Have you ever walk to the Ralph with a open beer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in our group, I have to drive, so I get one before we eat, and then I am on soda. That is our version of a DD. Sorry I can't be a big hitter like all the brave talk here.

No need to apologize.

If you can enjoy yourself and have a good time and don't have any social anxiety, why even have so much as a single drink?

Hopefully everyone reaches a point in life where they can have a great time socializing without alcohol or drugs.

Why should it be necessary?

I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind seeing a complete alcohol ban.

Crazy right?

We would be able to move from the upper deck to the front row with the 100 other fans who actually love the game.

I'd personally have no problem with that.

For one thing I don't need to drink to enjoy myself.

And more importantly it would be great if there weren't a lot of blind drunk idiots staggering around the stadium.

But alcohol is a big money maker so the NFL is always on a tightrope in terms of alcohol in the stadium.

Ok locals...It is your job, nay, your civic duty to do everything in your power to shoot down this horrible idea of a law. Keep OP "wet" for the rest of us out of towners who flock to your neighborhood each football season for the privlege of walking down the streets with an open beer!

Up to the locals? Why not get involved and send an email with your thoughts to the OP officials that Jboyst listed on his post. .

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind seeing a complete alcohol ban.

Crazy right?

We would be able to move from the upper deck to the front row with the 100 other fans who actually love the game.

I haven't had a drink in something like 17 years (I'm waiting for you the rest of you guys to catch up)..............And, yet I would hate this idea. I hate the fact that smoking is banned, and I haven't done that in at least 15 years.

I want people to have as much fun as they want.

I personally always have fun, whether I drink or not..........My friends I go with all drink - but only at the opener do they actually get drunk.

We go to the games mainly for the games. 28 years and counting.

I haven't had a drink in something like 17 years (I'm waiting for you the rest of you guys to catch up)..............And, yet I would hate this idea. I hate the fact that smoking is banned, and I haven't done that in at least 15 years.

I want people to have as much fun as they want.

I personally always have fun, whether I drink or not..........My friends I go with all drink - but only at the opener do they actually get drunk.

We go to the games mainly for the games. 28 years and counting.

I'm pretty much a libertarian so I understand what you're saying.

However I said upthread that I'd have no problem with an alcohol ban.

And here's why the contradiction:

I believe with freedom comes responsibility.

Well, I've been to hundreds of games now and never got hurt or anything, so I'm not worried about it.

I never go anywhere with fear for my own safety but people do randomly get killed and die due to irresponsible drinking and drug use.

And irresponsible behavior seems pretty rampant to me at Bills games.

I believe with freedom comes responsibility.

That's a beautiful idea and I happen to agree, but unfortunately not everyone on any given Sunday feels that way.

It's a shame that a ban on alcohol or "open container" even has any cause for discussion. But another case of the idiots ruining it for everyone.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Hammer, good point. FWIW, I'll do my part. You just have infinitely more clout in OP than a guy from California who travels to WNY a couple of times a year. Point taken: Team effort here

Pro or con it does not matter. What matters is that everyone can send a e-mail with their thoughts to the links proved by Jboyst in post #14. J Nails, I think you have just as much clout as I do.

Here is one more link Orchard Park Supervisor Janis Colarusso opsupervisor@orchardparkny.org