A draft that would make me happy

Reaching for players at high draft spots doesn't improve their talent level. It makes the team mediocre- See Buffalo Bills, last decade and a half......

Agreed, but it seems we are arguing two different points here. You are contending that Buffalo should draft defense heavily because "the strength of this draft is defense." I think that statement has some truth to it, but it also is an overgeneralization. It is pretty clear that the top-tier prospects in this draft are largely OL and DL. Also, there are a few OLB/DE tweeners that should go in the top 10-15 picks (Jordan, Ansah, Jones). That said, I view the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft to be deep with QB and WR talent...two areas of desparate need for Buffalo.

As I have stated before, I could see Buffalo drafting an offensive tackle with the #8 pick. On the other hand, I could see them drafting one of the DE/OLB or a defensive back like Milliner (if he falls) or Kenny Vaccaro. Essentially, best player available at #8. It would be dangerous, IMO, for them not to address the WR and QB positions somewhere in rounds 2-4. There are quite a few starting caliber WR's that will likely be available when we pick at #41 (i.e., Hopkins, Hunter, Woods, Williams) and I wouldn't mind at all to wait until round 3 or 4 to address QB.

Agreed, but it seems we are arguing two different points here. You are contending that Buffalo should draft defense heavily because "the strength of this draft is defense." I think that statement has some truth to it, but it also is an overgeneralization. It is pretty clear that the top-tier prospects in this draft are largely OL and DL. Also, there are a few OLB/DE tweeners that should go in the top 10-15 picks (Jordan, Ansah, Jones). That said, I view the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft to be deep with QB and WR talent...two areas of desparate need for Buffalo.

As I have stated before, I could see Buffalo drafting an offensive tackle with the #8 pick. On the other hand, I could see them drafting one of the DE/OLB or a defensive back like Milliner (if he falls) or Kenny Vaccaro. Essentially, best player available at #8. It would be dangerous, IMO, for them not to address the WR and QB positions somewhere in rounds 2-4. There are quite a few starting caliber WR's that will likely be available when we pick at #41 (i.e., Hopkins, Hunter, Woods, Williams) and I wouldn't mind at all to wait until round 3 or 4 to address QB.

I am with you. BPA, the Bills have a bunch of holes so serendipitously filling a need at the same time shouldn't be a problem. I think they will draft a QB in RD 1 or 2 though. New regime won't make the same mistake as the last. If you want to be employed 3 years later you better have a QB that is a top 15 starter, at least.

I agree- offensive line is pretty deep, although I think focussing on the defense is a quicker route to becoming a contender.

Fair enough. I'm curious though. Would you like to see Buffalo draft any offensive players? If so, which position(s) and in what round range?

That's tough to say- I really think defense is likely the value pick in the first two rounds. After that, it is tough to say who will be available. It would be nice to get an OL, TE, WR. Maybe the QB from Central Michigan, late in the draft.

I am starting to become very anti-QB. I am tired of seeing us hit and miss on QB's at every turn. Of course, if we do not get up to bat we will never hit a homerun... I just have too many doubts and have read too many skeptics on this years class to want to jump up and hit anywhere in the top 4 or 5 of that lineup. There will be good at bats to be had later.

We've Drafted one QB since Trent Edwards (a 3rd Round Pick), and that was in the 7th Round...Only one 7th Round QB in the past 5 Drafts!!!...How is that hitting and missing at every turn? B-)

We have so many needs right now - QB, WR, TE, OG, OLB, ILB, CB, S, P and K.

We are in worse shape now than when Buddy Nix started. Buddy is on his second coach and 3rd DC.

I sure hope he "retires" after the draft and turns this mess over to Whaley.

There are quite a few starting caliber WR's that will likely be available when we pick at #41 (i.e., Hopkins, Hunter, Woods, Williams) and I wouldn't mind at all to wait until round 3 or 4 to address QB.

I agree with this, I would be happy to see us fill our WR options in the 2nd and our QB options in the 3rd or 4th. I don't think the talent level in WR is that much greater than the WRs that will be selected before those WRs. And few QBs seem worth the gamble before a 3rd. Next year is the year to gamble on a QB early.

The draft that would make me happy would be:

1. Barkley

2. Robert Woods

I don't want to trade down. I want quality over quantity.

I wouldn't take Barkley until the fourth round. I see him as the same as what has typically come out of USC. Probably very similar to Sanchez.

The draft that would make me happy would be:

1. Barkley

2. Robert Woods

I don't want to trade down. I want quality over quantity.

I'm thinking both of those guys may be available in the 2nd-3rd round. Really, Barkley at #8? I don't see it, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.