from but their demeanor seems similar. I'm willing to wait and see and hope for the best. I did say after the interview its amazing how much these guys talk without saying anything. Go Bills!

My most clear impression of Marrone so far is that like Belichick, he's absolutely mastered the art of talking yet saying nothing.

I really hope this is true.

I think having someone like Buddy who reveals all his cards really hurts the team. I'm surprised they haven't cut him off from the media (and any phone calls)

If its not at #8 its not going to happen. QB's are climbing the charts and if you have a guy you want you take him, you do NOT wait and hope he is there later and you do NOT SETTLE!

There's no such thing as "climbing the charts". That's all media BS. Every GM, former GM and personnel guy interviewed says their draft board is pretty much set weeks ahead of time, with very minor adjustments.

There's no such thing as "climbing the charts". That's all media BS. Every GM, former GM and personnel guy interviewed says their draft board is pretty much set weeks ahead of time, with very minor adjustments.

Exactly.

I feel that they got Kolb so that they do not have to reach at 8 for a non-top 10 QB

SF is likely to be packaging up picks to someone come draft day....They have few and very specific needs for their SB-ready roster. I'm hoping the #8 slot is where SF can target Vaccaro - we then get our QB late 1.......and plug away the holes with 4 more picks in 2/3.