Updated Pre-Draft Visit Mock

Astrobot

Cool inside info, thanks for sharing!

Can your contact share why they really like Geno Smith? How do they rationalize his team finishing 2-5 in their last 7 games while he had two very highly regarded NFL prospects to throw to? I know that their defense was bad, but I'd like to think that a #1 pick QB could elevate his team to a better finish than the team's overall talent level would otherwise dictate - isn't that what the team would be expecting if they brought him in?

I am not really sure. I would assume that it is like 808 said. He has the most complete skill set in the draft. I would be cool with Geno but I do not think that he is the perfect prospect (Ie Luck or RGIII). He has some upside, good skills but has some flaws. Teams are looking for QBs that can beat you a multitude of ways (which is why you see guys like Glennon slip and Scott rise). Just my $.02

The reason I'm taking Geno if he's there is his 7:1 TD to INT ratio. Others are in the 4:1 and 2:1 neighborhood. If you consider he'd be in the Gulf Coast Offense with us, he'll keep those numbers and let the receivers/RBs/TEs do their thing. Of course, we'll need some of those...

RD1 Geno Smith QB

RD2 Robert Woods WRF

RD3 Vance McDonald TE

RD4 Nico Johnson ILB

RD5 Marcus Davis WRF

RD6 Travis Long OLB34

The reason I'm taking Geno if he's there is his 7:1 TD to INT ratio. Others are in the 4:1 and 2:1 neighborhood. If you consider he'd be in the Gulf Coast Offense with us, he'll keep those numbers and let the receivers/RBs/TEs do their thing. Of course, we'll need some of those...

Do you think that the other QB's TD-INT ratio might have been as good or better in that offense with two very highly regarded NFL prospects at WR?

I am admittedly not a Geno Smith fan, though I can respect his reported good work-ethic, intelligence and good arm/athleticism. I just think that there is something missing about him - I could be really wrong about that, but I'd like him a lot more if he led his team to a better record...

tyler bray had 3 nfl wrs...didnt help him all that much in winnging games

Do you think that the other QB's TD-INT ratio might have been as good or better in that offense with two very highly regarded NFL prospects at WR?

I am admittedly not a Geno Smith fan, though I can respect his reported good work-ethic, intelligence and good arm/athleticism. I just think that there is something missing about him - I could be really wrong about that, but I'd like him a lot more if he led his team to a better record...

just trying to understand but is there something you can point to that you dont like about him besides his teams win/loss record?

Cool inside info, thanks for sharing!

Can your contact share why they really like Geno Smith? How do they rationalize his team finishing 2-5 in their last 7 games while he had two very highly regarded NFL prospects to throw to? I know that their defense was bad, but I'd like to think that a #1 pick QB could elevate his team to a better finish than the team's overall talent level would otherwise dictate - isn't that what the team would be expecting if they brought him in?

Well...

WVU lost 5 consecutive games vs. Texas Tech (Road game), Kansas St, TCU (2 OT's), Oklahoma St (Road game), and Oklahoma...Geno did not play very well vs. Tech (15th Ranked Pass Defense in the Country) and Kansas St (28th ranked scoring Defense)...No question about it...But in the next three games he passed for a total of 944 yds, and had 9 TD's to 3 INT's (he also had a rushing TD vs OKSt), while leading his Offense to 38, 34, and 49 points...I think he more than bounced back...

Just like every QB who ever lived Geno took more than his share of the blame during WVU's slide...Not that he was unaccountable, because he was...But he certainly played well enough to win in three of those 5 losses...Had those games gone the other way i wonder how much criticism Geno would get? Just saying... B-)

Gonna be hard to pass up a guy like Jarvis Jones at #8. His production in the SEC the last 2 years was ridiculous. Mario isn't an elite pass rusher. Defense could actually be pretty good with a double digit sack guy on the other side of Mario.

ive made no secret i am in favor of jarvis jones being the pick at 8 if geno is gone. when you watch the games he is all over the place. and i imagine pettine would have him roaming. makes me think how nasty it would be to overload blitz one side ith him over mario =... oh man that would be sweet.

ive made no secret i am in favor of jarvis jones being the pick at 8 if geno is gone. when you watch the games he is all over the place. and i imagine pettine would have him roaming. makes me think how nasty it would be to overload blitz one side ith him over mario =... oh man that would be sweet.

I say no to either but still call for a trade down at #8 though I haven't really decided whoi'd like where. I do know i'd like another player or two in the top 4 rounds.

RD1 Geno Smith QB

RD2 Robert Woods WRF

RD3 Vance McDonald TE

RD4 Nico Johnson ILB

RD5 Marcus Davis WRF

RD6 Travis Long OLB34

This would be a fantastic draft

I say no to either but still call for a trade down at #8 though I haven't really decided whoi'd like where. I do know i'd like another player or two in the top 4 rounds.

trading takes 2 teams willing to make this move. id like more picks too but at what cost and what player will be there that teams will want to come up for is the other side. just a tough situation. and ifa team does wanna come up for a player we might be just as interested in that player.

for me if geno isnt there im all over jarvis jones. he is a beast on the field