Brief insight about our new staff from a current Syracuse player...

I'm 24 and I can't stand it when people my age text like that. To me, a text like that just screams "I'm lazy" or I'm stupid".

By far one of my biggest pet peeves

Not saying it's right or wrong but when I text, I don't omit punctuation like periods, question marks, or exclamation points.

I also capitalize.

I will occasionally use "u" instead of "you" and other similar abbreviations. I always try to use shorter words with a similar meaning.

I don't seem to be able to get any lazier or sloppier than that.

Having a smart phone with a good touch pad is helpful and I guess I'm a slave to certain writing standards.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I see we have alot of English majors on the board who would text everyone that they know personally with perfect Grammer and spelling. If you look at text for perfection then you're a dumb A**...You likely are the same people who insist on drafting guys with high character and then get your a** kicked for 13 str8 yrs and don't make the playoffs. He know's how to articulate, yet he is from an Urban community, however you Geniuses only know what you know and can't relate to slang or short hand...Keep your technical butts off of the Internet!!! I bet he makes it to the league before anyone you guys know who is soooo smart!!!

I don't believe being an English major is a requirement for spelling, grammar, punctuation or being able to communicate in a coherent manner. These things used to be considered everyday normal even for those who dropped out of school. And being "urban" is no excuse.

Not saying it's right or wrong but when I text, I don't omit punctuation like periods, question marks, or exclamation points.

I also capitalize.

I will occasionally use "u" instead of "you" and other similar abbreviations. I always try to use shorter words with a similar meaning.

I don't seem to be able to get any lazier or sloppier than that.

Having a smart phone with a good touch pad is helpful and I guess I'm a slave to certain writing standards.

Likewise. If he added the letter s to about 4 words it would just be a boring endorsement with a typo and err body being amusing. No time saved, no shorthand - just poor writing.

I don't believe being an English major is a requirement for spelling, grammar, punctuation or being able to communicate in a coherent manner. These things used to be considered everyday normal even for those who dropped out of school. And being "urban" is no excuse.

Then why doesn't everyone think you should speak in complete sentences? And grammatically correct. I'm an English and Journalism major, and I'm a fiend as far as spelling and grammar in my professional writings and others. One typo or misspelled word to me in something like that is bothersome. Yet I text just like that guy does, and I wouldn't expect anyone to text in complete sentences or grammatically correct. Texting is a matter of quick communication and not a formal document. It's simply a matter of what you want to express to a friend so he or she understands what you're saying. It's not designed for others, it has a language of its own.

Likewise. If he added the letter s to about 4 words it would just be a boring endorsement with a typo and err body being amusing. No time saved, no shorthand - just poor writing.

Poor writing? He was sending a text to a friend, I don't think he expected us to be writing reviews of his work. If his friend understood it then it did the job, no?

He was asked about the coaches and he didn't have much more to say than 'yeah, I like them.'

I see we have alot of English majors on the board who would text everyone that they know personally with perfect Grammer and spelling. If you look at text for perfection then you're a dumb A**...You likely are the same people who insist on drafting guys with high character and then get your a** kicked for 13 str8 yrs and don't make the playoffs. He know's how to articulate, yet he is from an Urban community, however you Geniuses only know what you know and can't relate to slang or short hand...Keep your technical butts off of the Internet!!! I bet he makes it to the league before anyone you guys know who is soooo smart!!!

Now I'm really curious about him. Why don't you ID him so we all can watch his progression to the Presidency with utter amazement.

I know a kid who plays at the Cuse right now, and he knows the staff. I asked him about these guys and he gave me a brief introduction about them... I copied and pasted it...

"They a good group together the db coach real he know he know what he doing Marrone a cool dude too it just he gone have to get used to the team and then err thing should be good".

It's not much, but this is a great kid and I know he would tell the truth if there was anything bad to say about them.

Does anyone know if theres a 24/7/365 on call interpreter at TBD to decipher the code of this ancient language ?