2013 NFL Draft TV Tippers

Every year, my buddies and I come up with a list of "TV tippers" for the draft. These are players that would be so enraging if we picked them at our selection, the draft party host's TV could potentially be tipped. For someone to be a TV tipper, they need to be considered an extreme reach, poor fit, etc.

Obviously, it is all in jest, but makes for humorous discussion. So, at number eight, here are my TV tippers for 2013:

QB Ryan Nassib - If they feel like he's the guy, fine. But taking him at eight would be a tough pill to swallow.

RB Eddie Lacey - This would certainly be shocking and unexpected, but... TV tipped.

WR Keenan Allen - Possesion receivers don't go in the top 10.

DE Bjoern Werner - Chris Kelsay just retired. No need to replace him this high.

DE Margus Hunt - So so raw. Only team that could afford a high pick on this guy is SF, with their depth and wealth of picks.

Those are my only TV tippers right now. Not saying I expect the Bills to select any of these guys at 8, but can you definitively rule any if them out? Maybe Lacey and Hunt, but you never know.

**Disclaimer** My 2011 TV Tipper was JJ Watt. I know nothing.

Edited by Tim Anderson's Lunch Pail

what will be interesting is to see if anyone is actually left... 7 posts in and we've lost most QB's, the small/fast WR, the big/slow WR, the OGs, the CB, and the S.

form me, all of the above minus the QBs. if they believe in one, they gotta do it, and at least it would be interesting.

You would tip your TV if we drafted the consensus #1 CB?? That seems drastic.

I wouldn't word it like that.....but yes.

Ignoring the Bill's long/medium term history in picking DBs(as it really isn't relevant today)......we drafted a CB high in the 1st round last year(Gilmore) who showed a good chance that he will become a probowl level player. Selecting one this year when we have so many positional needs would be a huge mistake IMO as having a good QB or ILB is far more important than having a 2nd CB who can cover the #1 WR on opposition teams.

Also.....there is this argument....

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157364-db-in-the-1stgood-or-bad/

Funny - right off, the players listed were the players that ARE ACTUALLY very probable for Buffalo at 8! Milliner, Vacarro, Warmack/Cooper, Geno Smith, Mingo... who's left? What? This leaves only the guys who are just about sure to be drafted ahead of Buffalo, and guys who most think are better off drafted in the teens or twenties. I guess no matter who Buffalo picks there's going to be a lot of complaining going on here!

As for me - I know I have a few favorites I'd love to see Buffalo pick - Barkley, Jordan, Ansah - are at the top of that list, but if the Bills collective braintrust believes Geno, Milliner, Warmack/Cooper, or anyone else (except Mingo - he's too much like Maybin for my taste, and he never really was too successful at getting actual sacks!), heck, even Jarvis Jones could be palatable, as long as they believe he'll play faster than his 40, are good enough, then I trust their professional opinion. I'm more concerned with the collection of players as a whole than I am with the top pick. For me, it hasn't been Buddy's first picks that have killed me, it's been his 5th-7th round picks, which seem like they've been picked with a dart, passing on guys who are obviously much higher rated at positions of need for guys I've never heard of and who, most of the time, don't make it to the final roster anyway!

It was jonathon cooper for awhile. Then I saw him play. I didn't want warmack either. Now I wouldn't mind so much. I wouldn't tip the TV for vaccaro, milliner or Austin. I think they're all going to be very good players. That's what I want to draft. A very good player. I'd tip the TV if we select Olgetree. I'd throw something at the TV if we take Patterson. I'd turn the TV off if we select Lane Johnson. Im just not sold on those guys as being sure things. While anyone can be a bust, I think those 3 have a better chance than other potential picks, at being a bust. I just want to add a stud. Regardless of position. If we drafted vaccaro and he turned out to be an all pro, the tandem of him and Byrd would be a tremendous defensive weapon. With pettines attacking defense, having 2 all pro "last lines of defense" helps tremendously. If we draft milliner, he and Gilmore "could" be the best CB tandem in the league eventually. In a pass happy league, it helps tremendously. Especially 2 big cbs that can fly, hit and cover. Either OG would give us one of the best left sides in the nfl. Our best player is Cj spiller. It makes him even better and will help open up the passing attack. Austin might be the most dangerous WR in the nfl with the ball in his hands. Paired with spiller makes defenses decide which poison to swallow. Is tough to key on both of them.

I don't like ogletrees character. I'm usually not too picky about that, but in his case and picking #8, I just don't like it. If we traded down and got him, I wouldn't be pissed. Patterson impresses me when I watch his highlights. Impresses me a lot. His disappearing acts during games really worry me. Too raw for #8. Lane Johnson bores me and causes us to switch guys around on the OL. Do we move Glenn or Johnson to Lg? Do we move glenn or Johnson to RT and move Hairston, pears or sanders to Lg? I like our OL and just think we need to fill in a Lg. cooper and warmack ARE left guards. Beastly left guards IMO. I'd prefer to take one of them over Johnson and have a monster left side for spiller to run behind. It might not be the "best" choice to draft a LG #8, bit if they do, and warmack or cooper becomes all pros, I'm fine with it.

If we go QB at 8, I understand the pick. While I think the QBs have a lesser chance of becoming great than Jarvis, milliner, warmack, Jordan etc, the need for a great QB is much more than any other position, by far. I prefer Geno, Barkley, Manuel, nassib in that order.

Edited by NewEra

I try not to damage the local property. I do, however, go through the 5 stages of grief.

1. Denial: No way did they just pick him. I must be drinking too much.

2. Anger: Are they kidding me? No one on earth but Buffalo would make that idiotic choice.

3. Bargaining: I'd honestly do anything to have a winning team. What is it going to take?

4. Depression: Forget it! It's not even worth it to support this team. We'll always be the laughing stock of the NFL.

5. Acceptance: You know? I think we'll be okay. This guy has a good looking highlight reel. He's a green-shirted freshener who led the GMC10 in yards lost per gained intersackdowns.

That being said...I guess I'd pick Cordarelle Patterson.