Reagan was a liberal

Crap for brains talking heads. However this little quote offers a sliver of hope

"58 percent would vote for Ronald Reagan over President Barack Obama."

America is still moronic for voting for Barry at all but at least most have enough sense to pick Reagan over him.

Crap for brains talking heads. However this little quote offers a sliver of hope

"58 percent would vote for Ronald Reagan over President Barack Obama."

America is still moronic for voting for Barry at all but at least most have enough sense to pick Reagan over him.

Let's just call this what it is, once and for all: hubris. The American people, or should I say, a majority of low-information voters, voted for Obama, no differently than they vote for American Idol: because voting for Obama = "makes me feel good". I've wanted to see if I could find a correlation between Obama voters and high propensity to voter for American Idol, but I don't have time.

What's amazing is: that's the conundrum most liberals can't seem to shake..."but they voted him back in, so why don't they agree with his agenda, and why do more of them(2 points under water, and 3 points under 50, latest poll on RCP) disaprove of him?"

Answer: because none of this is about Obama himself. ALL of it is about people making themselves feel "enlightened". It's a giant ego-enhancer, and it's just as phony as "come on down to my place, and buy something, and I'll give some of that to chartity." That's not philanthropy, that's marketing.

Similarly, Obama's not an American President, as we've known it, he is the "mirror, mirror, on the wall, telling me I'm the most erudite of all".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Let's just call this what it is, once and for all: hubris. The American people, or should I say, a majority of low-information voters, voted for Obama, no differently than they vote for American Idol: because voting for Obama = "makes me feel good". I've wanted to see if I could find a correlation between Obama voters and high propensity to voter for American Idol, but I don't have time.

Quick Google search brings up this article...

http://voices.yahoo.com/american-idol-versus-presidential-election-voter-1396529.html

Quick summary, more votes were cast for AI, but if you divide by the number of AI viewers, less people voted for AI winner than the president.

Obama understands that the majority of Americans loved Reagan. He doesn't understand the reason why. He thinks it is because Reagan was a good speaker, not a person that could present great ideas coherently and with passion. I'm willing to bet that Reagan never consulted a poll to figure out his position. Is there anyone here who could claim that of Obama?

2013 and conservatives as well as liberals still going on about Ole Ron.

That shows what an instrumental person he was in our history.

Every couple of years we get these "Reagan wouldn't recognize Today's GOP" transparencies by the "elite"

Reagan tripled the debt, he was no Eisenhower.

Reagan sent several balanced budget amendments but then Speaker Of The House Tip O'Neal rendered them "Dead on arrival" in his words. Dems controlled the house thus the spending. That's the reason for any debt and dispelling the myth that is Reagan's irresponsibility with money.

I don't pretend to be the expert on his presidency, but I do know that the number of workers on the federal payroll increased by 70,000 (I imagine that many were mostly military and DOD), he bailed out Social Security (which, then, for the first time caused SS benefits to be taxed), and he added the Department of Veterans Affairs (instead of getting rid of Department(s) of Energy and Education like he promised during the course of his campaign in 1980).

The VA move expanded government significantly and was disliked by many in the GOP.

All in all though, he was a great president and should be memorialized on some kind of circulating currency.

Not that anyone cares, but Regan was the first president that I saw in person. There was a time when the president would come outside onto the White House lawn and talk. I was probably 9 or 10 and my my mom took me and my siblings to the WH gates. I remember that there was a speaker box on the gate and after being there for a while there was an announcement to the tune of: "ladies and gentleman, Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Regan." Out came the president and the first lady, they waived for a few minutes, walked around on the lawn, chatted with some people who were on the premises. And then they went back inside.

I wonder what happened to those days...

Ya know his staff was nervous he was losing his mind?

A shallow and transparent (and phony) remark, designed simply to get a response.....................well, here it is.

Many posters here are "nervous" for you..........

I don't pretend to be the expert on his presidency, but I do know that the number of workers on the federal payroll increased by 70,000 (I imagine that many were mostly military and DOD), he bailed out Social Security (which, then, for the first time caused SS benefits to be taxed), and he added the Department of Veterans Affairs (instead of getting rid of Department(s) of Energy and Education like he promised during the course of his campaign in 1980).

The VA move expanded government significantly and was disliked by many in the GOP.

All in all though, he was a great president and should be memorialized on some kind of circulating currency.

Not that anyone cares, but Regan was the first president that I saw in person. There was a time when the president would come outside onto the White House lawn and talk. I was probably 9 or 10 and my my mom took me and my siblings to the WH gates. I remember that there was a speaker box on the gate and after being there for a while there was an announcement to the tune of: "ladies and gentleman, Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Regan." Out came the president and the first lady, they waived for a few minutes, walked around on the lawn, chatted with some people who were on the premises. And then they went back inside.

I wonder what happened to those days...

You're forgetting he also tripled the black budget for DOD, giving control of our country completely to the military industrial complex.

0:)

You're forgetting he also tripled the black budget for DOD, giving control of our country completely to the military industrial complex.

0:)

Ah yes the insidious military industrial complex. A talking point staple for hippies and left wing lunatics since the 60s. Well done.

A shallow and transparent (and phony) remark, designed simply to get a response.....................well, here it is.

Many posters here are "nervous" for you..........

It is true and it's a great anecdote. They concluded in the end he was fit etc... no need to be all nasty now B-man